Prince Charles may rule in two years: Journalist

spaminator
Postmedia News
Published:
July 8, 2019
Updated:
July 8, 2019 5:15 PM EDT
Queen Elizabeth II delivers the Queen's Speech whilst sat next to Prince Charles, Prince of Wales during the State Opening of Parliament in the House of Lords at the Palace of Westminster on June 21, 2017 in London.Arthur Edwards / WPA Pool/Getty Images, File
Will Prince Charles take the throne before his mother Queen Elizabeth II dies? Rumours suggest that might be the case.
In an episode of Yahoo’s Royal Box, British journalist Phil Dampier says while it is unlikely that the 93-year-old monarch will abdicate the throne, she may start to relinquish her responsibilities in about two years.
“There is talk that when she reaches 95 … that she might slow down, possibly the Regency Act will be brought in,” the author, who has covered the royal family for more than three decades, says in the video. “She’ll still be Queen but Charles will, in fact, take over most of the duties. And, of course, he’s starting to do that already, being at the state opening in parliament and the Commonwealth conference.”
Regency Acts are an act of U.K. parliament that designates a regent to govern if the monarch is incapacitated, absent or a minor. The Regency Act of 1811, for example, designated then-Prince of Wales George as regent when his father King George III became incapacitated due to his mental illness. He served as regent until his father’s death in 1820 and reigned an additional 10 years as King George IV.
The current version, the Regency Act of 1937, was drafted after Elizabeth’s father George VI became king to ensure a regent was designated in case he died or became incapacitated before she turned 21.
However, the act wasn’t used as Elizabeth was 25 years old when she ascended to the throne in 1952.
http://news.yahoo.com/royal-box-epis...103748955.html
http://torontosun.com/life/royals/pr...ars-journalist

Blackleaf
+1
The monarch nowadays doesn't rule. They reign.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

The monarch nowadays doesn't rule. They reign.

So. . . would it be appropriate to say to Her Maj "Have a reigny day?"

Blackleaf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You could do. She has a great sense of humour. I just rather suspect most people would be too intimidated to say that to the most famous living person in the world.

Tecumsehsbones

You could do. She has a great sense of humour. I just rather suspect most people would be too intimidated to say that to the most famous living person in the world.

I will give you this, no snark, no sarcasm. Britain has been incredibly fortunate in its queens regnant, and Elizabeth II is the very model of grace, dignity, and dare I say? majesty for the 20th/21st centuries.

Yes, I would feel comfortable telling her a joke. My only worry would be that it might not be good enough.

Blackleaf
+2
#6  Top Rated Post

I will give you this, no snark, no sarcasm. Britain has been incredibly fortunate in its queens regnant, and Elizabeth II is the very model of grace, dignity, and dare I say? majesty for the 20th/21st centuries.
Yes, I would feel comfortable telling her a joke. My only worry would be that it might not be good enough.

It's like when Trump visited the UK recently. Even though I like him, it's true that when he visits other world leaders he likes to present himself as the boss, the big man, and actually makes himself look physically intimidating.

He didn't do that when he met Queen Elizabeth II recently. He seemed to be in awe and overwhelmed in her presence and it seemed to be her, 93 year old woman that she is, who let him know who's boss.

In fact, in a recent Tweet, Trump poured scorn on May and said the only person who he truly respected during his recent State Visit was the Queen.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2

She'll smile, anyway.

She's a classy dame.

NZDoug
Free Thinker

Like that Canadian guy called Rainy Day in the book "Snowblind"?

darkbeaver
Republican
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Postmedia News
Published:
July 8, 2019
Updated:
July 8, 2019 5:15 PM EDT
Queen Elizabeth II delivers the Queen's Speech whilst sat next to Prince Charles, Prince of Wales during the State Opening of Parliament in the House of Lords at the Palace of Westminster on June 21, 2017 in London.Arthur Edwards / WPA Pool/Getty Images, File
Will Prince Charles take the throne before his mother Queen Elizabeth II dies? Rumours suggest that might be the case.
In an episode of Yahoo’s Royal Box, British journalist Phil Dampier says while it is unlikely that the 93-year-old monarch will abdicate the throne, she may start to relinquish her responsibilities in about two years.
“There is talk that when she reaches 95 … that she might slow down, possibly the Regency Act will be brought in,” the author, who has covered the royal family for more than three decades, says in the video. “She’ll still be Queen but Charles will, in fact, take over most of the duties. And, of course, he’s starting to do that already, being at the state opening in parliament and the Commonwealth conference.”
Regency Acts are an act of U.K. parliament that designates a regent to govern if the monarch is incapacitated, absent or a minor. The Regency Act of 1811, for example, designated then-Prince of Wales George as regent when his father King George III became incapacitated due to his mental illness. He served as regent until his father’s death in 1820 and reigned an additional 10 years as King George IV.
The current version, the Regency Act of 1937, was drafted after Elizabeth’s father George VI became king to ensure a regent was designated in case he died or became incapacitated before she turned 21.
However, the act wasn’t used as Elizabeth was 25 years old when she ascended to the throne in 1952.
http://news.yahoo.com/royal-box-epis...103748955.html
http://torontosun.com/life/royals/pr...ars-journalist

So what, That Royal family has been reduced to rubber stamp actuators. period period period

Dirt on the windshield of this century.

Blackleaf
+1
Yesterday she helped to plant a tree. She picked up a spade and started scooping up dirt. Don't forget, she's 93.

Offered help, she politely declined it, saying "I'm still capable of planting a tree": https://youtu.be/ZfNCq9wR7F4

NZDoug
Free Thinker
All Hail King Wing Nuts the First.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

All Hail King Wing Nuts the First.

How dare you insult the Royal Tampon!

NZDoug
Free Thinker
Canadian Fact!
His Royal Majesty in waiting first soloed in a DeHavilland of Canada Chipmunk, by jing.

Tecumsehsbones

Canadian Fact!
His Royal Majesty in waiting first soloed in a DeHavilland of Canada Chipmunk, by jing.

That will be quite enough of the rumours about His Royal Highness losing his virginity, thank you.

Bestiality is still a crime and a sin in Britain.

Blackleaf
+1

That will be quite enough of the rumours about His Royal Highness losing his virginity, thank you.
Bestiality is still a crime and a sin in Britain.

Bestiality has been illegal in England & Wales since 1558, the year Elizabeth I came to the throne - probably before every other nation on Earth - which isn't surprising considering we are talking about the most civilised nation on Earth.

However, it's still entirely legal in many US states.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Canadian Fact!

What a great aircraft!

We should still be making them, tricked out with more modern engines.

http://youtu.be/pPs-ySNSoD8
Last edited by Curious Cdn; 6 days ago at 07:22 PM..

Tecumsehsbones

Bestiality has been illegal in England & Wales since 1558, the year Elizabeth I came to the throne - probably before every other nation on Earth - which isn't surprising considering we are talking about the most civilised nation on Earth.

I calculate that's why you can't get laid.

Blackleaf
+1

I calculate that's why you can't get laid.

When you fail miserably, start resorting to the putdowns.

In fact, I'm actually quite popular with the ladies. I'm actually quite a looker, it seems. Just last week I was walking home from work when a car full of young women slowed down and I was treated to a lot of wolf whistling. Slightly embarrassing, but it still made me happy.

I rather suspect you don't get such treatment, and never have done.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

When you fail miserably, start resorting to the putdowns.
In fact, I'm actually quite popular with the ladies. I'm actually quite a looker, it seems. Just last week I was walking home from work when a car full of young women slowed down and I was treated to a lot of wolf whistling. Slightly embarrassing, but it still made me happy.
I rather suspect you don't get such treatment, and never have done.

Ever wonder if this guy is really a Cocker Spaniel?

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Ever wonder if this guy is really a Cocker Spaniel?

He sounds like a bit of a cock. I don't know about a cocker spaniel.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

He's gotta get permission from Trump, first.

Blackleaf
+2

He's gotta get permission from Trump, first.

The next monarch is decided by the Line of Succession, something which predates the United States.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

The next monarch is decided by the Line of Succession, something which predates the United States.

The next monarch will be decided by your keepers.

Blackleaf
+2

The next monarch will be decided by your keepers.

The next monarch has already been decided, you idiot. It's Prince Charles.

It's called the Line of Succession, which goes back to 1485, before North America was even discovered.

NZDoug
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
Chuckleberry was cool when he was with the Princess of Wails and Moans.

Blackleaf
+1

Chuckleberry was cool when he was with the Princess of Wails and Moans.

I wonder if he'll be at Lord's to watch England beat New Zealand in the World Cup final on Sunday.

I know cricket fan May will be there.

NZDoug
Free Thinker
+1

I wonder if he'll be at Lord's to watch England beat New Zealand in the World Cup final on Sunday.

No more sleeps til Monday here.
All Blacks in Argie.

Blackleaf

No more sleeps til Monday here.
All Blacks in Argie.

I don't mind the All Blacks. When it comes to rugby union they have no equal. Jonah Lomu was like a tank.

I don't like the Argies, thought. Not after the war and Maradona's Hand of God. It's just disgraceful stuff. And they are all ugly, brown-skinned, buck-toothed inbreds who were so terrified of British soldiers they actually thought the Gurkhas would eat them (which they probably would have done, actually, had the Argies not run away. The Gurkhas would have slit their throats with their kukris and roasted them on spits in Port Stanley harbour).

Danbones
Free Thinker
Too bad about all the decrepit old wartubs they sank.

List of 6 British Ships Sunk During the Falklands War
https://historylists.org/other/list-...lands-war.html

I didn't realize the Brits lost ahole fleet in that skirmish.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

The next monarch has already been decided, you idiot. It's Prince Charles.
It's called the Line of Succession, which goes back to 1485, before North America was even discovered.

Gonna be Jared. Trump's going to demand it on Twitter.