Ontario father and son charged with possession of explosives granted bail

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

A father and son from Richmond Hill, Ontario who were charged with possession of explosive materials and a detonation device have been granted bail.

On May 9th, York Regional Police arrested Mahyar Mohammadiasl (18) and Reza Mohammadiasl (47) after receiving a tip from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

The pair were summarily arrested and their place of residence was searched by the authorities. Shortly after Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale announced that the arrest posed no threat to national security.

Today a Toronto judge has granted the pair bail at $50,000. The two are expected to appear in court again on June 6th.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/f...wB2qj70dm8MBVzBnz0QghMZLhn7LviQ3crICbKjgy9Xk0

well... they only had bombs they didnt blow anything up.. sources please.. islamophobe... racists.. homophobe.. oh oh.. I got it.. xenophobes sorry folks.. just practicing my head up my ass liberal responses...

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

A father and son from Richmond Hill, Ontario who were charged with possession of explosive materials and a detonation device have been granted bail.

On May 9th, York Regional Police arrested Mahyar Mohammadiasl (18) and Reza Mohammadiasl (47) after receiving a tip from the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

The pair were summarily arrested and their place of residence was searched by the authorities. Shortly after Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale announced that the arrest posed no threat to national security.

Today a Toronto judge has granted the pair bail at $50,000. The two are expected to appear in court again on June 6th.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/f...wB2qj70dm8MBVzBnz0QghMZLhn7LviQ3crICbKjgy9Xk0

well... they only had bombs they didnt blow anything up.. sources please.. islamophobe... racists.. homophobe.. oh oh.. I got it.. xenophobes sorry folks.. just practicing my head up my ass liberal responses...

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/one-of-t...as-on-cusp-of-radicalization-source-1.4427206

You're right, they didn't blow anything up. They had the shit to make bombs but never assembled them. Just because they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to use it.

That said...

IMO the pair should still be in jail (omg am I still a Lib for saying that?)

Though they're both out on 50K bonds each, and both are under strict conditions including a chaperone for the son, too much could still happen, especially if the son was being radicalized. And is the father just going along with it to try and keep his son from getting into worse trouble, or was he really part of the process?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Um. . . I'm not aware of a Canadian presence in Guantanamo. And no, we're not interested in taking your trash.

But, but... all terrorists belong in Gitmo, no matter what country they come from!

(I agree with you though, our trash shouldn't be in Gitmo; nor should anyone else but that's another thing)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Um. . . I'm not aware of a Canadian presence in Guantanamo. And no, we're not interested in taking your trash.
As a matter of fact, the Canadian military and the RCMP funneled dozens into Gitmo in the opening rounds of the Afghan War ... back when it was merely a Special Forces Olympics. Our troops took lots of prisoners but none of them were interned here.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Just because they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to use it.

Not now that the goodies have been siezed.
Just remember that statement next time someone is pushing for more gun laws.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Just because they had the stuff doesn't mean they were going to use it.
Not now that the goodies have been siezed.
Just remember that statement next time someone is pushing for more gun laws.
You've just made a good argument for stiffer gun laws. Why does anyone need to possess explosives?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Back in the good ole days when you could walk into the Marshall Wells and walk out with a case of CILs finest dynamite.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Back in the good ole days when you could walk into the Marshall Wells and walk out with a case of CILs finest dynamite.
You used to be able to buy a truckload of high nitrogen fertilizer and diesel fuel without raising suspicions, too.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Then why go to all the trouble and possible danger of accumulating the explosives?

Because in the law, having the stuff doesn't matter. You have to prove they were going to do something with it.

But as I said, IMO they should still be in jail.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Please remember that analogy with your anti-gun BS..

So just because you have a gun, doesn't mean you're going to go out and go postal..

I am so glad to see you're coming around to be pro-gun now. :lol:

LOL - I was never anti-gun. :) Hell, I look forward to getting my father's old buffalo gun and his hunting rifle, even if I never intend to use them.

I AM pro doing whatever we can to keep track/records of them, and to keep them out of the hands of wackadoodles who might use them in crimes, and make it harder to get the guns and making sure guns are going to people who will use them responsibly.

Which is why I'm all for these two being in jail still, because they had the stuff to make bombs, therefore seriously hurt people. IMO until they can prove they WEREN'T going to, they should stay in jail.

Kind'a like if someone reports X person has a stash of guns and is going to go postal somewhere like a mall or school. **** waiting to see if they do it, rather take them in and hold until they prove they WOULDN'T do any harm.