Flyers remove Kate Smith statue

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Those who remember the Broad Street Bullies will remember Kate Smith singing God Bless America at their home games. She was a good luck charm. But she was also a racist who had a legacy of race hatred. Therefore her statue outside of their arena has gone wherever bad statues go.

In the Age of Reconciliation she must be held responsible for her actions.

My own feeling is that I am glad that team has been further diminished.

Both of those Cups - and especially the second - could have gone to the Leafs if Fred Shero had not discovered a way to ruin the game.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
rewrite history?

what goes on in the mind of a white natty?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The NHL principle ‘Hockey is for Everyone’ is the reason it was removed. Apparently Taxslave doesn't like darkies playing the game.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
God almighty what a butt ugly excuse for a statue-apparently she was quite a nasty piece of work but that thing is a horror.

Anyway it can be sold for scrap and the money given to charity.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You are as stupid as the morons that are trying to rewrite history to make themselves feel good.
Ah yes, another "conservative" having a hissy fit over a private organization deciding what it will and won't support and doing as it pleases with its own property.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
But she was also a racist who had a legacy of race hatred.
Oooo then I guess we should get rid of everything in Canada that has anything to do with Tommy Douglas. Or is a legacy of homophobia cool with you?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Oooo then I guess we should get rid of everything in Canada that has anything to do with Tommy Douglas. Or is a legacy of homophobia cool with you?
No because he didn’t know any better at that time in our history . It is not like he wanted to practice eugenics or something . Gee get with the program .
You know the same one where the KKK were a product of Republican racism .