Masjid Toronto mosque apologizes for “offensive” supplications against the Jews

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
On February 20, 2017 Masjid Toronto mosque has issued the following statement:
It has come to our attention that an inappropriate supplication that was offensive to those of Jewish faith, was made in our downtown mosque, Masjid Toronto.
Such language is unacceptable and against the values and practices of the Muslim Association of Canada (MAC), Masjid Toronto and the Muslim Community at large.
Masjid Toronto condemns all forms of hate and racism towards any faith group or others and is committed to offering a safe spiritual space for all congregants.
On February 18, 2017 CIJnews exposed excerpts from supplications (originally in Arabic) recited by Aymen Elkasrawy and Shaykh Abdool Hamid at Masjid Toronto mosque in 2016:
O Allah! We ask you… [to give us] victory over the enemies.O Allah! Raise the standing of Islam and the Muslims. O Allah! Give victory (help) to your oppressed slaves all over the world, east to west. O Allah! Give victory (help) to your slaves who believe in the oneness of Allah, O the Lord of the Worlds! O Allah! Destroy the criminals. O Allah! Destroy anyone who inflicts injustice on your slaves, O the Lord of the Worlds! O Allah! Count their number; slay them one by one and spare not one of them. O Allah! Do not defer [it] on them.O Allah! Seize them with the seizure of One Mighty, Omnipotent [referring to a Quranic verse that deals with the punishment Allah inflicted on Pharaoh and his people].
[O Allah!] Give us victory over the disbelieving people… O Allah! Give victory to Islam and raise the standing the Muslims. And humiliate the polytheism and polytheists. O Allah! Give victory (help) to your slaves who believe in the oneness of Allah, O the Lord of the Worlds!O Allah! Give them victory over the criminal people. O Allah! Destroy anyone who killed Muslims. O Allah! Destroy anyone who displaced the sons of the Muslims. O Allah! Count their number; slay them one by one and spare not one of them. O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews! O Allah! Purify Al-Aqsa Mosque from the filth of the Jews!
O Allah! Raise the standing of Islam and the Muslims.And humiliate the polytheism, the polytheists, the infidels and the atheists. And Give victory (help) to your slaves who believe in the oneness of Allah.O Allah! Give victory to our oppressed and deprived Muslim brothers and the mujahideen (those who engage in jihad) everywhere.O Allah! Pour on them patience and steadfast their feet. And give them victory over the disbelieving people. And give them victory over the evildoersAnd give them victory over the criminals.
See also:

• Supplications at Masjid Toronto Mosque: “Slay them one by one and spare not one of them” (click HERE)
  • Will Mayor John Tory denounce the hatred coming from the Masjid Toronto mosque? (click HERE)

Masjid Toronto mosque apologizes for

Joe Warmington Verified account ‏@joe_warmington
People inside Masjid Toronto are upset at what videos discovered by @Jonathanhalevi show and will apologize. Watch for story soon

Jewish Defence League alleges hate crime | Toronto News | Toronto Sun Joe Warmington @MeirWeinstein @MasjidToronto http://m.torontosun.com/2017/02/20/jewish-defence-league-alleges-hate-crime …

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Sure sounds like a Hate crime to me.

This mosque/Iman should be prosecuted to the full extent of the Law.

They should also have their Citizenship investigated

This sort of thing is happening all the time at mosques across Canada.

Here is another example;

Canada home to Islamic radicals | Fatah | Columnists | Opinion | Calgary Sun

In November 2014, while making a deposition before the Senate Committee on National Security and Defence, I raised the issue of Islamic clerics using mosque sermons to attack the foundational principles of Western civilization and liberal secular democracy.

Liberal Senator Grant Mitchell was outraged by my testimony that at most Canadian mosques, the Friday congregation includes a ritual prayer asking, “Allah to give victory to Muslims over the ‘Kufaar’ (non-Muslims).”

In a heated exchange with me, the senator suggested I wasn’t telling the truth, implying I was motivated by Islamophobia.

Sadly, Sen. Mitchell is not alone in such views.

But neither is there any let up in the attacks on Canadian values emanating from many mosque pulpits and Islamic conferences hosted by radical Islamist groups.

For example, in a sermon on Friday, May 6 delivered at a mosque in Edmonton, an imam invoked the memory of Prophet Muhammad to whip up hatred against Israel.

He declared peace accords with Israel are “useless garbage,” and vowed “Jerusalem will be conquered through blood.”

In February, the same cleric predicted Islam would soon conquer Rome, “the heart of the Christian state.”

The Edmonton mosque diatribe was not isolated.

On May 13, just north of Toronto, an Islamic society hosted a celebration of Iranian mass murderer, Ayatollah Khomeini.

The poster promoting the event described Khomeini as a, “Liberator and Reformer of the Masses.”

On Saturday, the Islamist group Hizb-ut-Tahrir, banned in some countries, hosted a conference to discuss the re-establishment of a global Islamic caliphate.

Pakistan-Canadian writer Tahir Gora went to cover the event, but was barred from entering the hall.

“They said this was a closed door, in-camera meeting for our supporters,” Gora told me after he was asked to leave.

Fortunately, one Palestinian-Canadian woman was able to enter the event.

She shared with me some of the proceedings from inside the gathering.

“I walked into the banquet hall with approximately 100 attendees who were gender segregated. I sat next to a woman who said she had been in Canada for 40 years. When I asked her if she felt any disconnect between enjoying 40 years of democracy, yet supporting the Hizb-ut-Tahrir who wanted to end it, she explained that democracy has done nothing good to people, so she and other believers follow Allah's rule.

"The first speaker reminded Muslims that they are obligated to implement Allah's orders that fulfil the Islamic State. It is "not permissible for us to choose’ he said, citing the Quran.

“However, he said it was necessary to win the public's hearts and minds; and to partner with people of power, citing examples from the life of The Prophet.

“At the end, a three-minute video was presented to demonstrate the collective oil and natural gas production capabilities of the Muslim world, the human capital needed to mine and process these resources ... the military power required to protect them and the types of weapons needed to make such a military effective.”

While this was unfolding we received news that the Trudeau government, as part of its infrastructure development program, had authorised a $200,000 grant to a southern Ontario mosque with links to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Which begs the question: Who’s minding the store?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Our govt are nothing but a bunch of gutless, appeasing cowards.

Yes I agree, but you really also have to blame the voters.
So many Canadians are just not keeping themselves informed on the real issues that will have a big impact on this country in the future.
I think they probably see everything thru a movie lens, i.e. after the movie you just go back to your comfy home. So useless.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

so...?
your point?