For IPhone users......

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If you like to put "all" your music on random play and just skip over songs you don't want to listen to just now.....
Beware of the new ios 8.4 update from itunes...
They have done some major screwing around with the music app.
Also with the new itunes PC update....
I have just spent 3 hours on both
I had to reload all my music on the Itunes program on my PC which took a while because the update had reformatted the way it was presented on my screen and I had to redo all my preferences (start from scratch so to speak)
I was lucky all my songs were still on the phone because now I don't dare sync it to my PC
I just finally found a link wit instructions to Random play all the songs
I just hope it saves someone a lot of work for nothing....
Shuffle Songs in the iOS 8.4 Music App | Kirkville

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I was afraid of this when I heard about their reworking the music app. But this is an iOS update not a iTunes update is it not? How could it affect iTunes?

Saw this. Doesn't look too bad. I haven't been notified yet of update.

A quick tour of iOS 8.4’s new Music app and the Apple Music setup process | Ars Technica
When I saw what the update did to my phone I decided to connect it to my PC to see if I couldn't undo the damage, and when I started ITunes I got an alert that there was an update for it, so like a fool I updated it and all my music disappeared and I had to manually put it back.
Apple must be having problems all my apps Are gone from the ITunes program, and I just checked for further updates and can't connect with the update server........really weird what is going on....

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I don't use itunes or Apple anything so I'm good. I'll just sit here and wait for Windows 10 to f#ck everything up. lol.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
When I saw what the update did to my phone I decided to connect it to my PC to see if I couldn't undo the damage, and when I started ITunes I got an alert that there was an update for it, so like a fool I updated it and all my music disappeared and I had to manually put it back.
Apple must be having problems all my apps Are gone from the ITunes program, and I just checked for further updates and can't connect with the update server........really weird what is going on....

That sounds like a bug. I don't want to lose my music or my apps.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
That sounds like a bug. I don't want to lose my music or my apps.
Your apps are still in your Itunes document folder same as your music the folder I imported before
I just imported the apps folder content to the Itunes program and I'm in the process of updating the apps which had'nt been updated in a while.
I know it's working because when an app is updated in ITunes, the old one lands in the recycle bin and they are all there now....16 of them
I hadn't been there in a long time because I update on the phone right over wifi
I usually back-up my phone every few months but now I don't dare do it because of that ITunes glitch.

With the little computer experience I have, I'm wondering what someone with less than me would have done....
And I'm not updating my wife's IPhone until they fix those glitches and certainly not her PC Itunes program!
I can manage to work around that bug in the music app, but I don't think she can.....she gets frustrated waaay too easily :lol:
Let me know when you find out that they have a working update....OK?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I haven't updated my phone yet but I have updated my iTunes. Of course, I'm on a Mac so that could make a difference. I've not seen any problem with any of my music or video files.

I don't tend to use the random play all that often on my phone, are they're other issues? I haven't done the update on my 6 yet.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I haven't updated my phone yet but I have updated my iTunes. Of course, I'm on a Mac so that could make a difference. I've not seen any problem with any of my music or video files.

I don't tend to use the random play all that often on my phone, are they're other issues? I haven't done the update on my 6 yet.
If "random" was truly random, mostly what you'd get is static or the archived speeches of Ronald Reagan.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Both my wife and I are on the 4S and we both have PC's
After all this bloody work I'm going for a long walk with my wife and my dog.......to rest'

See ya later...

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

The music app is the only one they worked on that I ever use......all the other ones are in an "Unused App" folder so I didn't even check them out.
One good thing about the music app...... I used it on my walk for well over an hour with bluetooth headphones and the battery on the phone didn't even drop from the 100% mark!

If "random" was truly random, mostly what you'd get is static or the archived speeches of Ronald Reagan.
"Random" on an IPhone is as close to true random as I've ever seen in all the music playback devices I've ever owned......I have a little over one thousand song on my phone and once in a while one will pop up that I haven't heard in a long time and once maybe twice a year it will play the same song two times in a row, which wouldn't happen if it was a programed random...(at least I don't think so) unless someone can give me a good explanation.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Looks like I might not be the only one that had those problems yesterday....
iTunes 12.2 has a huge bug, read this before updating
Luckily I managed to fix it......
Now I I try to update this is what I get...

Hopefully the next update will be able to access all the data by itself

I was lucky I didn't loose all my music....it was still in the Itunes folders
I also have an external hard drive as a back-up....

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am doing the updates tonight. My wife did hers with no issue. Intend to say no to Apple Music. From what I am reading, this may be where the bug lies.

iTunes updated. No issues.

Now the phone ...

Phone updated. Apple Music declined.

Last edited:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I never even bothered to join apple music, I got it set to"off" in the settings... cause I checked it out and their radio stations didn't have the music I like.....Got my own app for internet radio stations when I want to listen to music other than my own..
What I still find strange is that one I got all my music and apps back into the ITunes program software I can manage the apps updates OK, but when I try to update the software ...instead of getting..."ITunes is up to date" response I still get what I posted a few days ago....
Well at least everything works on my phone, and I'll wait until apple fixes their bug in the next update to update the wife's phone!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I never even bothered to join apple music, I got it set to"off" in the settings... cause I checked it out and their radio stations didn't have the music I like.....Got my own app for internet radio stations when I want to listen to music other than my own..
What I still find strange is that one I got all my music and apps back into the ITunes program software I can manage the apps updates OK, but when I try to update the software ...instead of getting..."ITunes is up to date" response I still get what I posted a few days ago....
Well at least everything works on my phone, and I'll wait until apple fixes their bug in the next update to update the wife's phone!

So you said yes initially? I said "NO" right from the get go. My settings still say "Join Apple Music". My app store says all apps are up to date.

Not sure why you got unlucky.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My wife keeps getting those telemarketing calls since her cell# is the house # we had for over 40+years and it takes a couple of years before it comes off public listings...
Lately she is having the same number call a couple of times a week...and keeps deleting the number as soon as they hang up.
I asked her to keep the number the next time because the IPhone has a simple "Block" feature...
You just at the number to your contacts.......once in your contacts.....while still in your phone directory.....click on the circled "I"...scroll down to the bottom of that contact page and click on "Block this caller"
I hope it works...

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
My wife keeps getting those telemarketing calls since her cell# is the house # we had for over 40+years and it takes a couple of years before it comes off public listings...
Lately she is having the same number call a couple of times a week...and keeps deleting the number as soon as they hang up.
I asked her to keep the number the next time because the IPhone has a simple "Block" feature...
You just at the number to your contacts.......once in your contacts.....while still in your phone directory.....click on the circled "I"...scroll down to the bottom of that contact page and click on "Block this caller"
I hope it works...

I use block all the time. It has nothing to do with it being a former land number. Cell numbers were added to the allowed list a while back by the CRTC. I get about 3-4 a week. I keep adding them to my Spammer contact which is on the blocked list as well.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I use block all the time. It has nothing to do with it being a former land number. Cell numbers were added to the allowed list a while back by the CRTC. I get about 3-4 a week. I keep adding them to my Spammer contact which is on the blocked list as well.
So you keep adding the numbers to the same contact? neat....keeps the clutter to a minimum....