Super Bowl 49

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's Super Bowl Sunday!

Vegas line is basically a 'pick em'. No favorite. More bets have been placed on New England but more money is being wagered per bet for Seattle. Apparently a pile of money came in on Seattle yesterday to even things out.

The Hawks are owned by Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen. The Pats are owned by Robert Kraft, CEO of the Kraft Group, a conglomerate holding company.

Tom Brady is looking to win his 4th title in 6 appearances. Russell Wilson is looking for #2 in just his third year in the NFL.

The Seahawks have been notoriously slow starters throughout the year. They better have their chin straps tightened early because a Tom Brady led offense is generally strong right out of the gate. The Pats come in with a plan and with Brady at the helm they usually fire on all cylinders.

Biggest keys in the game imo are:

1) Seahawks pass rush. If Brady has time in the pocket he will eat them alive. Rob Gronkowski will be a key passing target, mostly short and over the middle.
2) Runningback LaGarrette Blount, a force in the last game, will need to be once again.
3) New England will need to deal with the combined running of Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. Look for Wilson to use the read-option more than he has of late.
4) The Hawks secret weapons, Canadians Luke Willson Jon Ryan. :)

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Don't care who wins. I drove by the Stadium yesterday and then made the mistake of driving through downtown Phoenix trying to get home. It's all about the cash. People goin nuts over a game. I'll probably watch it though because I'm a hypocrite.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
My 49th Super Bowl!

Haven't missed so much as one of them in all these years. And in just a few minutes, I will put my roast into the oven for Super Bowl dinner ....

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Listening to the news yesterday, I picked up this tid bit. Die-hard fans who tune into to watch the entire spectacle from beginning to end will watch a total of 9 hours of coverage. The actual time that football is being played - excluding all the huddles, referee moments, time-outs etc - will be 17 minutes.

We're going to have honey-mustard chicken wings.

After the Pinty's tournie, I happened to be in our local Save-On and they had some of those on sale. I don't normally buy prepared foods, but have to say those wings were really good. I imagine you are making your own though.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yes, my wife wants to give a recipe a try. I'm quite willing to be the guinea pig.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Deer sausage, cheeses, pickled veggies, dills, salami, tater chips, homemade dip with fresh dill, fresh dinner rolls and two growlers.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Here is BlackLeaf discussing the superbowl

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's 54F in the desert today.

I guarantee Canadians at the game still feel warm and are wearing shorts. Just look for the people with blinding white legs.

bambi/Rudolph rip. :( ;)

Bambi was a white tail rupolph a caribou and I'm eating a mule deer so it's all good.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Off to watch our Canadian Junior Curlers Provincial play-downs until the on-field action starts. Enjoy the game everyone and may the Seattle Seahawks once again hoist the Cup when the last whistle has blown.

GO SEAHAWKS!

Oops, my bad ............it is actually the Canadian Junior championship that is on the line .....Sask is playing NB in the semi-final right now - the score is 2 -2 in the 4th end.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Saskatchewan beat NB with a lovely double take-out on the skip's last shot to advance to the final against Manitoba. GO Saskatchewan!

Now I will watch the Waste Management Open ( you think they could come up with a slightly less stinky name for the tourney) - Golf for those who don't follow the game. I was hoping to watch Rory again at the Dubai tourney but I don't get a channel that carries it today. He finished yesterday with a four point lead.

Last edited: