NDP MP Breaks Silence On Allegations Against Liberal MPs

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Charles AdlerVerified account ‏@charlesadler

Advantage @JustinTrudeau over @ThomasMulcair #NDP MP trusted Trudeau with personal info over her own leader

OTTAWA — The NDP MP who approached Justin Trudeau says she never wanted to “destroy” the reputation of a Liberal MP, she just wanted the Liberal leader to know what kind of people he had in his caucus.

In an hour-long conversation with The Huffington Post Canada, the MP said she approached Trudeau while they were on the same bus after landing in Hamilton to attend Cpl. Nathan Cirillo’s funeral. The allegations against former CBC host Jian Ghomeshi were weighing on her, and she was troubled by what was happening to one of her NDP colleagues. She saw the Liberal leader who, in a rare moment, had no one around him.

The NDP MP said she sat next to Trudeau and asked him if he was aware of allegations from another female NDP MP about Liberal MP Scott Andrews.

“I thought that this was unacceptable, and I asked him if he knew about it,” she told HuffPost.

This MP said Trudeau didn’t know anything about the allegations. “I said: personally, I would not like someone like that close to me.”

Andrews vehemently denies any wrongdoing.

more

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/25/ndp-harassment-allegations-massimo-pacetti_n_6216184.html?utm_hp_ref=canada …

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I can understand the reluctance to come forward because of the impact on her political career. As unfair as it may be, if you're a victim of sexual harassment or abuse you stand to lose as much as the accused. That's true in almost all circumstances but particularly in politics; politics itself is a fickle beast at the best of times.

What I cannot understand though is all the concern over what this is doing to the accused. That would be the very last concern I'd trouble myself with, unless of course the accusations are fabricated and/or embellished.

Finally Trudeau, although I'm not particularly a fan, made the most politically prudent choice as far as I can see. If true, it's better to throw these MPs under the bus than be caught covering it up at some later date, politically speaking at any rate.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I said it at the onset and I will say it again now.

Shiny Pony did the right thing.

If it was an outright termination of the MPs, I would have hesitated but making them suspensions was a fair compromise.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I said it at the onset and I will say it again now.

Shiny Pony did the right thing.

If it was an outright termination of the MPs, I would have hesitated but making them suspensions was a fair compromise.

On the bus, the MP said she didn’t discuss her own experience. But in a subsequent meeting with the Liberal and NDP whips she alleged that Pacetti, a Montreal MP, forced himself on her in March.
“It was sex without explicit consent,” she said.
Told of the allegations, Pacetti responded to HuffPost late Monday evening saying his “previous statement still stands.” In his statement on Nov. 5, he said he was “confident” an independent investigation “will exonerate me.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/1...simo-pacetti_n_6216184.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

If this is true, it is NOT "sexual harassment" it is sexual assault.

That means charges need to be pressed, and yes, Trudeau was right to throw him out of caucus.........but she needs to press charges.

“I told them that in the end what I want is that this doesn’t happen to anyone else — and that I don’t want this to become public,” she said.
I know she is NDP, but she needs to WAKE UP and smell the coffee. If it was assault she needs to press charges....or she should have STFU.

I weill say this for Trudeau....she put him in an incredibly untenable position. He had to do SOMETHING, and it had to be fairly dramatic.........

So let's give Justin the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I am extremely curious about the other accusation.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Colpy, you should lay off the caps bro.

Try it for a week.

i DARE ya

But but but.......fine.

Saying no is explicit. Shaking your head from side to side is implicit. Direct versus implied.

Either one means no.

But she said "...without explicit consent".

I still do not know what that means. Nor do I know of any situation that you would seek "explicit" consent. Letting you, without protest of any kind is not even explicit consent, it is implied consent.

Sorry, I don't get it.

If having sex with a woman who has not given "explicit consent" is rape, then every guy I know is a rapist.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
According to Stockwell Day, on tv tonight, she was at the bar with 'the accused " till closing,went to his room for more drinks and supplied the condom.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
According to Stockwell Day, on tv tonight, she was at the bar with 'the accused " till closing,went to his room for more drinks and supplied the condom.

Really?

Ouch!!

What more could you say?

"Morning after" regrets?

If so, the MP removed from caucus is not guilty of any wrong doing.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Right, what if the ndp got Justin involved, thinking he would keep quiet to protect his guys so they could use it against him later. For all their skill in slinging bs, politicians can come up with some pretty lame stories when the chips are down.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Here is what I find troubling about this. Anyone can make an accusation against anyone. For instance: If Twila accuses me of sexual assault, but doesn't lay charges and there is no trial, should I be destroyed publicly with no way of defending myself?

Without charges this is still a "he said she said." If true, she should lay charges. If she doesn't lay charges, then Trudeau acted on hearsay and therefore acted without just cause. Innocent until proved guilty.