Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via bcf:

Meet Abdul, Ahad and Yannick...

• Liquid was sprayed at mother outside an east London primary school
  • She suffered 16 per cent chemical burns to her face and body
  • Some of the acid burnt her son's satchel and another mother was injured
  • It is thought Yannick Ntesa, 25, sprayed the acid and made his getaway in a BMW with Abdul Motin, 28, and Ahad Miah, 31

more

Naomi Oni: acid attackers poured acid over mother as she walked her six-year-old twins home from school | Mail Online

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
What a bunch of freaks and goons. They should never be allowed out of prison as far as I'm concerned. How in the hell can they ever be reasonably trusted again after such a random attack on a stranger?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Gulag would be better.

How bout nekkid with 3 cages of really horny male gorillas?

I have a feeling that they will be well received in prison.
Pants Sir, no you will not be needing your top middle teeth either.
My name Sir, why they call me Ben, Ben Dover.
So come with me honey chile.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yannick Ntesa, Abdul Motin, and Ahad Miah - Just looking at the names.. was this in some way religiously motivated?? The lady not wearing a burka??

Just ask'in?

I'm sure with the religious tension already in the UK this won't help much. Hope Canadian politicians that want to change Canada into a UK utopia for Muslims see this shyte happening.. cough Trudeau.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
so this woman is horribly disfigured, 44 years is not enough, they need to have to "do something" toward her plastic surgery...they need to have to work at something and send all of their pay to her weekly for the rest of her life...just jailing people isn't enough

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Yannick Ntesa, Abdul Motin, and Ahad Miah - Just looking at the names.. was this in some way religiously motivated?? The lady not wearing a burka??

Just ask'in?

I'm sure with the religious tension already in the UK this won't help much. Hope Canadian politicians that want to change Canada into a UK utopia for Muslims see this shyte happening.. cough Trudeau.
Any excuse to persecute Muslims will do, right?
I don't remember reading anything about religion in the article.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury

Just ask'in?

Are you that in love with the guy that you have to include Trudeau in every thread?

Give the thugs a taste of acid - on the testicles

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The joke's on them. Naomi Oni is still more beautiful than anyone who would be willing to bed down with revolting scum them.

Religious motivation? More like cultural. They're tricky to disentangle sometimes, but they are distinct. Unfortunately, these women are bearing the brunt of a fast cultural clash between 'middle eastern' ideals (not the entire middle east, but many areas, and many pockets of people), where women are still heavily subjugated, denied education.... and western ideals, where women have equal rights, and are their own people. For small minded, fearful men, they want to force their viewpoint. And the only way they can think to do that is to take away the only thing THEY value in a woman. Too bad for them, she lives in a country where she is valued for more. And while she will bear this heartache, and these scars, I pray she will have people who see they are but a small mark from small men, and do nothing to diminish her truly.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
so this woman is horribly disfigured, 44 years is not enough, they need to have to "do something" toward her plastic surgery...they need to have to work at something and send all of their pay to her weekly for the rest of her life...just jailing people isn't enough

Just to be clear, they are not going to jail for 44 years. 44 years is the sum total of all three of their sentences; 2 for 14 years, 1 for 16 years.

Not enough. Period.

You do something like that, you should forfeit your right to walk amongst other members of society.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Just to be clear, they are not going to jail for 44 years. 44 years is the sum total of all three of their sentences; 2 for 14 years, 1 for 16 years.

Not enough. Period.

You do something like that, you should forfeit your right to walk amongst other members of society.
Probably, could they be rehabilitated? I don't know maybe. I think jailing perpetrators when there are victims involved that can be financially assisted should always entail serving the victim in some way and perhaps other victims at large.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Probably, could they be rehabilitated? I don't know maybe. I think jailing perpetrators when there are victims involved that can be financially assisted should always entail serving the victim in some way and perhaps other victims at large.

Rehabilitated how? Don't get me wrong, I think rehabilitation in many cases is quite possible (I don't happen to think the current prison system does a very good job of it necessarily, but it is very possible. I've known people that it's happened to.) but I have to wonder if it is possible in the case of individuals such as these. Is it possible to simply not care about burning a stranger with acid and somehow come back from that??? How can they possible ever be trusted to walk down the street in public? How?

As far as compensating the victim in some way, shape or form, I'd be all for that. But their freedom needs to disappear for a really, really long time.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Some acts are criminal and some acts are even beyond that with consequences.
For example if these facsimile humans are just criminals they should get life in
prison.
If this was as pointed out a religious act motivated for some other purpose. Here
is a solution. They should be deported and their entire family should go with them.
You heard right, if it were instituted the families that that direct their lives by honor
would be responsible for making sure they were honorable.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rehabilitated how? Don't get me wrong, I think rehabilitation in many cases is quite possible (I don't happen to think the current prison system does a very good job of it necessarily, but it is very possible. I've known people that it's happened to.) but I have to wonder if it is possible in the case of individuals such as these. Is it possible to simply not care about burning a stranger with acid and somehow come back from that??? How can they possible ever be trusted to walk down the street in public? How?

As far as compensating the victim in some way, shape or form, I'd be all for that. But their freedom needs to disappear for a really, really long time.
I don't know about rehabilitation because the article does not present nor speculate upon their motive. It would seem to me that such an act involves a lack of conscience and the biggie...empathy. This would then involve psychopathic behaviour. I don't think it is possible to come back from that at this point anyway. When they are freed repetition of psychopathic behaviour would be likely.

The problem with our justice system is our desire to focus on punishment over rehabilitation. If they are going to be released it would be in our best interest to ensure that rehabilitation is the biggest part of their time spent away. This woman that they mentally, emotionally, and physically scarred got a life long sentence. If we look at an eye for an eye, they got off lighter than she did. Their punishment will end, hers may not.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
How many Christians have done this sort of thing on a regular basis lately? How many have bombed innocent people? Get a grip. :roll:

Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan. If you want I can give you more specifics of "Christians" bombing innocent non combatants.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I don't know about rehabilitation because the article does not present nor speculate upon their motive. It would seem to me that such an act involves a lack of conscience and the biggie...empathy. This would then involve psychopathic behaviour. I don't think it is possible to come back from that at this point anyway. When they are freed repetition of psychopathic behaviour would be likely.

Hence my reasoning why their future freedom should be heavily restricted if not removed entirely. There is no society on this earth that should have to put up with the likes of these two wandering around in it.

The problem with our justice system is our desire to focus on punishment over rehabilitation. If they are going to be released it would be in our best interest to ensure that rehabilitation is the biggest part of their time spent away. This woman that they mentally, emotionally, and physically scarred got a life long sentence. If we look at an eye for an eye, they got off lighter than she did. Their punishment will end, hers may not.
Eye for an eye, on one hand it has an element of fairness to it but basically, for me, it often also means that we, as a society, are lowering ourselves collectively to their levels in order to fulfill it. It's not about whether it's fair for them, not about whether they deserves something or not, but it's about what it says about us, where we have to go in order for this 'fairness' to happen. Bottom line it's the same reason I don't support the death penalty.

We don't do enough, in my opinion, to rehabilitate the individuals who could be rehabilitated. And they are out there. But in the case of these men, and others like them, given how unlikely it is that they could be rehabilitated, what is the point in trying? Really? Do we put the same kind of effort into their rehabilitation as we would into the rehabilitation of those who are likely to succeed? Particularly given that by doing so we spread it (money, time,etc resources) so thin as to not really do an adequate job with any of them.

Because honestly that's where I see that we are right now.