COVID-19 'Pandemic'


taxslave
-1
#11401
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

and he is not divisive, fostering the we vs them mentality. which is so counter productive. ( Think Pharaoh Trump)
As you say: time will tell..

TurdOWE is much more decisive than Trump could ever hope to be. He has managed to single-handedly make WEXIT a viable force because of his hatred of the west. All Trump has managed to do is piss off a few people that have been sucking on the public tit for generations. And at that it crosses party lines.
 
taxslave
+1 / -1
#11402
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Tell that to Alberta and Saskatchewan..

And those of us in BC that care about the future.
 
taxslave
-1
#11403
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

There are 37 some odd million Canadians and there have been 147,000 confirmed cases of covid.
That is a little more than one third of one percent of the population.
So there is no way that most of the most vulnerable have already died from it.
The vast majority of the most vulnerable have not had it. Yet.

SO your hero crashed our economy and put us in debt for decades to come for 1/3 of 1% of the population.
 
JLM
#11404
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

There are 37 some odd million Canadians and there have been 147,000 confirmed cases of covid.

That is a little more than one third of one percent of the population.

So there is no way that most of the most vulnerable have already died from it.

The vast majority of the most vulnerable have not had it. Yet.

Hard to argue with that statement, what I should have said is "many of the most vulnerable who are left are not as vulnerable as many of those who have already succumbed". Another factor is the prairie provinces who numbers are fewer so the vulnerable there have a better chance of not getting it in the first place.
 
Serryah
+1
#11405
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

TurdOWE is much more decisive than Trump could ever hope to be. He has managed to single-handedly make WEXIT a viable force because of his hatred of the west. All Trump has managed to do is piss off a few people that have been sucking on the public tit for generations. And at that it crosses party lines.


Yeah, it's all Trudeau's fault...

Not the fault of your own backwards, moronic, not able to adapt redneck MP's you want to send to Ottawa...

Nope, it's ALL on Trudeau.



Sad thing is, the parties are worse NOW than they were before the last election. There STILL isn't a decent person leading any party that is worthy to lead Canada and Trudeau is a moron who has only a very few positives (I do appreciate and approve of how he's handled Covid and the US for the most part).

Gods help us if there is an election at any point. It's either we end up with Trudeau for longer, OR we become Mini-Me USA.
 
Hoid
#11406
From Septembers polling:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...support-420066

Abacus Data poll reveals stable support for Trudeau and Liberals as Parliament returns
The poll, conducted from Sept. 18-21, found 35 percent of respondents would support the Liberals in an election.

Noteworthy numbers: Abacus highlighted the gap in the poll’s findings between the federal government’s approval rating of 46 percent and Liberal support among voters of 35 percent. “It suggests the Liberal vote share has plenty of room to grow and may be underperforming,” said the report that accompanied the survey results. For comparison, the report noted the Trudeau government’s approval rating was 36 percent just before the start of last year’s election campaign. Trudeau’s Liberals ended up attracting 34 percent of the popular vote.


The numbers are sobering (or should be) for the opposition.

Their best hope is for a massive public tragedy.

I know they are all-in on causing one.
 
petros
#11407
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yippee! I hear the cemeteries are too, hiring grave diggers!

Why?
 
JLM
#11408
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why?


To bury the dead?
 
Girth
#11409
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

TurdOWE is much more decisive than Trump could ever hope to be. He has managed to single-handedly make WEXIT a viable force because of his hatred of the west. All Trump has managed to do is piss off a few people that have been sucking on the public tit for generations. And at that it crosses party lines.

Nobody in Alberta takes WEXIT seriously.
 
JLM
#11410
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Nobody in Alberta takes WEXIT seriously.


Wouldn't work very well anyway. Eventually they will be looking for coffee, pineapples, bananas!
 
petros
+1
#11411
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Nobody in Alberta takes WEXIT seriously.

Are they calling it wexit?? In SK they became the Buffalo Party and are running candidates in the Provincial election in Oct.
 
Decapoda
+3
#11412
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Abacus Data poll reveals stable support for Trudeau and Liberals as Parliament returns
The poll, conducted from Sept. 18-21, found 35 percent of respondents would support the Liberals in an election.

There hasn't been much in the way of meaningful polling on western alienation sentiment in the last 9 months for obvious reasons, however I suspect if Trudeau continues his insidious divide and conquer strategy, focusing effort and support on the East and poking his finger in the eye of the West, you'll likely see the Western provinces actively explore possible new options that would be more friendly and functional to their requirements than the current defective dysfunctional model of confederation.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

“It suggests the Liberal vote share has plenty of room to grow and may be underperforming,” said the report that accompanied the survey results.

The level of understatement in that comment is hilarious, and exposes the complete mindless ineptitude of whoever penned the report.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Their best hope is for a massive public tragedy.

Well, a massive public "crisis" definitely worked very well for Skippy the banana stuffer. If any political party wishes to find out how to exploit the shit out of fear, crisis, and societal destruction, they need look no further than our Liberal government for a flawless blueprint. They have definitely demonstrated their incredible talent in shameless and aggressive exploitation of people's fear.
 
Blackleaf
#11413


Trust Gone! OMG Lockdown TOP Gov Advisor £5M INVESTOR In Vaccine Company

Sir Patrick Vallance, the chief scientific adviser, has already cashed in more than £5 million worth of shares he received from GSK during his tenure from 2012 until March 2018. How can this man be impartial???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbwCKQXM42E
 
taxslave
+1
#11414
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

From Septembers polling:
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...support-420066
Abacus Data poll reveals stable support for Trudeau and Liberals as Parliament returns
The poll, conducted from Sept. 18-21, found 35 percent of respondents would support the Liberals in an election.
Noteworthy numbers: Abacus highlighted the gap in the poll’s findings between the federal government’s approval rating of 46 percent and Liberal support among voters of 35 percent. “It suggests the Liberal vote share has plenty of room to grow and may be underperforming,” said the report that accompanied the survey results. For comparison, the report noted the Trudeau government’s approval rating was 36 percent just before the start of last year’s election campaign. Trudeau’s Liberals ended up attracting 34 percent of the popular vote.
The numbers are sobering (or should be) for the opposition.
Their best hope is for a massive public tragedy.
I know they are all-in on causing one.

turdOWE and co. is a massive public tragedy. Unless you favour politicians that steal from future generations to stoke their own ego today.
 
Ocean Breeze
+1
#11415
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

turdOWE and co. is a massive public tragedy. Unless you favour politicians that steal from future generations to stoke their own ego today.

Partisan politics aside........How do YOU think all this should have been handled?? ( the Pandemic/ economy etc)
 
Serryah
+1
#11416
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post



Trust Gone! OMG Lockdown TOP Gov Advisor £5M INVESTOR In Vaccine Company

Sir Patrick Vallance, the chief scientific adviser, has already cashed in more than £5 million worth of shares he received from GSK during his tenure from 2012 until March 2018. How can this man be impartial???

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbwCKQXM42E




Blackie tryhard is trying to make his British politics matter somehow.
 
Blackleaf
#11417


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DPVVSuG1yjU&t=19s
 
petros
#11418
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post


Trust Gone! OMG Lockdown TOP Gov Advisor £5M INVESTOR In Vaccine Company
Sir Patrick Vallance, the chief scientific adviser, has already cashed in more than £5 million worth of shares he received from GSK during his tenure from 2012 until March 2018. How can this man be impartial???
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbwCKQXM42E

Maybe he invested in the toothpaste division of GSK?
 
Blackleaf
#11419
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Maybe he invested in the toothpaste division of GSK?

That probably doesn't matter. He's still set to make a sh*tload.

Revealed, people, is the REAL reason why we're in a lockdown.
 
Blackleaf
#11420


British pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline, based in Brentford, London, has been selected to provide the United States with 100 million doses of Covid vaccine.
*****

Sir Patrick Vallance, the UK's Chief Scientific Adviser, who leads the Government’s expert panel on vaccines, holds 43,111 shares in GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) from his time as president of the drugs company.

According to the Telegraph, accounts show Sir Patrick held 404,201 shares when he resigned in 2018 – worth £6.1 million at today’s price. He has already sold more than £5 million in shares he received during his six-year tenure with the company.

GSK is one of over 20 pharmaceutical firms around the world racing to provide a vaccine for coronavirus. The manufacturer has deals with the British and US governments to supply them with jabs, subject to terms in a final contract.

Insisting that Sir Patrick should have declared his stake in the company, a senior Conservative MP and ex-Cabinet minister told The Telegraph: ‘If he is making decisions on vaccines and advising the Government on them, then he either needs to divest himself of the shares or make a declaration every time he touches on the subject.

‘In the Commons, every time MPs raise an issue in which there is a registered interest, they have to declare it. Every time he is talking about vaccines or on TV, he should put it on the table.’

It is unclear whether Vallance has declared his interest at any stage. Health Secretary Matt Hancock has denied that Sir Patrick’s shares in GSK present a conflict of interest.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...-13321944/amp/
 
JLM
+1
#11421
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post



British pharmaceutical giant GlaxoSmithKline, based in Brentford, London, has been selected to provide the United States with 100 million doses of Covid vaccine.
*****

Sir Patrick Vallance, the UK's Chief Scientific Adviser, who leads the Government’s expert panel on vaccines, holds 43,111 shares in GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) from his time as president of the drugs company.

According to the Telegraph, accounts show Sir Patrick held 404,201 shares when he resigned in 2018 – worth £6.1 million at today’s price. He has already sold more than £5 million in shares he received during his six-year tenure with the company.

GSK is one of over 20 pharmaceutical firms around the world racing to provide a vaccine for coronavirus. The manufacturer has deals with the British and US governments to supply them with jabs, subject to terms in a final contract.

Insisting that Sir Patrick should have declared his stake in the company, a senior Conservative MP and ex-Cabinet minister told The Telegraph: ‘If he is making decisions on vaccines and advising the Government on them, then he either needs to divest himself of the shares or make a declaration every time he touches on the subject.

‘In the Commons, every time MPs raise an issue in which there is a registered interest, they have to declare it. Every time he is talking about vaccines or on TV, he should put it on the table.’

It is unclear whether Vallance has declared his interest at any stage. Health Secretary Matt Hancock has denied that Sir Patrick’s shares in GSK present a conflict of interest.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.c...-13321944/amp/


When was the Covid vaccine proved to be safe and effective?
 
B00Mer
+1
#11422
 
Blackleaf
+1
#11423
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

When was the Covid vaccine proved to be safe and effective?

Sanofi and GSK announce today the start of the Phase 1/2 clinical trial for their adjuvanted COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine candidate, developed in partnership by Sanofi and GSK, uses the same recombinant protein-based technology as one of Sanofi’s seasonal influenza vaccines with GSK’s established pandemic adjuvant technology.

The Phase 1/2 clinical trial is a randomised, double blind and placebo-controlled trial designed to evaluate the safety, reactogenicity (tolerability) and immunogenicity (immune response) of the COVID-19 vaccine candidate. A total of 440 healthy adults are being enrolled in the trial across 11 investigational sites in the United States.

The Companies anticipate first results in early December 2020, to support the initiation of a Phase 3 trial in December 2020. If these data are sufficient for licensure application, it is planned to request regulatory approval in the first half of 2021.


https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/media/pres...ine-candidate/
 
Hoid
#11424
Best case scenario would be a billion doses of vaccine by the end of 2021.

That leaves 6.8 billion people waiting in line. (actually more than that because the wealthy will hoard )
 
Blackleaf
#11425
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Best case scenario would be a billion doses of vaccine by the end of 2021.
That leaves 6.8 billion people waiting in line. (actually more than that because the wealthy will hoard )

Well out of almost 8 billion people, less than 1 million have (supposedly) died. 0.0125% of the world's population has (supposedly) died from Covid. We don't need to vaccinate every human.
 
taxslave
-1
#11426
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Nobody in Alberta takes WEXIT seriously.

You should try talking to Albertans that work for a living instead of swallowing whatever garbage turdOWE puts out for the gullible. It would appear they do not agree with you.
 
Ocean Breeze
#11427
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Well out of almost 8 billion people, less than 1 million have (supposedly) died. 0.0125% of the world's population has (supposedly) died from Covid. We don't need to vaccinate every human.

Who should be excluded, in your opinion??
 
taxslave
-1
#11428
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Partisan politics aside........How do YOU think all this should have been handled?? ( the Pandemic/ economy etc)

ALL international flights should have been cancelled about a month or more earlier when we first heard if it. One of Trumps smarter moves. Locking down the whole country was totally unnecessary if the above had been dome. Almost all construction carried on with very few getting sick which proves this. Parliament should have stayed at least partly open and had meetings via video conferencing.
Our stockpile of PPE should never have been sold without replacements being purchased. This was truly criminal incompetence.
I would not have appointed anyone with such close connections to the WHO as chief health officer in charge of this. There are qualified people around that do not carry that odour.
A much more measured approach to handing out money to those affected by layoffs could have been done through existing programs, which would have cut costs and lessened the amount of fraud. Currently the government doesn't even know how many people got CERB fraudulently. Certainly no borrowed money should be given to foreign countries during this time.
 
taxslave
-1
#11429
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Who should be excluded, in your opinion??

All of us that do not want to be for starters.
 
Girth
#11430
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

You should try talking to Albertans that work for a living instead of swallowing whatever garbage turdOWE puts out for the gullible. It would appear they do not agree with you.

You collect welfare, so I would prefer to talk with someone who works for a living. Breaking off from Canada has literally zero support in ALberta. Have you even been in Alberta in the past decade?

Or are you a complete moron?
Last edited by Girth; 4 weeks ago at 06:35 PM..
 

Similar Threads

9
The growing pandemic of political speak
by mentalfloss | Apr 26th, 2014
18
Pandemic Toronto, Ground Zero
by Liberalman | Jun 24th, 2009
60
Pandemic: Coming soon to a body near you.
by Haggis McBagpipe | Nov 25th, 2004