BBC Canada but no CBC France/Russia

dumpthemonarchy
There is BBC Canada/America and the BBC is on TV in Korea too. So, why isn't the CBC on TV around the world? English is the big language and people around the world love Canada's scenery.

In this age of electronic globalization, why can't we get TV from other countries?

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchy View Post

There is BBC Canada/America and the BBC is on TV in Korea too. So, why isn't the CBC on TV around the world? English is the big language and people around the world love Canada's scenery.

In this age of electronic globalization, why can't we get TV from other countries?

Two reasons, Canada never had an empire and no one would watch.

Praxius

Supply and demand. If there is no demand for CBC or CTV outside of Canada, then why bother wasting the money on it?

dumpthemonarchy
Contrary to the above users ignorance and negative Canadian attitudes, there used to be Newsworld International, check it out at

://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsworld_International

CDNBear

Contrary to the above users ignorance and negative Canadian attitudes, there used to be Newsworld International, check it out at

Ya...check it out... Newsworld International (NWI) had a lack luster audience and was bought out by Gore a Hyatt to beam propaganda crap straight at the next generation of bottom feeders.

EastSideScotian
CBC has a hard enough time getting viewed in Canada. Though I love CBC.

Blackleaf
Can you imagine the French adopting something Anglo-Saxon?

EastSideScotian
Well I donno if your aware of this Blackleaf, but, Canada has a large french Population...I dont see France taking on a CBC as crazy as Russia doing it.

DurkaDurka

That was a news channel, nothing to compare with the BBC which exports a multitude of programming besides news.

Hockey Night in Canada and the Trailer Park Boys are the only valuable assets which an export audience would be interested in.

Praxius
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

That was a news channel, nothing to compare with the BBC which exports a multitude of programming besides news.

Hockey Night in Canada and the Trailer Park Boys are the only valuable assets which an export audience would be interested in.

Trailer Park Boys, yes.... Hockey Night in Canada? No....

If people outside of Canada want to watch hockey, they'd rather watch the US stations.... with their glowing pucks on the screen and litte animated characters beating each other up on screen after every goal and what not. Apparently the puck is too hard for some people to follow.

MikeyDB
Why would anyone want to inflict Don Mumbles and Henry Chump on anyone?

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

Trailer Park Boys, yes.... Hockey Night in Canada? No....

If people outside of Canada want to watch hockey, they'd rather watch the US stations.... with their glowing pucks on the screen and litte animated characters beating each other up on screen after every goal and what not. Apparently the puck is too hard for some people to follow.

I think Fox dumped the "glow puck" a few years back.

I tried watching one of the games they televised, it was a farce lol