Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal by July 1, 2018

Murphy
Conservative
I suppose that's happening because recreational cannabis is still illegal to sell.

Decapoda
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

The man is a f**king idiot anyway. He just pulled the July 1, 2018 out of his head w/o checking with anyone involved in it to see if all the necessary preliminary work could be done by then.

It's looking increasingly doubtful that pot legalization is going to be brought out before the end of next year, maybe longer if the powers that be have their way. this is what happens when Justin mindlessly opens his mouth and makes big bold announcements with no plan or any facts, then shrinks back into the shadows and declares that it's up to everyone else to figure out the details as he has a persistent habit of doing. Just not ready...still...

Marijuana Legalization Timeline Under Pressure As Senate Conservatives Balk

Expedient marijuana legalization roll-out may not happen this summer, if Senate Conservatives get their way. A proposed law covering cannabis impaired driving rules has been delayed for at least two months in Parliament, with Conservatives arguing legalization should be postponed until year’s end. If enacted, that would throw a soaking wet quilt on the cannabis sector—if only in the short-term.

The sticking point appears to be Bill C-46. If you recall, the Liberal government introduced the aforementioned Bill at the same time it introduced Bill C-45—the legislation which would legalize the sale of cannabis in Canada. Bill C-46 was introduced to quell inadequate legal frameworks surrounding cannabis-induced impaired driving. Despite months of review and dozens of expert witness consultation, the Senate apparently requires more time. “We will go at C-46 with more hearings in May… with the intention of sending the legislation to the Senate for a third reading in June”, according to vice-president of the steering committee, Pierre-Hugues Boisvenu.

Quebec calls for one-year delay on legal marijuana

A motion introduced by the Coalition Avenir Quebec and supported by the Liberals and the PQ called for the date of legalization to be moved to July 1, 2019.

“We're asking for a delay of one year. Right now, we're not ready. We're not ready for such an important change in our society,” said CAQ leader Francois Legault.

Canada Marijuana Legalization: Police Services Ask Feds To Postpone July 2018 Start Date

Canada's police services say there is zero chance they will be ready to enforce new laws for legalized pot by next summer.

If the government doesn't postpone the start date there will be a window of six months to a year when police aren't fully ready, which will allow organized crime to flourish, said OPP deputy commissioner for investigations and organized crime Rick Barnum.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
It's coming folks. Get used to it.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+1
I'm soooo looking forward to July 2018

Corduroy
+2
Ruins my Canada Day plans. Guess I'll just have to drink.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Ruins my Canada Day plans. Guess I'll just have to drink.

You live on the West coast and think you'll have any issues with finding some weed?

... You really need to get out a bit more

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

... and a multitude of other idiots who shouldn't be driving in the first place.

Like seniors

petros
The cops won't be ready for a year? Perfect. I'll recover my standing water losses by growing weed on the mighty slough shores.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

LOL It really was a dumb law.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

LOL It really was a dumb law.

i would suggest that the faux pas occurred when trudeau made a public statement announcing a hard date.

... Gotta be prepared to follow through if yer gonna call yer shots

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3

i would suggest that the faux pas occurred when trudeau made a public statement announcing a hard date.

... Gotta be prepared to follow through if yer gonna call yer shots

Kicking this dumb law to the curb is about the only thing this nitwit is getting right. The revenue stream will be good for Canada, but not enough to save us from all his other spending shenanigans.

petros
Investors have dropped 100s of millions into July first.

They are already in full production growing weed to be ready for July 1st.

Anything later will cause big layoffs and shut downs.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

It already is in place.

Pot shops were popping up like crazy. In Regina the Police gave the 17 medical stores running to Feb 1st to close.

Most have, some haven't.

Not in B.C. apparently. They need a test that will give a numerical reading as to how stoned. Just being stoned isn't good enough.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Kicking this dumb law to the curb is about the only thing this nitwit is getting right. The revenue stream will be good for Canada, but not enough to save us from all his other spending shenanigans.

Decriminalization was a threat so they took the control road as tyrants tend to take.

Not in B.C. apparently. They need a test that will give a numerical reading as to how stoned. Just being stoned isn't good enough.

There are roadside tests in place already.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Like seniors

Why don't you just STFU and give us the blow by blow account of the sticky gear shift incident. A lot of the Newbies on here probably haven't heard it and it would be better if you related it to them than if I do.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

Decriminalization was a threat so they took the control road as tyrants tend to take.

Meh, that's a little over the top. Decriminalization may be good for the end user but it's f*cking fantastic for those criminal enterprises who control the vast bulk of it's production and sale. In the end, decriminalization for simple possession probably does more harm than good.
The last time the Liberals wussed out on legalization and went the decrim route instead, the price of weed took a pretty hefty jump.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

Why don't you just STFU...

No. Road safety is too important.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

the price of weed took a pretty hefty jump.

I wouldn't know about that. I'm not a stoner

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I wouldn't know about that. I'm not a stoner

No, I wouldn't think you need another incapacitation besides the one you were born with!

Murphy
Conservative
+1
Don't pay him any mind, JLM. He craves attention.

Corduroy
+1

You live on the West coast and think you'll have any issues with finding some weed?

... You really need to get out a bit more

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

No, I wouldn't think you need another incapacitation besides the one you were born with!

Not being able to fly does have its drawbacks.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Not being able to fly does have its drawbacks.

Just try to concentrate on the Saga of the Sticky gear shift!

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

Just try to concentrate on the Saga of the Sticky gear shift!

That's your job

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Canabis is a human right and you will not legislate it in any way , go **** yourselves, in the end we will win and you will die. Potatoes you can control, cannibis will control you though, it,s a very powerful plant and you ain,t, powerfull, stuff your pharmaseuticals, you license them, we remember, change your mind, or that plant will change it for you, green meds, I want none of your junk potions.

Mowich
Conservative
+2

Nothing will change out here in the boonies, Cap. We'll still visit our neighbors for a sample or two of the latest crop just as we've been doing for decades now. It is very reassuring to know your grower, be able to visit their grow-up and know that the product you are partaking of is untainted by some of the substances that find their way into pot in the cities. I also suspect the quality of product under government control may prove to be somewhat less than what is available locally.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Nothing will change out here in the boonies, Cap. We'll still visit our neighbors for a sample or two of the latest crop just as we've been doing for decades now. It is very reassuring to know your grower, be able to visit their grow-up and know that the product you are partaking of is untainted by some of the substances that find their way into pot in the cities. I also suspect the quality of product under government control may prove to be somewhat less than what is available locally.

The government sanctioned pot will more than likely be Monsanto Frankenpot and laced with Roundup and who knows what else.

Murphy
Conservative
No, it won't. You're such an idiot.

The government does not kill off the people that pay them taxes. But people like you, who are a financial drain, are fair game. Watch for the black choppers over Nakusp, Cliffy.

Mowich
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Pot consumers paying less than $7 a gram, Statistics Canada survey finds

Cannabis is cheapest in Quebec and most expensive in Northwest Territories

$10 a gram? Plus Taxes?

These idiots are actually going to take up drug dealing.......and lose money.

They most certainly are, Colpy. Though those figures for a gram don't hold up here in my neck of the woods where an ounce goes at the low end for $100, at the high for $150 and they are good ounces. I suspect the same applies to many rural areas in the country. Would not be surprised to hear the survey was conducted in urban areas.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The government sanctioned pot will more than likely be Monsanto Frankenpot and laced with Roundup and who knows what else.

Well I doubt they would go that far, Cliffy. I simply don't believe the high from government pot will match that of local product. But that could be my natural distrust of this government.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1

Like seniors

Ignorant Asshole!

Investors have dropped 100s of millions into July first.

They are already in full production growing weed to be ready for July 1st.

Anything later will cause big layoffs and shut downs.

Pretty Boy better go and hide!

darkbeaver
Republican
I don,t need no fukkihn license to grow very good cannibis, you all can go fuk yourselves

When were liberals sanctified as leagle?

All Liberals shoud be