Google's expansion plans show why Canada's tech boom is here to stay

B00Mer
+1
Google's expansion plans show why Canada's tech boom is here to stay

A decade ago, Canada's tech industry was worried about extinction ó now it's Silicon Valley North

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/goo...ysis-1.5455122

taxslave
All about who offers the best tax deal to the companies. Once we did this with industry and everyone had money. Now we do it with anyone. Movie industry is the worst. Don't pay well and not regular but employs lots of part timers for short periods.

petros
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
Film tax credit is useless. Why am I paying for shitty Hallmark movies filmed in Maple Ditch?

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Film tax credit is useless. Why am I paying for shitty Hallmark movies filmed in Maple Ditch?

Because it is a clean industry if you ignore all the diesel generators and trucks they use.

AnnaE
+1
Oh great. More google propaganda. Like it isn't loaded with annoying and useless ads now.

Girth
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

Oh great. More google propaganda. Like it isn't loaded with annoying and useless ads now.

No, Anna. This is good news. Any time an industry attracts jobs to our great nation, it is cause for celebration.

petros
What's the catch? Canada is a shitty place to invest. How much is this costing us?

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What's the catch? Canada is a shitty place to invest. How much is this costing us?

Free government money one way or another. To live in Vancouver requires at least $30/hr job@ 2 per household. I doubt google will pay anywhere near that.

AnnaE
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

No, Anna. This is good news. Any time an industry attracts jobs to our great nation, it is cause for celebration.

Google would be attracted to a major center like Vancouver. Good luck getting work at Google that will pay well enough to cover rent.

Tecumsehsbones
*lights fuse*

I guess credit for the turnaround goes to Trudeaubama?

*tosses dynamite stick*