‘Inevitable’ 9.0 earthquake, tsunami will hit Canada’s West Coast: expert

B00Mer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2i...ature=emb_logo

The threat of the “big one” hitting Western Canada has been looming for years. Experts say a powerful magnitude 9.0 earthquake could rip through the Pacific Coast, killings thousands and causing tsunami waves up to 20 metres high.

Well fukk, there goes my vacation plans for next month, just hope Trudeau catches a wave.

B00Mer
+1

Just stay there and wait for the BIG One..

pgs
+1
Yes it could happen . More doom and gloom .

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yes it could happen . More doom and gloom .

Some would say a Trump or Trudeau thread is doom and gloom, just trying to shift gears a bit.

pgs
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Some would say a Trump or Trudeau thread is doom and gloom, just trying to shift gears a bit.

Well I have been warned an earthquake is imminent my whole life , and other then a few tremors ,am still waiting . Mount St. Helens provided more of a shake then any tremors I have felt .

Twin_Moose
+3
#6  Top Rated Post
Better hurry and get TMX and the Gaslink completed before it costs us a hell of a lot more

Walter
+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2i...ature=emb_logo

The threat of the “big one” hitting Western Canada has been looming for years. Experts say a powerful magnitude 9.0 earthquake could rip through the Pacific Coast, killings thousands and causing tsunami waves up to 20 metres high.
Well fukk, there goes my vacation plans for next month, just hope Trudeau catches a wave.

That’s nice.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

That’s nice.

... a condo and house might me more affordable

petros
+3
It would be the best thing to ever happen to Vancouver.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Why would you think that??

taxslave
+1

Well I have been warned an earthquake is imminent my whole life , and other then a few tremors ,am still waiting . Mount St. Helens provided more of a shake then any tremors I have felt .

Me too. Every couple of years they drag this old bone out to scare everyone into buying a bunch more emergency supplies and make building more expensive.. The worst we ever had was in the 60s when part of Pt Alberni got washed.

taxslave
+3

Ethnic cleansing.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Me too. Every couple of years they drag this old bone out to scare everyone into buying a bunch more emergency supplies and make building more expensive.. The worst we ever had was in the 60s when part of Pt Alberni got washed.

But that earthquake happened in Alaska , and Port got creamed by the tsunami.

captain morgan
+1

A Tsunami Tax to combat man-made Tusanamis is completely in order

That was Global Warming and had we a carbon tax at the time, Port Alberni would have been spared

Mowich
+2

Was snarkily thinking along the same lines, pete. No great loss to the ROP. Once it happens, we in the Interior can make a good claim for moving the legislature to Kamloops - where it should have been all along - rightly citing the fact that the coast isn't the safest place for our seat of government.

I would feel bad for those poor right-thinking souls marooned among the sea of lefties who will be adversely affected.

Mowich
+1

Because it's true?

petros
+1

Why wouldn't I think that? Its a shithole.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

I would feel bad for those poor right-thinking souls marooned among the sea of lefties who will be adversely affected.

They're on high ground in Coquitlam and the North Shore
Last edited by petros; 4 days ago at 01:27 AM..

pgs

They're on high ground in Coquitlam and the North Shore

Clayton Heights will be spared .

taxslave
+2

Apparently a good wave requires lots of distance to build, so a shaker close to the coast probably won't cause a lot of flooding and one in the gulf doesn't have the distance to build a good wave. Could liquefy the mus flats Richmond is built on.

pgs
+2

Apparently a good wave requires lots of distance to build, so a shaker close to the coast probably won't cause a lot of flooding and one in the gulf doesn't have the distance to build a good wave. Could liquefy the mus flats Richmond is built on.

I moved from there . I think we probably have greater danger from Mount Baker blowing her top . She is about due .

petros
+2

Clayton Heights will be spared .

But its Surrey and will rapidly break down into gun violence.

petros
+1

I moved from there . I think we probably have greater danger from Mount Baker blowing her top . She is about due .

Not quite. Its active and it might kick during a bad dream now and again but its fast asleep.

petros

It hinges on the Juan d Fuca plate. If it teeters all Hell breaks loose.

pgs
+1

But its Surrey and will rapidly break down into gun violence.

Yes I am surrounded.

pgs

Not quite. Its active and it might kick during a bad dream now and again but its fast asleep.

Usually blows every 350 to 500 years according to so called experts .

B00Mer
+1

Sorta like Mount St. Helens, what a blast.

pgs

Sorta like Mount St. Helens, what a blast.

It was very loud , where I was . You could feel the concussion.

taxslave
+3
If the plates shift I hope Vancouver Island moves farther away from the mainland.

B00Mer
+1

If the plates shift I hope Vancouver Island moves farther away from the mainland.

... and 300 miles south