🍁 Freedom of Speech is under attack in Canada 🍁


B00Mer
+2
#1
Starting to censor internet news
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...ed-power-grab/
 
B00Mer
+5
#2  Top Rated Post
Basically attacking the Rebel News, True North News and other conservative online news outlets saying they must register.
 
B00Mer
#3
https://tnc.news/2020/01/30/corporat...-bilingualism/
 
taxslave
+3
#4
Basically anything the Liberal Party doesn't approve before hand is up for being deleted.
 
Girth
+2
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Basically attacking the Rebel News, True North News and other conservative online news outlets saying they must register.

I've noticed MSM does not report on certain issues, even though it is in the public best interest. Only Rebel news and thepostmilennial were reporting on the facts about the Jessica Yaniv case, Morgane Oger, and Rachel McKinnon. All three are claiming to be "transgender" when in fact, all three seem to be heterosexual. Additionally, the MSM seems so afraid of reporting facts, as it is not politically correct to do so.

Yaniv is attacking small businesses run by recent immigrants for not waxing his balls, and has been trying to lure underage girls into explicit chat and pics.

Oger is the former VP of the BC NDP. This person is getting rape crisis centres defunded, trying to attack and label anyone who goes against their ideas as "TERFS" and uses language that would be indistinguishable from Nazi Germany.

McKinnon is the worst of all. This person is racing in woman's sporting events, intimidating women who are political opponents, celebrating the death of political opponents, and at the same times is employed in a University campus as a professor.

Let's not forget the Syrian Antifa family last fall. Their son has had multiple run-ins with police. He blocked an elderly women from crossing the sidewalk, without charges being laid, and has been violent in the post. Once doxxed, his family claimed to be shutting down their restaurant, due to "threats" which were never proven. The community rallied around them, and they ended up making a big profit, after closing for a few days. The CBC and other portrayed them as victims, when only alternative news like the Rebel gave the facts. In fact, most on social media were critical of the Syrian immigrant family.
 
Twin_Moose
+2
#6
It goes against diversity is our strength narrative
 
Girth
+3
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

It goes against diversity is our strength narrative

Not sure why, but Lower mainland BC seems to be ground zero, in terms of freaks and sexual deviants throwing on a dress, and exploiting loopholes in the Human Rights codes. Maybe it is something in the drinking water.
 
Girth
+1
#8
UPDATE***


Jessica Yaniv's complaints deferred until $6,000 paid to metro beauty salons


Complaints brought forward by trans activist Jessica Yaniv have been deferred for six months by the B.C. Human Rights Tribunal for her failure to pay costs from previous unsuccessful complaints against three beauty salons.

According to the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms, Yaniv failed to pay $6,000 in costs to beauty salons she accused of discrimination for refusing to wax her genitalia. Yaniv filed the complaints in 2018 and the tribunal dismissed them in 2019.

In October, the Human Rights Tribunal thoroughly dismissed Yaniv’s case, ruling her persistent complaints that female salon workers refused to wax her scrotum were part of a campaign to both enrich herself and punish South Asian people, whom she views as hostile to the rights of transgender people.

In effect, the tribunal found the respondents did not offer scrotum waxing to anyone, so they did not deny Yaniv a service in the first place. It also preferred the respondents’ evidence wherever it conflicted with Yaniv’s, which was “disingenuous and self-serving.”

Yaniv “targeted small businesses, manufactured the conditions for a human rights complaint, and then leveraged that complaint to pursue a financial settlement from parties who were unsophisticated and unlikely to mount a proper defence,” read the ruling.

The ruling orders Yaniv to pay $2,000 to each of the three beauty salons for “improper conduct” including using human rights law as a “weapon” for “extortion.”

On Jan. 7, the Justice Centre says Yaniv has launched a separate complaint, against a salon run by immigrant women who are of the Sikh faith. The salon, She Point Beauty Studio in Surrey says it was approached by Yaniv seeking services in August of last year, like Brazilian bikini waxing and leg waxing.

But due to her refusal to pay the costs from the previous complaints, the tribunal has deferred these new complaints until the costs are paid, or for six months.

According to the Justice Centre, this means Yaniv cannot pursue any complaints during this time, and if the costs aren’t paid after the six months, another deferral can be placed, or the complaints can be dismissed altogether.

https://theprovince.com/news/local-n...box=1580665488
 
Serryah
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

I've noticed MSM does not report on certain issues, even though it is in the public best interest. Only Rebel news and thepostmilennial were reporting on the facts about the Jessica Yaniv case, Morgane Oger, and Rachel McKinnon. All three are claiming to be "transgender" when in fact, all three seem to be heterosexual. Additionally, the MSM seems so afraid of reporting facts, as it is not politically correct to do so.


You say they're heterosexual... why?


Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Yaniv is attacking small businesses run by recent immigrants for not waxing his balls, and has been trying to lure underage girls into explicit chat and pics.


IMO, as someone who supports Trans rights, Yaniv needs to fuk off and stop this BS. She's being a fuking Kunt. Her I've heard of and trans or not, a Kunt is a Kunt, and she's one. There are very real arguments to why she can't have the services she wants and she needs to just suck it up, accept it and find somewhere that does.

As for the second comment - where's this at? An unbiased source, please.


Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Oger is the former VP of the BC NDP. This person is getting rape crisis centres defunded, trying to attack and label anyone who goes against their ideas as "TERFS" and uses language that would be indistinguishable from Nazi Germany.


Hadn't heard of this person but after looking into her I'm a little torn. On the one hand, having stuff published about you that is meant to diminish your worth especially in an election, and something that is not true, isn't right and she has every right to fight back. Calling people TERFS (do you know what that means?) is one thing, accusing people of being a TERF when they may not be is another. The whole VRR issue is important and here IMO Oger is stepping way, way out of line. There were a few ways to handle this without the crap surrounding it.

Which language did she use that Nazi's would use? I'm curious because if this were Nazi Germany, she'd be in a concentration camp or dead right now.




Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

McKinnon is the worst of all. This person is racing in woman's sporting events, intimidating women who are political opponents, celebrating the death of political opponents, and at the same times is employed in a University campus as a professor.


She's a woman, she should race in sporting events for women.


Where did she intimidate a political opponent?

And if you mean her comment about one of the worst SOB's in the US to ever exist whose total existence was to get the US to be what HE envisioned it to be and he had the money to do so... she's allowed to have her opinion on the rotten bastard.

Also, isn't she allowed to be employed?


So you have issues with Trans people? Or is it just Trans women?



As in any group of people, there will be azzholes. Two of the three above fit that category and then some. To me they're examples of trans people who have been shoved so far into the shytter that they think shoving back to be as big, if not bigger, azzholes than the rest of the world in the form of demanding their 'rights' makes them awesome, and it doesn't. It makes getting trans people accepted and trans rights even harder.


Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Let's not forget the Syrian Antifa family last fall. Their son has had multiple run-ins with police. He blocked an elderly women from crossing the sidewalk, without charges being laid, and has been violent in the post. Once doxxed, his family claimed to be shutting down their restaurant, due to "threats" which were never proven. The community rallied around them, and they ended up making a big profit, after closing for a few days. The CBC and other portrayed them as victims, when only alternative news like the Rebel gave the facts. In fact, most on social media were critical of the Syrian immigrant family.


I heard some about this.


The kid was an azzhole for being a bully to the old lady.


That was NO excuse for him to be doxxed.



And as you said - the community rallied around them which is WHY they came back. Their profit? Sure, likely from people appreciating them not staying closed. Their focus was their family, employees and patrons; if something happened, you'd be on them for not giving a shyte.


Just because a son is a fukin' azzhole, doesn't make the entire family one.


PeacebyChocolate. Great Syrian success story too.



Freedom of speech isn't really under attack, it's the belief that you can say whatever you want, and be consequence free of it that is. And I don't care if you're from another place in the world, Trans, gay, straight, Christian, Jewish, Muslim; if you're a fuking azzhole, then you're an azzhole.


And all of this post leads me to believe that you're an azzhole.
 
Girth
+1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

As for the second comment - where's this at? An unbiased source, please.

Google "Morgane Oger" or her social media accounts.

Quote:

Which language did she use that Nazi's would use? I'm curious because if this were Nazi Germany, she'd be in a concentration camp or dead right now.

Find her twitter account, and browse it if you have time.


Quote:

She's a woman, she should race in sporting events for women.

No, Rachel McKinnon is NOT a woman. He threw on a dress and claims to be a woman. Regarding men who identify themselves as "women" by throwing a dress on, they should NOT be allowed to race in women's sport. Scientific facts should always trump political correctness.

Quote:

Where did she intimidate a political opponent?

Follow her social media accounts. Rachel McKinnon is almost certainly mentally ill, and like most transgendered MTF, they seem to have an irrational hatred of biological women, most likely resulting from jealousy.


Quote:

And if you mean her comment about one of the worst SOB's in the US to ever exist whose total existence was to get the US to be what HE envisioned it to be and he had the money to do so... she's allowed to have her opinion on the rotten bastard.

Magdalen Berns is a "rotten bastard?"

Quote:

Also, isn't she allowed to be employed?

Not if her behaviour outside a post-secondary institution damages the reputation of the college, especially bragging about intimidating biological women, and wishing death on her adversaries. Most Universities would ahve suspended or outright terminated McKinnon for this behavior, but she gets a free pass for being transgender.

Quote:

So you have issues with Trans people? Or is it just Trans women?

I ahve no issue with Gay or Lesbian people. However, I do not believe Transgendered individuals deserve any special rights. If they cannot handle going to washrooms, or competing with people of the same biological sex, than don't compete. Life is not fair, and it's time we say NO to these people.


Quote:

I heard some about this.
The kid was an azzhole for being a bully to the old lady.That was NO excuse for him to be doxxed.

Doxxing is fair game when one is three times the size of a senior citizen crossing the street, and uses intimidation to harass them while wearing the mask and concealing one's identity. Don't want to be doxxed? Don't conceal your identity, and don't commit criminal offenses.

Quote:

And as you said - the community rallied around them which is WHY they came back. Their profit? Sure, likely from people appreciating them not staying closed. Their focus was their family, employees and patrons; if something happened, you'd be on them for not giving a shyte.
Just because a son is a fukin' azzhole, doesn't make the entire family one.

The whole family are grifters, who did not even reach out to the elderly lady and apologize. Instead, like many in their region they were born in, they simply play the "victim" card. I checked the reviews a few months ago, and noticed that some people had a negative impression of the establishment, since they were very vocal and outspoken about certain issues in the Middle East (Jews, Zionism, etc). Not a good fit for a restaurant that plasters their restaurant with messages of love and tolerance.

If you want to belong to Canada, don't bring your wars here. Is that so hard to comprehend.

Quote:

And all of this post leads me to believe that you're an azzhole.

Coming from you, that is a compliment. Now bakes me some brownies, toots!
 
Serryah
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Google "Morgane Oger" or her social media accounts.



Find her twitter account, and browse it if you have time.




No, Rachel McKinnon is NOT a woman. He threw on a dress and claims to be a woman. Regarding men who identify themselves as "women" by throwing a dress on, they should NOT be allowed to race in women's sport. Scientific facts should always trump political correctness.



Follow her social media accounts. Rachel McKinnon is almost certainly mentally ill, and like most transgendered MTF, they seem to have an irrational hatred of biological women, most likely resulting from jealousy.




Magdalen Berns is a "rotten bastard?"



Not if her behaviour outside a post-secondary institution damages the reputation of the college, especially bragging about intimidating biological women, and wishing death on her adversaries. Most Universities would ahve suspended or outright terminated McKinnon for this behavior, but she gets a free pass for being transgender.



I ahve no issue with Gay or Lesbian people. However, I do not believe Transgendered individuals deserve any special rights. If they cannot handle going to washrooms, or competing with people of the same biological sex, than don't compete. Life is not fair, and it's time we say NO to these people.




Doxxing is fair game when one is three times the size of a senior citizen crossing the street, and uses intimidation to harass them while wearing the mask and concealing one's identity. Don't want to be doxxed? Don't conceal your identity, and don't commit criminal offenses.



The whole family are grifters, who did not even reach out to the elderly lady and apologize. Instead, like many in their region they were born in, they simply play the "victim" card. I checked the reviews a few months ago, and noticed that some people had a negative impression of the establishment, since they were very vocal and outspoken about certain issues in the Middle East (Jews, Zionism, etc). Not a good fit for a restaurant that plasters their restaurant with messages of love and tolerance.

If you want to belong to Canada, don't bring your wars here. Is that so hard to comprehend.



Coming from you, that is a compliment. Now bakes me some brownies, toots!


And posts like this make me wonder if you're Joshy all over again.


Sorry, not feeling too "Toots" like today
 
Jinentonix
+2
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Not sure why, but Lower mainland BC seems to be ground zero, in terms of freaks and sexual deviants throwing on a dress, and exploiting loopholes in the Human Rights codes. Maybe it is something in the drinking water.

Yeah, all the human effluent BC likes to dump in the waterways.
 
Mowich
+2
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Basically attacking the Rebel News, True North News and other conservative online news outlets saying they must register.

"And yet the panel, formed by the government to advise on modernization of the Broadcasting and Telecommunications Acts, decided – in a breathtaking expansion of scope and bureaucratic hubris – not only to ignore that prosperity, but to rein it in. And it wants this done by redefining broadcasting to “extend beyond audio and audiovisual content to include alphanumeric news content made available to the public by means of telecommunications, collectively known as media content.” And “media content means audio or audiovisual content or alphanumeric news content.”

In other words, if you transmit, for commercial purposes, words, video or voice through the internet, text messages, fax or phone line, you will do so only with permission of a federal agency.

That’s right: After more than a century of non-interference in speech through telecommunications, it is suggested that the state will determine what constitutes news and, when the proposed objectives of the act are included, “trusted” news.

That indicates that the content of virtually every online information entity – magazines, newspapers, subscription newsletters, real estate listings, travel advisories, weather reports, relationship advice, think-tank analyses, craft beer reviews and the latest Ukrainian borscht recipe – may be subject to the stern eye of what assumedly will be thousands of Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commision (CRTC) bureaucrats. (A name change to the Canadian Communications Commission is suggested to reflect its new, omnipotent role.)

But the panel didn’t stop there. It went on to ask that new legislation apply to commercial media originating from outside the country “whether or not they have a place of business in Canada.” Assumedly that means not just Netflix, but The New York Times, The Daily Telegraph, video games and who knows how many sites of an adult “audiovisual” nature may be expected at some point to offer required levels of Canadian content.

Not all will have to be licensed. The panel suggests the CRTC may exempt certain entities from that obligation. But all will be required to register and “contribute in an appropriate manner to the creation, production and discoverability of Canadian media content.”

“Alphanumeric” news sites will not be subject to spending requirements and, while they may qualify for subsidy/tax credits, their “economic relationships” with content providers will be regulated.

Fairness demands noting that the panel made a number of sensible recommendations for which it should be commended. The suggestion that the CBC be weaned off accepting advertising is particularly welcome as is the consolidation of organizations supporting the two-thirds English, one-third French creative funding pools.

Yet, there are no recommendations among the 97 listed regarding safeguarding the independence of the regulator of news from political interference or of improving transparency regarding its decisions.

Consumer issues are generally dealt with through talk of reviews, studies and consultations. Over all, the panel very clearly saw the internet primarily as the new servant of the Canadian-content industry and its roughly 3 per cent of gross domestic product. In doing so, it produced a series of recommendations that displayed a profoundly #okboomer view of modern communications. All this when there was little evidence of a problem that could not have been solved through targeted, direct government funding. But the panel opted instead for making the internet and all of its subscribers pay – with their wallets and their freedom – to support the selfish demands of a small, unsettled segment within an otherwise flourishing and entrepreneurial creative industry.

www.macdonaldlaurier.ca/broadcasting-report-constitutes-stunning-overreach-peter-menzies-globe-mail/
 
petros
+4
#14
They've dropped the whole thing.

Testing the waters and found the water too cold.
 
spilledthebeer
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Basically attacking the Rebel News, True North News and other conservative online news outlets saying they must register.


Oh its worse than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals are lashing out in multiple directions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


For instance they are trying to ban some Cdn group for suggesting that Cdn aid money


is being WASTED in Afghanistan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals dump our aid money into the same pool of NGO and charitable types as Yankees do........................


and Yankee investigators have determined that ONE THIRD of the aid money is being stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thus the Cdn group suggests that one third of Cdn aid money is being stolen..................


by the same people - working on the same projects - who are stealing Yankee aid money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals want the complainants BANNED from the internet for spreading FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Because - as LIE-berals point out - there is no evidence Cdn aid money is being stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And there IS NO EVIDENCE of Cdn aid money being stolen..........................


because LIE-berals FLAT OUT REFUSE TO LOOK FOR EVIDENCE OF THEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals refuse to look at where the money goes and thus there is NO EVIDENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is what passes for fighting Fake News among LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



This is what passes for free speech and democracy among LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Similar Threads

139
Freedom of Speech
by Colpy | Jan 26th, 2015
21
Freedom of Speech
by Tecumsehsbones | Jan 17th, 2015
5
What is Freedom of Speech?
by I think not | Jan 22nd, 2006