Re Canadians in Wuhan

Hoid
+1
I'm no immunologist but here's an idea: how about all the Canadians in Wuhan maybe just stay there until we find out if the entire human race is going to be wiped out by some super bug.

Jinentonix
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

I'm no immunologist but here's an idea: how about all the Canadians in Wuhan maybe just stay there until we find out if the entire human race is going to be wiped out by some super bug.

They are, or have you not been paying attention. Wuhan has been closed off with a cordon sanitaire. No one gets in or out.
What the Canadian govt should do is temporarily ban travel to and from China.

Hoid
Then only the criminals would travel

Twin_Moose
+3
Air Canada suspends all direct flights to China as coronavirus spreads

Quebec considers evacuating citizens from China amid coronavirus outbreak

Quebec made an announcement so Ottawa better snap to action

Canada preparing plane to fly Canadians from Wuhan, once China gives OK

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Air Canada suspends all direct flights to China as coronavirus spreads
Quebec considers evacuating citizens from China amid coronavirus outbreak
Quebec made an announcement so Ottawa better snap to action
Canada preparing plane to fly Canadians from Wuhan, once China gives OK

That is really smart.NOT. Bring all the infected ones here so we can share the loss. Fukk in globalist.

Twin_Moose
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That is really smart.NOT. Bring all the infected ones here so we can share the loss. Fukk in globalist.

I agree go there and set up a temporary medical unit for Canadians and bring them home once they are cleared

Mowich
+5
#7  Top Rated Post
The Dow dropped 600 points today due to the Coronavirus outbreak. This is serious shit happening. It's going to really adversely affect global travel and trade. Sure hope the immunologists gets handle on this soon.

Blackleaf
A guy I used to know liked the Wuhan Clan. I've never liked them, though. Not my type of music.

IdRatherBeSkiing
This is no more virulent than influenza which is currently running unfettered in all 50 states and all 10 provinces. Just doesn't have a sexy name. This is a lot of hype about nothing. But go ahead and carry on panicking over nothing.

BTW: if you see someone with a mask on, feel free to laugh at them. They are ineffective against this virus and even if they were they expose the eyes which is a prime contagion point.

Hoid3
14,000 confirmed cases, 304 dead.

btw that is a mortality rate very much in line with influenza.

Blackleaf
+2
Hoid 3: The Return of the Killer Hoid

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid3 View Post

What is the population of China?

Blackleaf
According to the NHS, you need to be within 6 feet of someone with the illness for at least 15 minutes before you can catch it, and then there is a 2% chance (in Britain, at least) that you will die from it.

Let the Left scaremonger (they are wrong about almost everything) but just Keep Calm and Carry On.

It's basically not much more than the common cold.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid3 View Post

It's 2% of all the cases resulting in deaths: 304 out of 14,000 (do the maths if you don't believe me).

So nothing much to worry about then.

Stop scaremongering, liberal.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will go about out daily lives as normal, this will be forgotten about in a month and you will look like a right tit.

Torch light

It is a must to prevent anyone going to or coming out of China, especially this infected town.. until the situation of the disease is stopped.
While some cases reported in many countries: they said they contacted some persons coming from China.

Dixie Cup
+2
I don't know if we need to be "scared" of this virus as most of the people who died were already medically compromised. But we'll just have to wait and see what happens. For now, I'll simply continue on with my life as I did before this whole thing happened. I mean, what else does one do?

Torch light
No need to be scared.. I think it is only an ordinary Influenza .. maybe some stronger strain .. then when the weather gets warmer, it may disappear .. but the health authorities cannot bear the responsibility and they fear if things get worse, they may be taken to account. God is the All-Knowing.

Hoid
It isn't influenza its a coronavirus

The main thing people should not do is believe anything they hear about it on the internet (here)

Health Canada will let everyone know what they need to know

Torch light

The main thing people should not do is believe anything they hear about it on the internet (here)

Of course Health Canada and Health World .. all of them are doing their duty; but if you imagine the situation.
I remember there was an epidemic: the Cholera epidemic in Iraq, which was efficiently combated and conquered: every case of diarrhea was considered Cholera until proved otherwise.

So in this situation of the Corona-virus: when such symptoms appear they will be considered Corona-virus until proved otherwise .. which is a correct health work.

petros
+1
Bleach wont fix this.

petros
+1

petros
+1

You trust Hell Canada?

B00Mer
+2

I agree, but we send you there to reassure then of Canada's decision

Decapoda
+2
A 28-year-old Vaughan man who falsely claimed he had coronavirus, causing a Toronto-to-Jamaica WestJet flight to return to the airport, says he just wanted to have a video go viral.

“Well, I had my camera with me. I was looking to get a viral video. I was looking to get it up on all the social media platforms,” James Potok told Global News on Tuesday.

Man who made fake coronavirus claim causing flight to turn around wanted to make a viral video

Instead of sending an empty plane to China to pick up stranded Canadians, this guy should be on it, sent over and swapped out for someone wanting to come back. Or at very least, it would make sense to quarantine this moron for at least a couple of weeks in solitary confinement just to make sure he wasn't serious, before hauling him to court to face his charges.

Torch light

It isn't influenza its a coronavirus.

The symptoms of Coronavirus are like the symptoms of the influenza.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

...and I pray to God you catch it and die.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Torch light View Post

yes they are

NZDoug
Confuscus say "When China sneeze, rest of the world cough".

Jinentonix
+2

Then only the criminals would travel

Only if the govt was stupid enough to give them passports in the first place. Oh wait, we're talking Groper here.

Twin_Moose
+1
Plane carrying Canadians who left China amid coronavirus outbreak lands at CFB Trenton