9/11 conspirator found eligible for death penalty

Hank C
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...040300870.html

Moussaoui Found Eligible for Death Penalty

A federal jury found Sept. 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui eligible for the death penalty yesterday and will now decide whether he should die for his role in the deadliest terrorist strike in U.S. history.

After 17 hours of deliberation over four days, the jury concluded that Moussaoui's lies to federal agents in August 2001 allowed the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon to go forward. The verdict in U.S. District Court in Alexandria sends Moussaoui's death penalty trial to a second phase, in which prosecutors will argue that he should be executed while defense attorneys try to spare his life.

Outside the courthouse, Rosemary Dillard, whose husband died on the plane that hit the Pentagon, said Zacarias Moussaoui deserves to die.

zoofer
Four days?

I would have taken 2 minutes.

FiveParadox
Liberal
zoofer , then you obviously would not have been considering the law and facts, but rather your emotions in the situation; such would not be a wise method to deliberate on matters such as these, in my opinion (whether or not I agree with the decision in this case).

zoofer
He confessed.

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by Hank C

A federal jury found Sept. 11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui eligible for the death penalty yesterday and will now decide whether he should die for his role in the deadliest terrorist strike in U.S. history.

After 17 hours of deliberation over four days, the jury concluded that Moussaoui's lies to federal agents in August 2001 allowed the attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon to go forward. The verdict in U.S. District Court in Alexandria sends Moussaoui's death penalty trial to a second phase, in which prosecutors will argue that he should be executed while defense attorneys try to spare his life.

Outside the courthouse, Rosemary Dillard, whose husband died on the plane that hit the Pentagon, said Zacarias Moussaoui deserves to die.

Totally ridicoulus, the guy has denied the involvement for 3 years, and now he says he was part of the plan, this is totally pathetic.

Doryman
Quote: Originally Posted by aeon

Totally ridicoulus, the guy has denied the involvement for 3 years, and now he says he was part of the plan, this is totally pathetic.

I agree, any criminal that says he didn't commit the crime when first asked should be let go....

Moussaoui confessed. He's going to fry.

Jay
Lets paint one of these on him.

Curiosity
Moussaoui is getting off on this trial.....

It's way better than the 72 virgins!

I doubt they will kill him - it makes him more of a martyr to the cause.

I know I know! Let's send him to live with the Clintons!

Jay
He could run for the Democrat nomination....

Curiosity
Jay

That would be just punishment - how about Teresa Ketchup as his running "mate" ????

Jay

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by Doryman

I agree, any criminal that says he didn't commit the crime when first asked should be let go....

Moussaoui confessed. He's going to fry.

Any human would confess to die, after 3 years of torture.

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by Wednesday's Child

Moussaoui is getting off on this trial.....

It's way better than the 72 virgins!

I doubt they will kill him - it makes him more of a martyr to the cause.

I know I know! Let's send him to live with the Clintons!

LOL, you guys seems to think there is a difference beetween democrates and republicans, when in fact there is none.

Jay
In fact there is and if you can't see it how are we too believe anything else you say?

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

In fact there is and if you can't see it how are we too believe anything else you say?

Tell me what is the difference beetween democrates and republicans??

demorcrates=right wing
republican= right wing extremist.

Jay
You obviously don't have a very good grasp of American politics.

aeon

Explain it then, only if you can, but i can already see, you arent able to explain it, cause there is none.

Jay
For your benefit? No.

You have lost all credibility in my books, sorry.

Toro

Any human would confess to die, after 3 years of torture.

Maybe he was forced to watch 3 years of the CBC!

Toro

demorcrates=right wing

I imagine that's how it looks from the Fringe.

Toro
I truly don't know if this guy was part of it or not.

He's quite the wacko.

EagleSmack

Are you saying that there may be actually ONE person that believes ONE thing he says?

EagleSmack

Explain it then, only if you can, but i can already see, you arent able to explain it, cause there is none.

I will

People like you are what the Democratic Party is made up of. You are clearly on the democratic side of the floor.

Case closed.

EagleSmack
Time to strap Mossauwi (or whatever way you spell it) to Ol' Sparky and flip the switch!

fuzzylogix
I wonder how many of you stridently pro death sentence people would actually be able to inject the victim with the lethal drug. Killing someone is not an easy task unless you or your loved ones are personally threatened or if you have such a hatred you are out for revenge. Even in these situations, many people are unable to react by killing another individual. It is very easy to be PRO death sentence when you expect someone else to pull the trigger so to speak.
I am against the death sentence. Even if an individual confesses, you cant be sure he/she did it unless you saw it. And you still have the responsibility of doing the nasty deed. Nope. I say incarcerate individuals without parole in certain horrific crimes. Society wastes far more money on other things to not be able to accept the cost of incarceration.

fuzzylogix
I wonder how many of you stridently pro death sentence people would actually be able to inject the victim with the lethal drug. Killing someone is not an easy task unless you or your loved ones are personally threatened or if you have such a hatred you are out for revenge. Even in these situations, many people are unable to react by killing another individual. It is very easy to be PRO death sentence when you expect someone else to pull the trigger so to speak.
I am against the death sentence. Even if an individual confesses, you cant be sure he/she did it unless you saw it. And you still have the responsibility of doing the nasty deed. Nope. I say incarcerate individuals without parole in certain horrific crimes. Society wastes far more money on other things to not be able to accept the cost of incarceration.

aperion

demorcrates=right wing

aeon-- i have to agree with you
i thought nader would have been the typr of president that could really have served justice for the american people and the world-- considering their influence
same with our situation in canada

liberals- right wing
concervatives- ultraright
NDP-justright!