french canadian music

r.banana
i like jean leloup.
wut else is good?

missile
Older groups like Corbeau,The Box, and Harmonium are very good.

Gonzo
I like Michel Pagliaro. "Loving you aint easy", "Some sing, some dance", "Rainshowers" are my favourites of his.

cub1c
You guys should really look at the new sensation in Québec right now.

Dumas
A very talented 23 years old auteur-compositeur-interprete, from Québec. You may have heard about him at the Junos where he won for a soundtrack of Les Aimants.

He is also kind enough to release 3 songs of his latest album on his website for free. I bought his album and really suggest you try it too!

Dumas's website: http://www.dumasmusique.com

Take a look at his videos too:
http://www.dromadaire.com/steve_dumas/videos

HockeyBabe
I still love Céline Dion. Plus, she lives nice and close to me too. It's like, she moved from my boyfriend's hometown (Québec) to mine! My mother is a real estate agent and she looked up her Las Vegas house on MLX. It's really nice!!

missile
I never met anyone who admitted to liking her-until now!

Gonzo
Well, if hockey babe live in Vegas, she can catch her anytime she wants. Personally, I'd go mad. But thats just me.

HockeyBabe
yeah, I do love Céline...and damn proud! lol jk and sadly, I do live in vegas stupid stupid STUPID country!!! I want Canada!! *clears throat* ok, I'm good.

Gonzo
There are some places in the US that are nice, but Vegas isn't one of them (for me anyway). Nothing beats Canada though.
Corey Hart is from Montreal. Does that count as french Canadian music? I used to like him (when I was very young, around 7). Sunglasses at Night was a cool song.

cub1c
Quote:

Corey Hart is from Montreal. Does that count as french Canadian music?

Nope

Gonzo
Darn.

Andem
Projet Orange is Quebecois music. I have a couple of their English songs, but none of the French stuff yet.

cub1c
Projet Orange had no choice to sing in English so they can be known, it is sad.

HockeyBabe
Quote: Originally Posted by Gonzo

There are some places in the US that are nice, but Vegas isn't one of them (for me anyway). Nothing beats Canada though.
Corey Hart is from Montreal. Does that count as french Canadian music? I used to like him (when I was very young, around 7). Sunglasses at Night was a cool song.

yeah, but only the states up north, because they learn their manner from Canada. but then, Utah and Colorado are pretty nice too...well I haven't been to very many states to know, but I don't care! the damn country sucks!! lol

missile
I've got to put a plug in for my favourite French performer..Daniel Langlois. Not only a world famous producer of bands like U2,but an amazing singer ,songwriter and musician on his own.If you ever get the opportunity to buy any of his 3 recordings,do so!

Laika
Who does that song "Liberate Us From The Liberals"? (Except in French) That song rocks!!

Does anyone know if and where I can download it? I've told my friend about it, but he hasn't heard it yet.

Numure
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

I've got to put a plug in for my favourite French performer..Daniel Langlois. Not only a world famous producer of bands like U2,but an amazing singer ,songwriter and musician on his own.If you ever get the opportunity to buy any of his 3 recordings,do so!

He wrote the song for Les Tripplette de Belleville. Awsome dude!

I loved his techno stuff he did awhile back.

Numure
Quote: Originally Posted by Laika

Who does that song "Liberate Us From The Liberals"? (Except in French) That song rocks!!

Does anyone know if and where I can download it? I've told my friend about it, but he hasn't heard it yet.

Loco Locas. They are a left wing group that sing about social causes. They are also one of the biggest groups supporting seperatism at this moment. Them and Les Cowboys Fringuant. One of my favorites.

Cathou
Quote: Originally Posted by Numure

isnt benoit charest that wrote that ?

Laika
Thanks, Numure!

I found a link to the song at Loco Locass' website. I had to use Google to badly translate for me; the comedic value alone was worth the effort, hehe!

Anyway, here's a link to the song:

http://www.locolocass.net/nouvelles/content/view/27/43/

Numure
Quote: Originally Posted by Cathou

Quote: Originally Posted by Numure

isnt benoit charest that wrote that ?

I think you might be right.

Numure
Quote: Originally Posted by Laika

Thanks, Numure!

I found a link to the song at Loco Locass' website. I had to use Google to badly translate for me; the comedic value alone was worth the effort, hehe!

Anyway, here's a link to the song:

http://www.locolocass.net/nouvelles/content/view/27/43/

If you like that, you should look up ;

Les Cowboys Fringuants - La Manifestation
Les Cowboys Fringuants - Mon pays

Robbin
Dumas!

Oui, meme moi, je na sais pas....la la la la