Jason Kenney should hold referendum Alberta sovereignty


Cannuck
#31
Calm down.
 
B00Mer
#32
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Calm down.

Yes you should, really. Quit being so silly.
 
coldstream
+1
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Why do you think only Quebec was allowed to vote on their referendum instead of the Canada being able to vote on if they wanted Quebec to be part of Canada. Retards at the wheel in Ontario and Quebec since their false flag war that never had an end and hindsight would say the war was not really done with 'vigor'.
You can talk all you want, the results of the 1867 vote simply do not exist anywhere, let alone being producible.
With the money they would lose they would certainly go for a united Canada rather than every Province for themselves. Alberta (Prairies) is the first to ink a deal with Israel asking for military protection from 'hostile nations' and 'poof' the iron dome is there for a bargain at $700B, . . . . per year.


I don't think anyone should be allowed to vote on Separation. That is clearly beyond and in contravention of all Constitutional prerogative of any government. I think Spain handled the illegal separation proclamation of Catelonia properly. They arrested the perpetrators, who are sitting in jail to this day, or in exile.

Canada falls back on its wimpy sense of inferiority and impotence too often. Never more than dealing with the separatist threat from Quebec in the 1960s and 1970s.. which required a muscular and assertive response.. not the spineless capitulation that we saw from the Liberals of that day, or the Meech Lake sell out to 'asymetrical federalism' of Brian Mulroney.

Quebecers are good Canadians. It's the sleazy, power grasping Quebec political class, who want all of the benefits of Canadian citizenship and none of its responsibilities who are traitors to their country and to their cultural identity.
Last edited by coldstream; May 4th, 2019 at 11:34 AM..
 
Gilgamesh
+4
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Only idiot Trumpites would think this is even a remotely good idea

Not just Trumpites; morons too.

While I sympathize with Sask.& Alberta,they are landlocked and thus have no bargaining power.

They are screwed, and by the times the idiots in Ottawa have finished destroying their viability,they will either be totally depopulated or getting ready to wage a kamikaze attack on Ottawa.

The stupidity and incompetence of the Federal Liberals could easily contribute to the breakup of our country.

Australia,NZ,etc went to a powerful elected Senate which helps their countries deal with moronic Federal whackjobs. Canadians have no such protections.

Of course, the two major parties will never willingly cede the control of a Triple E senate to the voters.

That would be democracy and alien to our culture.

Add to that an activist Left wing SCC unelected, & deaf to reality.

We are in deeper trouble than many realize.

As far as being over by the U.S, Canadians are, by and large,to the Left of the Democrats, so the GOP etc would fight that.

So Trump is unlikely to want to take us over, but as Chief Whackjob, who knows?
 
Ron in Regina
+3
#35
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Albrexit? Why? It already borders the US. Cut a pipeline deal with them.

What's needed is diversified clients for petroleum products for Western Canada.

 
Cannuck
#36
Quote: Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post

Not just Trumpites; morons too.

One and the same
 
Mowich
+1
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

If Alberta wants to really leave Canada, then TBH no one should stop them.

Same for Quebec.


But like so many say with Quebec, the buck stops the instant they leave. And they pay back any share of debt they owe Canada and so on and so on.

For me personally... I think if Alberta left, either a good chunk of population would leave as well (if the vote even passed) OR the province would quickly want to GTFO of the US not long after joining.


"A full 82 per cent of Quebec respondents to a survey conducted by the Angus Reid Institute in partnership with CBC agreed with the statement, "Ultimately, Quebec should stay in Canada."

When broken down by language group, 73 per cent of francophone respondents said Quebec should remain in Canada."


www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/quebec-angus-reid-canada-indepdence-1.3788110


Quebec has no intention of separating from the rest of Canada. Quit beating a dead horse.

Western alienation is nothing new nor is talk of Western Provinces separating from the rest of Canada. There is no benefit to AB leaving confederation on either side of the coin. Once the Blue Wave has swept into the HOC, things will once again settle down.
 
Hoid
#38
The financial deal between the federation and the provinces has always been excise

Therefore Alberta can perhaps leave the federation (notwithstanding) but the money that goes to the federation for the oil and gas still goes to the federation
 
MHz
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

What's needed is diversified clients for petroleum products for Western Canada.

Does everybody in the green area know the rest of us have conquered fire?? (some time ago)
I can see my place from here. More candi??
 
MHz
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You ya fukking dipshit.

You want me deported from Alberta Dear? First you have to deporch me. Don't let nothing but fear and good judgment hold you back.
 
B00Mer
+1
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You want me deported from Alberta Dear? First you have to deporch me. Don't let nothing but fear and good judgment hold you back.

Shut the fukk up ya retard. Take your meds.
 
Cannuck
#42
Calm down
 
B00Mer
+1
#43
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Calm down

...and you take your meds too.
 
taxslave
+3
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The financial deal between the federation and the provinces has always been excise
Therefore Alberta can perhaps leave the federation (notwithstanding) but the money that goes to the federation for the oil and gas still goes to the federation

How did you ever come up with that? Resources belong to the provinces. All Ottawa does is steal what they can when nobody is looking and add to the cost to consumers.
 
captain morgan
+1
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

I feel the sameway about about Alberta separatists as I do of those of Quebec or, the Maratimes or, Ontario or, Cascadia or, the Northern Inuit Republic.

Forget the damn referendums and pick up a weapon and fight your way out. That's the only way separatism has ever worked anywhere. So load up your 30.06 Remington and take on the Princess Pats or the Van Doos. We'll bury you out in the oil sands and put up a bronze plaque to you for contributing to the resource.

Separatists are all lip, and No brains and, NO guts.


No need to pick up arms when there is a mechanism, in place. But in the event that you're still all butt hurt about it, gather-up your like-minded comrades, assemble a bunch of pointy sticks and wander on over.


PS - There's a ton of nations that have prospered upon leaving a corrupted nation
 
Cannuck
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Resources belong to the provinces.

Resources belong to the people. They’re only managed by the provinces.
 
White_Unifier
#47
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

I don't think anyone should be allowed to vote on Separation. That is clearly beyond and in contravention of all Constitutional prerogative of any government. I think Spain handled the illegal separation proclamation of Catelonia properly. They arrested the perpetrators, who are sitting in jail to this day, or in exile.
Canada falls back on its wimpy sense of inferiority and impotence too often. Never more than dealing with the separatist threat from Quebec in the 1960s and 1970s.. which required a muscular and assertive response.. not the spineless capitulation that we saw from the Liberals of that day, or the Meech Lake sell out to 'asymetrical federalism' of Brian Mulroney.
Quebecers are good Canadians. It's the sleazy, power grasping Quebec political class, who want all of the benefits of Canadian citizenship and none of its responsibilities who are traitors to their country and to their cultural identity.

When we imprison a people, they will want to leave. While some in the UK wanted to leave the EU since they didn't like immigrants, others wanted out since the EU's outside tariffs trap the UK within a limited market.

Hong Kong and Singapore enjoy the advantage of trading with whomever they want and are among the wealthiest states in the world per capita.

Canada is extremely protectionist compared to the US even with a protectionist like Trump in power. That gives us some idea of just how protectionist Canada is. As a result, Canada traps us within our borders. With that, I can understand why many Canadians would want their province to leave Canada since they'd look at it as a way to finally open up to the world. Unilateral global free trade and decentralization could be one of the best ways to promote Canadian unity.
Last edited by White_Unifier; May 5th, 2019 at 12:49 PM..
 
White_Unifier
+1
#48
I live in Toronto. I'd love for the Constitution of Canada to recognize Toronto as a Special Administrative Region under a Basic Law that would entrench the International Covenanant on Civil and Political Rights (so no more separate Catholic and Protestant schools to the exclusion of all others), and that would allow the City of Toronto to adopt unilateral global free trade. This would allow Toronto to unilaterally drop all tariffs and quotas and then negotiate its own trade agreement with the rest of Canada, the US, and other states around the world. It could even adopt its own immigration policy too. I kind of like Hong Kongs: as long as you obey the local laws and support yourself and aren't a burden on anyone else, welcome to Hong Kong!

Toronto would face some challenges due to its being comparatively landlocked. But it does have a port and sits on a major lake that gives access to the Atlantic ocean, so that's still something. Also, with free trade with the US, anything from the US could just cross the lake into Toronto and vice versa.

This could also allow Toronto to play the rest of Canada and the US against one another. Since Toronto would be quite dependent on those markets, it could encourage Canada and the US to trade more freely with other countries around the world so that Toronto could then access their markets through either the US or the Canadian one.

Better yet, imagine Ontario voting to become a Special Administrative Region in the Constitution. If Quebec decided to join Ontario in this region, we'd then have a massive free economic zone representing around 1/2 of the Canadian polutation with the St laurence Seaway within its borders with direct access to the Atlantic ocean, unilateral global free trade, and open migration to those who can support themselves.
 
taxslave
+1
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I live in Toronto. I'd love for the Constitution of Canada to recognize Toronto as a Special Administrative Region under a Basic Law that would entrench the International Covenanant on Civil and Political Rights (so no more separate Catholic and Protestant schools to the exclusion of all others), and that would allow the City of Toronto to adopt unilateral global free trade. This would allow Toronto to unilaterally drop all tariffs and quotas and then negotiate its own trade agreement with the rest of Canada, the US, and other states around the world. It could even adopt its own immigration policy too. I kind of like Hong Kongs: as long as you obey the local laws and support yourself and aren't a burden on anyone else, welcome to Hong Kong!
Toronto would face some challenges due to its being comparatively landlocked. But it does have a port and sits on a major lake that gives access to the Atlantic ocean, so that's still something. Also, with free trade with the US, anything from the US could just cross the lake into Toronto and vice versa.
This could also allow Toronto to play the rest of Canada and the US against one another. Since Toronto would be quite dependent on those markets, it could encourage Canada and the US to trade more freely with other countries around the world so that Toronto could then access their markets through either the US or the Canadian one.
Better yet, imagine Ontario voting to become a Special Administrative Region in the Constitution. If Quebec decided to join Ontario in this region, we'd then have a massive free economic zone representing around 1/2 of the Canadian polutation with the St laurence Seaway within its borders with direct access to the Atlantic ocean, unilateral global free trade, and open migration to those who can support themselves.

ANd fukk up the economy even more. Free migration means that we will soon have third world pay and safety.
 
White_Unifier
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

ANd fukk up the economy even more. Free migration means that we will soon have third world pay and safety.

And that's why resourceless Hong Kong and Singapore are more successful than Canada? They both have more open borders than Canada even in immigration. The only difference is that while it's much easier to get a work permit, it's more difficult to obtain permanent residence and citizenship.
 
Hoid
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

How did you ever come up with that? Resources belong to the provinces. All Ottawa does is steal what they can when nobody is looking and add to the cost to consumers.

Resources belong to whoever owns them - and whoever sells them pays the federal government a fee or tax or "excise"
 
Johnnny
+3
#52
The provincial governments shouldn't be fighting each other, they should be fighting the federal government together.
 
Cannuck
#53
Kenny wants to bring in legislation so he can tell private companies who they can sell to and how much.


****in' socialist!!
 
MHz
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

...and you take your meds too.

Why do all the psychopaths like you get a pass on the meds. Everybody is nuts except bloomer.
 
B00Mer
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Why do all the psychopaths like you get a pass on the meds. Everybody is nuts except bloomer.

MHz, I swear you only have a head on your shoulders to hold your ears..
 
White_Unifier
+1
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

MHz, I swear you only have a head on your shoulders to hold your ears..

The poster boy for why not to abuse drugs.
 
Cannuck
#57
Boomer claims not to use drugs. He’s all natural
 
B00Mer
#58
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Boomer claims not to use drugs. He’s all natural

Projecting your feels inadequacy on others is not healthy.

From what I hear, you're in drugs and alcohol recovery currently. No?

Which explains a-lot of your posts.
 
Cannuck
#59
You’re confusing me with Petros
 
DaSleeper
#60