Sotu 2016

Walter
The words I, me and my will be used more than any others.

Walter
Those watching President Obama’s final State of the Union Address on Tuesday night may have noticed something. The House chamber was much quieter than when he delivered State of the Union Addresses in years past. That’s because there are far fewer Democrats to cheer for him.
http://www.conservativereview.com/co...mocratic-party

http://www.conservativereview.com/co...he-union-sucks

Highball
+2
The figures, examples and numbers he used were still as bogus ans they were 7 years ago. He is lucky he didn't slip on his own Watermelon seeds when approaching and leaving the Podium

Walter
BHO keeps getting better and better.
Obama delivers the most boring speech of his presidency | New York Post

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
I me, and my. Maybe he listened to talk radio loudmouths too much as a young man. Remind you of anyone,,,EIB?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I me, and my. Maybe he listened to talk radio loudmouths too much as a young man. Remind you of anyone,,,EIB?

You're comparing BHO to an entertainer.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

You're comparing BHO to an entertainer.

Absolutely. That' all polticians are. Entertainers. Just like your loud mouth guru. That's why Reagan was popular. He was an actor. An entertainer. People, especially American society, want to be entertained.

Tecumsehsbones
This was Obama's victory lap.

CDNBear
I think the skipping was a little over the top.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

selfsame
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

A foolish laughter.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Genius, may God keep you to your parents.

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

A foolish laughter.

You didn't get the joke. No surprise.

Quote:

Genius

True.

Quote:

... may God keep you to your parents.

You're mother should have swallowed.

tay
Coulter Says 'Trump Should Deport Nikki Haley' After SOTU Response

Ann Coulter was angered on Tuesday night by South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley's Republican response to the State of the Union address, in which the governor criticized some conservative rhetoric about immigrants.

In a series of tweets, Coulter bashed Haley and suggested that Donald Trump deport the governor, who is the daughter of Indian immigrants.

more

Coulter Says 'Trump Should Deport Nikki Haley' After SOTU Response

DaSleeper
+3
#14  Top Rated Post
List of lies in the SOTU address.....

1. “[W]e’ve done all this while cutting our deficits by almost three-quarters.” This is pure fiction. Obama has doubled the national debt, and it’s not because he cut the deficit. Rather, he spent staggering amounts of money in his first months in office–which he assigns, dishonestly, to the previous fiscal year, under George W. Bush. He “cut” (i.e. spent more gradually) from that spending, but only under protest, after Republicans took the House in 2010.
(Update: It is true that Obama’s 2015 budget deficit was about 25% of his 2010 deficit. But he referred to “deficits,” plural. Until last year, all of Obama’s deficits were worse than all of Bush’s deficits except for the last two.)
2. “Anyone claiming that America’s economy is in decline is peddling fiction.” With that line, Obama took a shot at his would-be Democratic successors, as well as his Republican critics. But the truth is that despite the slow recovery–the slowest since World War II–labor force participation is the lowest it has been in decades. Wages are stagnant, household incomes still have not recovered from the recession, and young people see a bleak future.
3. “That’s what the Affordable Care Act is all about. It’s about filling the gaps in employer-based care so that when we lose a job, or go back to school, or start that new business, we’ll still have coverage.”That is a cruel joke, given that Obamacare canceled insurance coverage for millions of Americans who did not change jobs. It also raised deductibles and premiums so high that many insurance companies are leaving the Obama exchanges totally.
4. “Food Stamp recipients didn’t cause the financial crisis; recklessness on Wall Street did.” Actually, food stamp recipients, metaphorically speaking, were indirectly responsible–as well as Wall Street sharks. Obama leaves out the government’s role, under the Community Reinvestment Act, in pushing mortgages on people who could not afford them, and in backing the derivatives based on those mortgages that ultimately burst the whole bubble.
5. “We’ve protected an open internet…”. Obama’s policy of Net Neutrality has turned Internet service providers into public utilities under an ancient regulatory regime. The result has been a sharp decline in broadband investment and a much less free and open system. In addition, the Obama administration is rushing to shift control of ICANN to the international community, which will ensure that the Internet is less free, and subject to overseas censorship.
6. “Seven years ago, we made the single biggest investment in clean energy in our history. Here are the results.” It is laughable that Obama would claim his failed clean energy spending–think Solyndra–led to the fracking-fed energy boom we have enjoyed for the past several years, especially when the administration did all it could to stop oil and gas development. He also nixed the Keystone pipeline and started a plan to kill coal plants.
7. “No nation dares to attack us or our allies because they know that’s the path to ruin.” Of all the lies in Obama’s speech, this was undoubtedly the worst, coming hours after Iran seized two U.S. Navy boats and ten sailors. Obama did not even mention those Americans in captivity at any point in his speech, declining the chance to reassure the nation that they would come home safely. It is an omission that will define this address in history.
8. “As someone who begins every day with an intelligence briefing, I know this is a dangerous time.” Obama does not attend most of his daily intelligence briefings, preferring instead to read intelligence reports–so he claims–on his iPad, a stark contrast to the attentive approach of his predecessor. Late last year, even as Obama claimed that there was little risk from attack, radical Islamic terrorists carried out brutal attacks in Paris and in San Bernardino.
9. “We are training, arming, and supporting forces who are steadily reclaiming territory in Iraq and Syria [from Islamic State].” The Obama administration’s attempt to train and arm Syrian rebels has been a disaster. Belatedly, the administration has helped Kurdish peshmerga forces, and the Iraqi military has made gains lately, but Obama has not made a serious effort to defeat the Islamic State, and is even giving up on regime change in Syria.
10. “Fifty years of isolating Cuba had failed to promote democracy, setting us back in Latin America.” And a year of appeasement has not promoted democracy, either. The Castros remain firmly in power, and we are not helping the opposition. Worse, the Cuban regime continues to arrest thousands of political dissidents, to cozy up to enemies like Iran and North Korea, and to carry out provocative acts–such as stealing a U.S. Hellfire missile.
Towards the end of his speech, Obama told one important truth: “There’s no doubt a president with the gifts of Lincoln or Roosevelt might have better bridged the divide…”.
An unusual, but overdue, admission of guilt.

Source: Fact Check: Top 10 Lies in Obama's State of the Union - Breitbart

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

List of lies in the SOTU address.....

1. “[W]e’ve done all this while cutting our deficits by almost three-quarters.” This is pure fiction. Obama has doubled the national debt, and it’s not because he cut the deficit. Rather, he spent staggering amounts of money in his first months in office–which he assigns, dishonestly, to the previous fiscal year, under George W. Bush. He “cut” (i.e. spent more gradually) from that spending, but only under protest, after Republicans took the House in 2010.
(Update: It is true that Obama’s 2015 budget deficit was about 25% of his 2010 deficit. But he referred to “deficits,” plural. Until last year, all of Obama’s deficits were worse than all of Bush’s deficits except for the last two.)

Source: Fact Check: Top 10 Lies in Obama's State of the Union - Breitbart

I'll just comment on the first of these. When Obama took office the 2009 US deficit was $1578.77 billion. In 2014 it was $497.98 billion, so that claim seems dead on. I wonder how many of the other so-called lies are actually facts.

tay
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

I'll just comment on the first of these. When Obama took office the 2009 US deficit was $1578.77 billion. In 2014 it was $497.98 billion, so that claim seems dead on. I wonder how many of the other so-called lies are actually facts.

Don't go getting all factual. That takes the fun out of it.

Obama has been a disappointment from many social aspects but then again he has to fight the Corporate Republicans at every turn.

For him to have given up on SPU Healthcare and just accept the Republicans Affordable Care Act is just one glaring fail.

# 1- you answered

#2 - Obama is wrong. The American economy is terrible for the working class and will get worse with the TPP.

#3 - The main thrust of the ACA is you cannot be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition. As to why Insurance companies would leave the exchange when they can simply raise the Premiums and Deductibles makes no sense as it's a win-win for them.

#4 - Please....

#5 - So Breitbart is not in favour of the 'open internet' being a public utility? How Communist Chinese of them..

#6 - Pointing out the anecdotal Solyndra does not prove that the USA is now the leading wind power producer.

#7 - They were released in hours.

#8 - I don't know if he is in fact doing the same as GW Bush or not.

#9 - Yeah well the Middle East is a disaster at best and who knows who anyone should be backing

#10 - No one assumed Cuba would change overnight

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
I tried watching it and I simply could not. He misspoke on so many occasions I couldn't believe anyone could honestly believe what he was saying.

From the beginning I thought he'd be bad at being President and nothing over the last 7 years has changed my mind. In fact, he's proven over and over again just how bad he is. I think he's even worse than Bush - he's just more "personable" LOL

JMO

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Don't go getting all factual. That takes the fun out of it.

Obama has been a disappointment from many social aspects but then again he has to fight the Corporate Republicans at every turn.

For him to have given up on SPU Healthcare and just accept the Republicans Affordable Care Act is just one glaring fail.

# 1- you answered

#2 - Obama is wrong. The American economy is terrible for the working class and will get worse with the TPP.

#3 - The main thrust of the ACA is you cannot be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition. As to why Insurance companies would leave the exchange when they can simply raise the Premiums and Deductibles makes no sense as it's a win-win for them.

#4 - Please....

#5 - So Breitbart is not in favour of the 'open internet' being a public utility? How Communist Chinese of them..

#6 - Pointing out the anecdotal Solyndra does not prove that the USA is now the leading wind power producer.

#7 - They were released in hours.

#8 - I don't know if he is in fact doing the same as GW Bush or not.

#9 - Yeah well the Middle East is a disaster at best and who knows who anyone should be backing

#10 - No one assumed Cuba would change overnight

Just wondering about #4. Are you saying that Food Stamp Recipients didn't cause the financial crisis or laughing at the stupidity of the statement?

As for #8, comparing G.W. Bush's awareness of security threats with Obama's is a bit ridiculous isn't it? Georgie Boy appears to have been the least aware president in history.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie Cup View Post

I tried watching it and I simply could not. He misspoke on so many occasions I couldn't believe anyone could honestly believe what he was saying.

From the beginning I thought he'd be bad at being President

I think we've located why you "couldn't believe anyone could honestly believe."

DaSleeper
+1

Cherry pick much? one year out of 7?
The post acknowledged that the deficits were not every year but Obama said deficits

tay

Just wondering about #4. Are you saying that Food Stamp Recipients didn't cause the financial crisis or laughing at the stupidity of the statement?

As for #8, comparing G.W. Bush's awareness of security threats with Obama's is a bit ridiculous isn't it? Georgie Boy appears to have been the least aware president in history.

# 4 - laughing at the stupidity of the statement

# 8 - While GW admitted he did not sit in on the briefings, I have no idea if Obama does or not although I feel Obama is more aware of what's going on.

GOP changes immigration message for its Spanish response to the State of the Union

Below is an excerpt from Haley's speech:

No one who is willing to work hard, abide by our laws and love our traditions should ever feel unwelcome in this country. At the same time, that does not mean we just flat out open our borders. We can't do that. We cannot continue to allow immigrants to come here illegally, and in this age of terrorism, we must not let in refugees whose intentions cannot be determined.

We must fix our broken immigration system. That means stopping illegal immigration and it means welcoming properly vetted legal immigrants, regardless of their race or religion, just like we have for centuries.

Below is a translated excerpt from Diaz-Balart's speech:

No one who is willing to work hard, abide by our laws and love our traditions should ever feel unwelcome in this country. It is not who we are. At the same, it is obvious that our immigration system needs to be reformed.

The current system puts our national security at risk and is an obstacle for our economy. It's essential that we find a legislative solution to protect our nation, defend our borders, offer a permanent and human solution to those who live in the shadows, respect the rule of law, modernize the visa system and push the economy forward.

more

Spanish-language State of the Union GOP response offers different immigration message | Fox News Latino