Walmart apologizes for ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ on website


spaminator
#1
Walmart apologizes for ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ on website
By Rosalyn Solomon , QMI Agency
First posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 01:30 PM EDT
Walmart was left handing out apologies after labelling plus size women’s Halloween costumes as “Fat Girl Costumes” on their website.
Shoppers took to Twitter Monday demanding an explanation from Walmart in the U.S. The label, which was not seen on the Canadian website, was appeared as a subcategory under “Women’s Plus Size Halloween Costumes”.
The page has since been updated and the questionable label removed. The company has sent an apology through Twitter.
It appears the company couldn’t move fast enough to remove the term as multiple people were able to capture a screengrab of the offensive page.
What’s scary about this mess up is that when it comes to slip ups in clothing sizes and labels, this isn’t a new controversy – and it seems history keeps repeating itself. Remember Target’s ‘Manatee Grey’ label on a larger-sized dress just a few months back? Or clothing brand J. Crew’s tiny 000 size ?
As for company apologies - do they make a difference? It seems one retailer or another is apologizing for something offensive every week. Instead of doling out generic apology statements, why not update the public on the process they’re taking to ensure it’s not going to happen again? THAT would be a semi-sweet treat.
This screengrab of Walmart.com shows the “Fat Girl Costume” label before it was taken down.


Walmart apologizes for ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ on website | Fashion | Life | Toronto
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#2
Jim Croce - Nobody Loves a Fat Girl - YouTube
 
Sal
+1
#3
Fat Bottom Girls - Queen **Official Video** - YouTube
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#4
Roller Derby Queen - YouTube
 
Nuggler
+1
#5
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...78597519,d.b2U


Rodney has one for the collection also.
 
Walter
+1
#6
Fat girls should apologize.
 
gopher
+2
#7  Top Rated Post
in praise of bigger bottoms:



Businesses cash in as women chase bigger butts - NetZero




http://image.vam.synacor.com.edgesui...ba7095250d4d73









full bodied women - back in style





.
 
damngrumpy
+1
#8
Is it insensitive yes does it need to be a major news item NO For god sake
every slip up is not the end of the world it belongs in the world of the Kardashians
 
shadowshiv
+1
#9
Nothing wrong with bigger women. They can be quite hot.
 
SLM
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

in praise of bigger bottoms:



Businesses cash in as women chase bigger butts - NetZero




http://image.vam.synacor.com.edgesui...ba7095250d4d73









full bodied women - back in style





.

Um, yeah. Sorry but that's not full-bodied. That's more akin to using a model who wears a size 10 and calling it "plus sizes".

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Fat girls should apologize.

God'll get you for that Walter.

And you know she's a fat chick.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Um, yeah. Sorry but that's not full-bodied. That's more akin to using a model who wears a size 10 and calling it "plus sizes".

At least they aren't anorexic. It's a start, I suppose.
 
Blackleaf
+1
#12
No. It's not a total eclipse. It's just this blimp going by your window:

 
tay
#13
 
CDNBear
+1
#14
I love watching people that would lose their sh*t if someone were to call a black man a n*gger, or mock a cripple.

But fat people, no worries. It's all good, it's all their fault anyways, right?
 
petros
#15
I'll say this. There are those who can wear yoga pants and there are those shouldn't wear yoga pants. I'm no fan of a gunt.
 
CDNBear
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I'll say this. There are those who can wear yoga pants and there are those shouldn't wear yoga pants. I'm no fan of a gunt.

There's no shortage of inappropriately dressed people from all spectrum's.
 
petros
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

There's no shortage of inappropriately dressed people from all spectrum's.

Skinny jeans don't do it for me either.

For 23 years I've tried to get my gal to put on weight but no luck. Another 30 lbs would look great on her.
 
CDNBear
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Skinny jeans don't do it for me either.

For 23 years I've tried to get my gal to put on weight but no luck. Another 30 lbs would look great on her.

You only weight 30lbs?
 
petros
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

You only weight 30lbs?

32, I have to take a leak.
 
SLM
+1
#20
So is there no one then that appreciates some real curves? Substantial breasts? Rounded hips? Full a$$?

Lol
 
CDNBear
+2
#21
I do, I'm a confirmed chubby chaser. I have a card and everything.
 
SLM
+2
#22
Well that's more like. Big girls need some love too.

And they can be easier to catch.
 
CDNBear
+2
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Well that's more like. Big girls need some love too.

And they can be easier to catch.

And you know why they give the bet head?

They're always hungry.
 
SLM
+2
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

And you know why they give the bet head?

They're always hungry.

Well and they have a lot of experience putting things in their mouth, lol.
 
petros
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

So is there no one then that appreciates some real curves? Substantial breasts? Rounded hips? Full a$$?

Lol

Curves yes! Gunt no!
 
shadowshiv
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

So is there no one then that appreciates some real curves? Substantial breasts? Rounded hips? Full a$$?

Lol



The answer to that should be obvious.
 

Similar Threads

26
Racist Costumes
by Cannuck | Oct 31st, 2011