It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!


petros
+1
#601
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

But I thought every little bit helps? What do you spray your trees with to control insects in your orchard?

Bonide for pests and copper oil for fungi.
 
Twin_Moose
+1
#602
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Bonide for pests and copper oil for fungi.

So no damage to the local ecology?
 
petros
+3
#603
Of course there is. Even if using a bio based insecticide there is always collateral damage.
 
Twin_Moose
+3
#604
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Of course there is. Even if using a bio based insecticide there is always collateral damage.

So a little recap, it is OK for her to use a pickup, Oil heating, probably insecticide, probably fungicide, probably herbicide, probably a small diesel tractor, all based from the petroleum industry. While her retired husband is taking local jobs away from others, because of her personal finances dictate that is the only way.

But it's not OK for 100's of thousands of direct and Millions of indirect jobs in the Oil patch because it is contributing directly to Climate change. All of us involved in the Oil patch should suck it up and be patient because something new will come along for the better.

I think I get the gest of it?
 
pgs
+2
#605
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

So a little recap, it is OK for her to use a pickup, Oil heating, probably insecticide, probably fungicide, probably herbicide, probably a small diesel tractor, all based from the petroleum industry. While her retired husband is taking local jobs away from others, because of her personal finances dictate that is the only way.

But it's not OK for 100's of thousands of direct and Millions of indirect jobs in the Oil patch because it is contributing directly to Climate change. All of us involved in the Oil patch should suck it up and be patient because something new will come along for the better.

I think I get the gest of it?

If she has cherry trees , she must hire a helicopter to blow the rain off the ripening berries before they split .
 
petros
+1
#606
It's the indoor weed she grows that shatters any attempt at shaming.
 
MHz
#607
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post


I think I get the gest of it?

The only thing missing in your post was some specific complaint as well as any practical, off the shelf, solution that addresses the problem mentioned, be it real or imaginary. If it is real the solution needs a tight budget, if it is imaginary classify it as a 'jobs creation program' and throw a lot of money at it knowing there will be no practical returns. Paying several $T to get bad scientific advice, or worse, get good advice and change it so everybody is getting a false version so a few people can take advantage of that 'flaw in the system'.

It is not a good business practice as repeat customers are missing or it breeds bad social manners if liars are the only successful people.


Let's start small, did you understand any of that??
 
MHz
#608
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

If she has cherry trees , she must hire a helicopter to blow the rain off the ripening berries before they split .

Put a 'collar' around the trunk just below the 1st branch and have it networked to all the other collars so the vibrating motor kick in for the amount of time needed to shake the dew off the fruit. Minute on low is the max. It might be practical in colder temps to stop the frost. The one to shake the ripe fruit off would be stronger and have a net that circles the base of the tree.

You could also create your own wind by pulling a tower with a prop or 2 on it . 1 tower every 10 rows, still cheaper than a chopper and meds could be delivered the same way after a drone with the right sensors does a sweep of the whole field.

Humans needed, zero.


Could a greenhouse in the tundra dry out peat in the summer to burn in the winter, the heat keep the frost at bay and the CO2 that is captured helps the produce grow?? Too bad this place is so short on honest scientists, the answer will never be known.
 
B00Mer
#609
Venice Mayor Blames Climate Change As Italian City Inundated By Highest Tide In 50 Years. ... Mayor Luigi Brugnaro, who said he would declare a state of disaster over the flooding, blamed climate change for the “devastating” acqua alta, or high waters, which peaked at over 6 feet on Tuesday night.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/venic...b0d43931cc56cd
 
MHz
#610
Black Hole sub passing at 37knots, within 1km of shore and less than 50M off the 'floor'.
 
petros
+1
#611
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Venice Mayor Blames Climate Change As Italian City Inundated By Highest Tide In 50 Years. ... Mayor Luigi Brugnaro, who said he would declare a state of disaster over the flooding, blamed climate change for the “devastating” acqua alta, or high waters, which peaked at over 6 feet on Tuesday night.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/venic...b0d43931cc56cd

The fall is a lovely time to visit Venice, but it is also when the acqua alta (flooding, or literally "high water") is more likely to occur. October through January is the typical high water season, though flooding can occur at any time during the year.Jun 26, 2019
https://www.tripsavvy.com › best-ti...
The Best Time to Visit Venice, Italy - TripSavvy

Any chance it is near full moon too?
Last edited by petros; Nov 13th, 2019 at 01:32 PM..
 
MHz
#612
As an artist or as a scientist?? Unless the data be duplicated at every port it would seem the city is sinking, just like New Orleans and for the very same reason, they are sitting above a zone where magma is descending.
https://www.venezia.isprambiente.it/...d=60&lang_id=2
 
NZDoug
#613
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Venice Mayor Blames Climate Change As Italian City Inundated By Highest Tide In 50 Years. ... Mayor Luigi Brugnaro, who said he would declare a state of disaster over the flooding, blamed climate change for the “devastating” acqua alta, or high waters, which peaked at over 6 feet on Tuesday night.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/venic...b0d43931cc56cd

This can be even more damaging when violent wether strikes with these high waters.
Fortunately, this incident occurred with relatively calm seas.
Its weird to sea US aircraft bombing there own stuff in Syria so it docent fall to the enemy and California and Aussie water bombing to fight the effects of what looks like a bomb strike.
KABOOM !
Greta wants to fix this.
 
spilledthebeer
#614
Quote: Originally Posted by NZDoug View Post

This can be even more damaging when violent wether strikes with these high waters.
Fortunately, this incident occurred with relatively calm seas.
Its weird to sea US aircraft bombing there own stuff in Syria so it docent fall to the enemy and California and Aussie water bombing to fight the effects of what looks like a bomb strike.
KABOOM !
Greta wants to fix this.


OH DOUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!


You are even DEEPER into the Nut Zone than usual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Venice is a city BUILT ON MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Built in the middle of a swamp - with the buildings all being set on cedar piles driven into the mud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The city was built in a swamp so the water would act a a permanent MOAT to protect against pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Those cedar piles are now HUNDREDS OF YEARS OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And maybe you have heard - that WOOD ROTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And maybe you have heard that buildings sitting on MUD TEND TO SINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This why Venice is getting flooded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The foundations of ALL THE BUILDINGS are sinking into that DEEP MUD BY THE SEA SHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LIE-beral TOOLS like Greta HAVE NO CLUE WHAT TO DO ABOUT VENICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And as we ALREADY KNOW - THERE IS NOT A SINGLE LIE-beral environmental policy that is actually EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


ALL LIE-beral policy cleans cash from wallets and LEAVES THE DIRT IN THE AIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Both you and Our idiot Boy Justin can live till you are each two hundred years old....................................


and in all that long life - you will still NOT BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN....................................


HOW GRABBING GRAVY to pay to GREEDY GOVT HOGS.........................................


WILL SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
spilledthebeer
#615
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The fall is a lovely time to visit Venice, but it is also when the acqua alta (flooding, or literally "high water") is more likely to occur. October through January is the typical high water season, though flooding can occur at any time during the year.Jun 26, 2019
https://www.tripsavvy.com › best-ti...
The Best Time to Visit Venice, Italy - TripSavvy

Any chance it is near full moon too?






YEAH - funny that - how often LIE-berals DO NOT MENTION that full moons bring high tides.................................


and the flooding occurs largely because of the high tides.......



and the tides get higher still under the influence of wind driven waves ans storm surges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
spilledthebeer
#616
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Black Hole sub passing at 37knots, within 1km of shore and less than 50M off the 'floor'.




HOW FAST WILL IT BE TRAVELING.............................


When it passes through the empty space between your ears??????????????????/

 
spilledthebeer
+1
#617
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

So a little recap, it is OK for her to use a pickup, Oil heating, probably insecticide, probably fungicide, probably herbicide, probably a small diesel tractor, all based from the petroleum industry. While her retired husband is taking local jobs away from others, because of her personal finances dictate that is the only way.

But it's not OK for 100's of thousands of direct and Millions of indirect jobs in the Oil patch because it is contributing directly to Climate change. All of us involved in the Oil patch should suck it up and be patient because something new will come along for the better.

I think I get the gest of it?


YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It seems pretty clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


HOGS be demanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And LIE-berals be giving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !


IN exchange for PIG VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#618
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

It isn't all due to job loss. (And job loss is only temporary anyway. Last I read, the average person changes careers at least 5 times in their life. You lose your job, you move on and get or make another one).
Buying power of average people has pretty much stagnated since the late 1970s. Yet the wealthiest people have gotten wealthier by some 2000%.
I sold my shop and we bought a piece of land with an orchard and I raised enough from the orchard in the first year to buy a herd of chickens. Hubby retired from firefighting and is now repairing all sizes of machinery from skidders and cats to lawnmowers.
However one can, they should save for that "rainy day". Very little in life is permanent.
Uncaring and thoughtless? uhuh Try again.






So Ember - is your hubby like the guy down the road from me- the one getting a govt pension AND REPAIRING MACHINERY FOR



CASH UNDER THE TABLE?????????????????????????



And was your hubby like the typical Toronto fire fighters I MET - DOING HOME RENOVATIONS FOR CASH UNDER THE TABLE???????


And what of the Toronto property tax collector who did not bother with a building permit for his second bathroom ..........



in order to avoid un-necessary expense!!!!!!!!!!!!


Or what about the Toronto union HOG who was FINALLY FIRED after getting caught three separate times taking karate lessons when he should have been working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The guy HAD A TYPICAL IDIOTS DELIGHT HOG JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !


He was given a truck and gas and sent around to CHECK DAILY - Monday to FRIDAY on school thermostat heat settings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Firstly - we pay teacher HOGS HUGE MONEY TO EDUCATE OUR KIDS - so why can the school principle NOT JUST AS EASILY AS



SOME other HOG - notice if the heating system fails and the school gets freezing cold????????????????????????


Secondly - IF the school heating system is that old and rickety that it must be checked daily by a heating specialist then does MY



CLAIM THAT LIE-berals are wasting all our money on HOG PAY RAISES and NEGLECTING our infrastructure get VALIDATED!!!!!


And since the heating guy was spending at least 3- 4 hour a day practicing karate INSTEAD OF WORKING - with no apparent



harmful effect on school heating systems or kids - THEN WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG - to fire the useless bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



IT is truly amazing how DEDICATED HOGS ARE - to making sure OTHER PEOPLE PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.................



while HOGS WORK DILIGENTLY TO DIG TAX DODGES FOR THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


In related news - maybe you can explain HOW FAIR IT IS - NOT that NO CIVIL SERVICE UNION HOG - WORKING FOR ANY OF



THE FOUR LEVELS OF GOVT IN Ontari-owe EVER PAYS A PENNY OF THAT LIE-beral health levy that Dalton McGinty IMPOSED



ON EVERYBODY EXCEPt THE HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
MHz
#619
How do I get you under a table, a very heavy table?(is that where you spill most of your beer?)
 
AnnaEmber
#620
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

That sounds like one of those liars figure and figures lie sort of things . How many species live on earth ? How many went extinct today ? Which ones , names please ?

I don't care what things sound like to you. Have you researched the issue or are you just denying it because you don't like the idea?
 
AnnaEmber
#621
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

How many new ecosystems develop as one evolves-out?

I don't know. I haven't researched that. But the background rate of extinction is still 1 to 5 per year and not nearly as much speciation occurs as go extinct. So there is a net loss.
 
AnnaEmber
#622
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

But I thought every little bit helps? What do you spray your trees with to control insects in your orchard?

Lime sulfur in the fall and soapy water when I find enough bugs. Usually there are enough stellar jays and flickers around to keep the insect populations down.
 
AnnaEmber
#623
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

So no damage to the local ecology?

a little extra base from the soap and lime. No insecticides.
 
Hoof Hearted
#624
AnnaEmber,

Why do you waste your time and energy responding to these ingrates...when there is a smashingly handsome ADONIS like me just waiting in the wings...hanging on your every post!

Eh? Huh?? Why is that?
 
AnnaEmber
#625
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

I think I get the gest of it?

No, you don't. But whatever, whatever I say you will ignore it, dismiss it, or deny it and believe whatever you want anyway.
 
AnnaEmber
#626
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

If she has cherry trees , she must hire a helicopter to blow the rain off the ripening berries before they split .

Nope. I have one cherry tree and a leaf blower works fine.
 
AnnaEmber
#627
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

It's the indoor weed she grows that shatters any attempt at shaming.

Nope. Tried the stuff 3 times and didn't like it. Besides the stuff stinks.
 
pgs
+2
#628
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

I don't care what things sound like to you. Have you researched the issue or are you just denying it because you don't like the idea?

Yes I read most serious articles posted on the subject . And yes I am concerned about the state of our environment , but that said global warming is a scam .
 
pgs
#629
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaEmber View Post

Nope. I have one cherry tree and a leaf blower works fine.

It will with only one , make sure you can gain height for best effect .
 
taxslave
#630
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

YEAH - funny that - how often LIE-berals DO NOT MENTION that full moons bring high tides.................................


and the flooding occurs largely because of the high tides.......



and the tides get higher still under the influence of wind driven waves ans storm surges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be because none of them live near an ocean.