NYPD Spyjinx

Logic 7
Quote:

The New York Times reported Sunday that the New York Police Department spied on dozens of activist groups in the U.S., Europe, the Middle East and Montreal in the year prior to the August 2004 Republican National Convention. Covering a lawsuit against the NYPD by the New York Civil Liberties Union on behalf of seven of the 1,806 people arrested during the convention, the Times writes that, “On Jan. 6, 2004, the [NYPD’s] intelligence digest noted than an anti-gentrification group in Montreal claimed responsibility for hoax bombs that had been planted at construction sites of luxury condominiums…. The group was linked to a band of anarcho-communists whose leader had visited New York, according to the report.”

But the vast majority of people investigated had no intention of committing violent acts, released police records show—and their contents indicate some pretty poor intelligence. Local activist Jaggi Singh says the Montreal anti-gentrification group in question was one 20-year-old who was arrested and quickly confessed, and was not known to the local activist community.

Singh, who says he was smeared by “scare-mongering” NYC tabloids prior to the convention, says the NYPD was “exaggerating the extent of their knowledge and information” about anarchist groups to appear competent. The NYPD denies the allegations.

http://www.montrealmirror.com/2007/032907/front.html

They have nothing better to do than doing this, pathetic, what do you think of this ITN, that your money serves to do that kind of chiken actions?

.... true, you are use to it, you don't see any différence.

Toro
Logic is pissed because he/she has been outed!

I think not
The NYPD has spying capabilities in Europe and the Middle East?
You're nuts. I pitty you and that rag you read.

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not View Post

The NYPD has spying capabilities in Europe and the Middle East?
You're nuts. I pitty you and that rag you read.

They have nothing better to do than spying activist and peaceful peoples, pathetic if you ask me.

I think not
Quote: Originally Posted by Logic 7 View Post

They have nothing better to do than spying activist and peaceful peoples, pathetic if you ask me.

You're an idiot if you think the NYPD has the apparatus to spy on foreign soil. You're talking billions of dollars in infrastructure and thousands of personnel resources.

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
Is the NYPD employing Jack Baurer now?

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not View Post

You're an idiot if you think the NYPD has the apparatus to spy on foreign soil. You're talking billions of dollars in infrastructure and thousands of personnel resources.

They have, it was on the front page of every news papers in montreal.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Is the NYPD employing Jack Baurer now?

I can't address your posts with the respect they deserve Durka, pleeeeeeeeeeeese loose the avatar. I liked that little N Korean you had.

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

I can't address your posts with the respect they deserve Durka, pleeeeeeeeeeeese loose the avatar. I liked that little N Korean you had.

Come on now Beaver, Richard Simmons is inspiring! I might have a backup Kim Jung ll though...

Logic 7
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Come on now Beaver, Richard Simmons is inspiring! I might have a backup Kim Jung ll though...

Very true, kim jong ill avatar is hard to beat, so you must be a "Team América" fan, you see, sometimes, people like you and people like me( i hate saying this....)can have things in common, even though our political view is totally at the opposite.

DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Logic 7 View Post

Very true, kim jong ill avatar is hard to beat, so you must be a "Team América" fan, you see, sometimes, people like you and people like me( i hate saying this....)can have things in common, even though our political view is totally at the opposite.

Almost like we are in the twilight zone eh Logic?