Gun Control is Completely Useless.


Colpy
Conservative
+3
#2371
Government quietly confirms that gun registry data has been destroyed
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#2372
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Government quietly confirms that gun registry data has been destroyed

That should be front page news. Might be kind of upsetting for those that claim Harper is a liar and breaks promises though.
 
Colpy
Conservative
+3
#2373
Meet the Man Responsible for the Death of Canada's Gun Registry - Forbes
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#2374
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Meet the Man Responsible for the Death of Canada's Gun Registry - Forbes

But it was a great excuse to create a bunch of high paying government jobs in a lib friendly riding with high unemployment.
 
Colpy
Conservative
#2375
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

But it was a great excuse to create a bunch of high paying government jobs in a lib friendly riding with high unemployment.

Oddly enough, the Liberal MP for Miramichi consistently voted against the gov't on the Firearms Act.....even after being whipped. He knew his riding, and he would have been ousted after a pro-control vote, if not tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.

.......
 
tay
#2376
"Repealing the unnecessary gun shows regulations shows our government is focused on protecting families and communities (mmmmmmmmmm??) and not pushing administrative burdens on law-abiding gun owners,"



But in an undated briefing note, obtained by CBC News's Power & Politics through an access to information request for documents that were sent in February 2012, the department's deputy minister issued Toews a warning:

"The CFO (Chief Firearms Officer) community has noted unsafe display of firearms across the country. CFOs have also noted incidents where exhibitors were criminally charged in relation to the trafficking and unauthorized possession of firearms at gun shows."

Memo warned Toews of risks in dropping gun show rules - Politics - CBC News

 
Locutus
#2377
Finally, a Liberal speaks some sense on gun control






The Liberals long claimed that the long-gun registry would save lives. Right now, it seems more apt at damaging their own careers.

Despite being scrapped months ago (except in Quebec, where the courts are considering a jurisdictional spat between the province and Ottawa), the registry has become an issue in the Liberal leadership race. Justin Trudeau got the ball rolling when he declared that the registry was a failure that he would not work to bring back.

After being thoroughly criticized, Trudeau retreated. His subsequent “clarification,” however, was so convoluted — including new definitions of the term “failure” — that Trudeau was left looking like exactly what his critics say he is: a dilettante in far over his head.


read on


Gun registry: Finally, a Liberal speaks some sense on gun control | Full Comment | National Post
 
DaSleeper
#2378
If Garneau were to get the leadership of the party, and If a suitable local were to run on the Liberal ticket (properly vetted of course), I might even vote <shudder>Liberal for the first time since '75 and only if he/she would have a chance to disloge the NDP candidate we now have..............

Trudeau just spouts typical politician double talk.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+3
#2379
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

If Garneau were to get the leadership of the party, and If a suitable local were to run on the Liberal ticket (properly vetted of course), I might even vote <shudder>Liberal for the first time since '75 and only if he/she would have a chance to disloge the NDP candidate we now have..............

It would take an exceptional set of circumstances for me to even have a nightmare about voting Liberal

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Trudeau just spouts typical politician double talk.

He's just like his old man. A myopic, stubborn and double-speak individual that will say anything to pimp for a vote.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#2380
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

He's just like his old man. A myopic, stubborn and double-speak individual that will say anything to pimp for a vote.

... and more recently, Jean ChRETIeN and aPauling Martin.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1
#2381
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

... and more recently, Jean ChRETIeN and aPauling Martin.


Chretin did a lot of things that were shady, but to this day, I still feel a sense of national pride whenever I see a video of Jean throttling that heckler in Ottawa... What was the icing on the cake was when he told the media "I taut dat he was agoing to slip on da hice so I taut dat I would help"

I recently heard it called a Shawinigan hand shake.

Paul martin - you know, I kinda liked the guy. I can honestly say that if Martin were running today and maintained a fiscal policy that I could get with, I'd think really hard about voting for the guy.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#2382
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Chretin did a lot of things that were shady, but to this day, I still feel a sense of national pride whenever I see a video of Jean throttling that heckler in Ottawa... What was the icing on the cake was when he told the media "I taut dat he was agoing to slip on da hice so I taut dat I would help"
I recently heard it called a Shawinigan hand shake.

Yeah, that was funny. Sorta like the lead-pellets in the bag to help you see some sense idea that old time cops had (and some still do have).


Quote:

Paul martin - you know, I kinda liked the guy. I can honestly say that if Martin were running today and maintained a fiscal policy that I could get with, I'd think really hard about voting for the guy.

Yeah, I'd consider it, too. If he didn't stab the provinces in the back, make student debt skyrocket, cut the throats of seniors and seniors programs, pass his rich buddies all kinds of perks, etc. just in order to balance the budget for a year or two.
 
captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
#2383
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Yeah, that was funny. Sorta like the lead-pellets in the bag to help you see some sense idea that old time cops had (and some still do have).

Old school law enforcement techniques.... Sometimes I wonder if it has a place in today's world.


Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Yeah, I'd consider it, too. If he didn't stab the provinces in the back, make student debt skyrocket, cut the throats of seniors and seniors programs, pass his rich buddies all kinds of perks, etc. just in order to balance the budget for a year or two.

There was a lot that he did that was crappy, but times were a lot different then (not that this is an excuse)
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#2384
Different times perhaps, a few similar circumstances, though. Either way, aPAULing Martin pretty much is consistent in how he deals with things: Paul Martin: He has a record | rabble.ca
 
Colpy
Conservative
+4
#2385
Media blackout: Oregon mall shooter was stopped by an armed citizen - Virginia Beach Conservative | Examiner.com

This stuff is literally repressed by the MSM.

Appalachian School of Law shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A principal and his gun

There are several other incidents where shooters were stopped by private citizens.

Analyzing shooting rampage statistics after Newtown school Shooting - National Libertarian | Examiner.com

With 270 million guns in the USA, and this seemingly a growing problem, the only solution is to ENCOURAGE good people to take training, and carry.....and to remove restrictions as to where they can carry.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
#2386
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Media blackout: Oregon mall shooter was stopped by an armed citizen - Virginia Beach Conservative | Examiner.com

This stuff is literally repressed by the MSM.

Appalachian School of Law shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A principal and his gun

There are several other incidents where shooters were stopped by private citizens.

Analyzing shooting rampage statistics after Newtown school Shooting - National Libertarian | Examiner.com

With 270 million guns in the USA, and this seemingly a growing problem, the only solution is to ENCOURAGE good people to take training, and carry.....and to remove restrictions as to where they can carry.

Anything that doesn't fit with the PC agenda is repressed by the MSN.
 
Omicron
+3
#2387
Hmm... well... all I know is the more my dad showed me how to use guns, the less I felt like playing with them like toys.
 
Locutus
+4
#2388
Texas Democratic Party Leader: NRA Members “Need To Be Wiped Off The Face Of The Earth”…



How progressive.
Via Examiner:
On Sunday, we reported that liberals on Twitter called for the murder of NRA members. One of those making the calls was identified Sunday as John Cobarruvias, a blogger, Democratic precinct chairman in the Houston area and a member of the Texas Democratic Executive Committee.

“Can we now shoot the #NRA and everyone who defends them?” he tweeted.

After reading about the tweets on another site, Yvonne Larsen noticed a familiar name.

“Among the selection of tweets advocating for the murder of NRA President Keene and all NRA members was a name familiar to me; probably familiar to many readers of Houston’s Liberal blog sites,” she wrote at Big Jolly Politics.

Larsen said she “pasted a screen shot from the Freedom’s Outpost story in case NASA employee and Democrat Precinct 699 Chair John Cobarruvias of the Houstonblog Bay Area Houston tries to delete his tweet.

Larsen said she “pasted a screen shot from the Freedom’s Outpost story in case NASA employee and Democrat Precinct 699 Chair John Cobarruvias of the Houstonblog Bay Area Houston tries to delete his tweet.”

Ironically, after calling for the deaths of NRA members and their defenders, Cobarruvias called the NRA domestic terrorists.

“Let’s face it. The #NRA is nothing but a domestic terrorist organization. They have done NOTHING to stop this violence except make excuses,” he added.

On Saturday, he posted a comment on his Facebook page asking NRA members to “un-friend” him and issued a disturbing message.

They need to [be] wiped off the face of the earth,” he wrote, speaking of the NRA and those who support owning guns.


Keep reading…




http://weaselzippers.us/2012/12/17/texas-democratic-party-leader-nra-members-need-to-be-wiped-off-the-face-of-the-earth/

Flashback 1995: Eric Holder Says “We Must Brainwash People” Into Hating Guns…



Obviously he failed miserably, support for gun control has been on a steady decline since the early 1990s.




Eric Holder 1995 Interview - Gun Control - "We Must Brainwash People Against Guns" - YouTube




Flashback 1995: Eric Holder Says “We Must Brainwash People” Into Hating Guns… | Weasel Zippers
 
CDNBear
+1
#2389
Knock that off. You can only get one thumbs up per post!
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#2390
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Media blackout: Oregon mall shooter was stopped by an armed citizen - Virginia Beach Conservative | Examiner.com

This stuff is literally repressed by the MSM.

Appalachian School of Law shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A principal and his gun

There are several other incidents where shooters were stopped by private citizens.

Analyzing shooting rampage statistics after Newtown school Shooting - National Libertarian | Examiner.com

With 270 million guns in the USA, and this seemingly a growing problem, the only solution is to ENCOURAGE good people to take training, and carry.....and to remove restrictions as to where they can carry.

Doesn't help kindergarten children, movie goers or is part of the solution arming 6 year olds ? The one 6 year old who survived the killing of virtually her whole class, was one who was smart enough to play dead. She was carried out covered by her classmates blood,

The mother in this last case had an arsenal at home and was :trying: to teach this killer respect for guns!! The next nutbar is going to try to better this one's record. There is virtually little medical coverage for mental problems, except for the very wealthy in the US. \I will never be convinced more guns will solve this problem, it certainly hasn't worked so far, has it?

We don't allow anyone to drive a car, without a driving test, and a license and insurance but apparently there are no such regulations for items that are produced for one purpose........killing and/or maiming. In my opinion that is the epitome of stupidity.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#2391
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Doesn't help kindergarten children, movie goers or is part of the solution arming 6 year olds ? The one 6 year old who survived the killing of virtually her whole class, was one who was smart enough to play dead. She was carried out covered by her classmates blood,

The mother in this last case had an arsenal at home and was :trying: to teach this killer respect for guns!! The next nutbar is going to try to better this one's record. There is virtually little medical coverage for mental problems, except for the very wealthy in the US. \I will never be convinced more guns will solve this problem, it certainly hasn't worked so far, has it?

We don't allow anyone to drive a car, without a driving test, and a license and insurance but apparently there are no such regulations for items that are produced for one purpose........killing and/or maiming. In my opinion that is the epitome of stupidity.

Check the gun laws of the state in question.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#2392
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Check the gun laws of the state in question.

Ah c'mon.....she likes to shoot from the hip you know
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#2393
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Ah c'mon.....she likes to shoot from the hip you know

Don't you mean LIP?
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#2394
Quote: Originally Posted by Omicron View Post

Hmm... well... all I know is the more my dad showed me how to use guns, the less I felt like playing with them like toys.

Good. They aren't toys, anyway. They are dangerous tools.
 
bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
#2395
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Check the gun laws of the state in question.

Why bother when one need merely cross the border into the next state in order to fill one's list of must have gun goodies??
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+2
#2396
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Why bother when one need merely cross the border into the next state in order to fill one's list of must have gun goodies??

You mean like gang members and suchlike? I'd make a bet that relatively few good Canadians have gotten their "gun goodies" from across the border.
 
Colpy
Conservative
+1
#2397
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Doesn't help kindergarten children, movie goers or is part of the solution arming 6 year olds ? The one 6 year old who survived the killing of virtually her whole class, was one who was smart enough to play dead. She was carried out covered by her classmates blood,

The mother in this last case had an arsenal at home and was :trying: to teach this killer respect for guns!! The next nutbar is going to try to better this one's record. There is virtually little medical coverage for mental problems, except for the very wealthy in the US. \I will never be convinced more guns will solve this problem, it certainly hasn't worked so far, has it?

We don't allow anyone to drive a car, without a driving test, and a license and insurance but apparently there are no such regulations for items that are produced for one purpose........killing and/or maiming. In my opinion that is the epitome of stupidity.

Actually, it has worked. Guns are used in self-defense in the USA between one million and 2.5 million times a year....the one million figure comes from a Clinton-era DoJ study, so is basically irrefutable. Since the States started introducing licensed concealed carry for civilians, the murder rate has dropped over 50%. There are 270 million guns in the USA, and nobody is going to surrender either their weapons, or their constitutional right to have them.

Therefore, there is only one way to have the slightest chance of stopping the next killer.

Willing individuals should undergo training, and get licensed to carry. The restrictions against carrying anywhere must go. Schools should designate armed first responders to take the course, and carry concealed, be they teachers, maintenance staff, or administrators.

The next time someone takes a weapon into a school, they should be met with armed resistance, instead of wailing and cries for mercy from the helpless.

It is the only answer.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35 View Post

Why bother when one need merely cross the border into the next state in order to fill one's list of must have gun goodies??

Because the weapons used were kept fully legally, and in a state with guns laws as strict as Canadian laws.
 
JaneBlonde
No Party Affiliation
+1
#2398
If you are a gun owner and one of the estimated 1 in 10 Americans who suffer from depression - http://1.usa.gov/T4Ud9J - or the 1 in 4 who suffer from a mental illness of any kind - http://1.usa.gov/Yeeai4 - you need to relinquish your weapons, have a third party secure them until you are better, or stop calling yourself a "responsible" gun owner. I sincerely hope you get all the help you need, but people who are not in control of their faculties should not be in the possession of guns. That is not responsible.

If you live in the same household as someone who suffers from depression or mental illness, you should relinquish your weaponry or secure your gear in an appropriate gun safe at the very least. Responsible people do not leave guns l...ying around the home so they are accessible to those who suffer from mental or emotional instability.

Bars and homeowners are routinely held to account for the people who drink under their roof, hop behind the wheel of their cars, then get in an accident and hurt or kill someone.

Your responsibility as a gun owner is no less than that of the person who serves tasty treats.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
#2399
Quote: Originally Posted by L Gilbert View Post

Good. They aren't toys, anyway. They are dangerous tools.

No such thing as a dangerous tool. Only dangerous operators......Well some people are tools and they are dangerous.
 
Colpy
Conservative
+1
#2400
The Facts about Mass Shootings - John Fund - National Review Online