Dr Assisted Suicide and RCC Healthcare

petros
Are they being forced to kill noncombatants with ALS or what have you?

Glacier
Andrew Coyne: The absurd logic of assisted suicide | National Post

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-co...y-as-a-society

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Are they being forced to kill noncombatants with ALS or what have you?

No, but that's not what you said, is it?

Shall I go get the quote for you?

coldstream
+1
The term suicide is a euphamism. This is government sponsored homicide that fundamentally undermines the principles of a just nation state. We have an out of control, renegade Supreme Court that has no mandate from or responsibility to the people of Canada.

We have a vicious judicial tyranny that needs to be overthrown. They are without constraint... they a morally incompetent.. and as Lord Acton state.. "absolute power corrupts absolutely".. it will only get worse.. they will have to be overthrown and ousted.. by revolt if necessary.

MHz
The only successful revolts are the ones that have military and political support from the start.

Cliffy
+1

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

fundamentally undermines the principles of a just nation state.

Actually, it's just the opposite. It allows the individual to have control over end-of-life decisions.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

A doctor does not have to provide the services, but the hospital itself can not prevent another non RCC doctor from being involved. Not all employees at those particular hospitals are of that religious persuasion and the hospital is not allowed to discriminate against any other faith or lack of faith.

It can revoke hospital privileges to any doctor it wishes.

Jinentonix
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Not sure about that. 90% of the hospitals in Japan are privately owned, and they provide high-quality service at reasonable prices (Japan has a mandatory insurance scheme and price regulation).

I've never been one to agree with the concept that a nation's health care should be a for profit venture. That being said, Japanese culture is entirely different than North America's, even at the corporate level, so their views on profit in regards to health care may be somewhat tempered by it.

The term suicide is a euphamism. This is government sponsored homicide that fundamentally undermines the principles of a just nation state.

Only if it makes it age mandatory. The terminally ill and those in similar positions have the right to not only die on their own terms, but to do so with at least some measure of dignity. Humanely speeding along someone's imminent demise at their behest should not be considered homicide.

Frankiedoodle
+2
I have a friend who I have known for more than 20 years. We met at a depression support group for those with a severe depression. A couple of months ago Susan asked me to be with her when she died of dr.assisted death. I must admit that I was taken aback. However, I did agree to be there. She has suffered for so many years. Now it has gotten to the point that she spends her days and nights, in bed. She feels terrible and in pain. Why shouldn't she be allowed to exit with some sense of dignity.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

There is a way to avoid death.

( oh goody a riddle!)
If a person gets aborted before they are born?
( what does the person who gets the right answer win?)
Say, if they take away the pain meds, we can have a new medical industry,
for suicide assinssistants.
Could save a lot of tax money keeping those decrepit old folks alive

question is: if a nurse puts the morphine to the IV
is that a goal or an assist?
Last edited by Danbones; May 13th, 2016 at 06:13 AM..

MHz
The Book of Life gets your name written in at conception.

You won't have to worry about what the prize is.

Considering the method approved will be a heroin OD expect the price to rise considerably. (or intentional starvation if nobody is watching. We may not look alike while alive but as ashes you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

eriatilos
World population 1950---2.5 B
2010---6.8 B
2015---7.3 B

PoliticalNick

Why on earth would you ever demand a human kill another human??

WTF do you think govts do when they send in the troops? Forcing a doctor to help a terminally ill patient end their own life is nowhere near as bad as ordering a bunch of kids to go kill a bunch of other kids for geo-political gain and control of resources.

The term suicide is a euphamism. This is government sponsored homicide that fundamentally undermines the principles of a just nation state. We have an out of control, renegade Supreme Court that has no mandate from or responsibility to the people of Canada.

We have a vicious judicial tyranny that needs to be overthrown. They are without constraint... they a morally incompetent.. and as Lord Acton state.. "absolute power corrupts absolutely".. it will only get worse.. they will have to be overthrown and ousted.. by revolt if necessary.

So letting a terminally ill person choose the time and manner of their passing is govt sponsored homicide but bombing the crap out of foreign nations killing people who want to live is just politics and collateral damage.

Kreskin
+2
Our healthcare is so bad I'm sure they couldn't kill you if they tried.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Our healthcare is so bad I'm sure they couldn't kill you if they tried.

What's to fear is the damage they do when they are not trying!

Why on earth would you ever demand a human kill another human?

That is some of the cruellest and cowardly sh-t I've ever heard.

If you think you, a friend or relative is hating life so much that death is the only answer, do it yourself or for a friend or relative.

A Dr is not necessary.

What are you afraid of?

A murder charge?

Is it possible to enact a law that will cover all cases? There's exceptions to all rules and I think for the exceptions doctor assisted suicides are OK. I'm leery of carte blanche killing of everyone who decides it's "time to go". It's a decision there is no return from, just like the death penalty!

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

So letting a terminally ill person choose the time and manner of their passing is govt sponsored homicide but bombing the crap out of foreign nations killing people who want to live is just politics and collateral damage.

Not sure why you are comparing (contrasting) the two processes!

PoliticalNick
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Not sure why you are comparing (contrasting) the two processes!

Because a lot of the people against assisted suicide are for the wars in the middle east. It seems hypocritical to me to support indiscriminate killing of foreign nationals whilst trying to deny those who actually want to die the right to do it with dignity and without pain.

gerryh

Because a lot of the people against assisted suicide are for the wars in the middle east. It seems hypocritical to me to support indiscriminate killing of foreign nationals whilst trying to deny those who actually want to die the right to do it with dignity and without pain.

The RCC is supportive of the wars in the Middle East?

JLM

Could it be that one group of people they care about while the other group they don't care about?

PoliticalNick
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

The RCC is supportive of the wars in the Middle East?

The RCC is one of the main antagonists and one of the main benefactors so yeah, they sponsor and support plenty of wars. I was actually referring to some members of CanCon but since you asked f*cknuts.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Could it be that one group of people they care about while the other group they don't care about?

So they're hypocrites like I said

JLM

The RCC is one of the main antagonists and one of the main benefactors so yeah, they sponsor and support plenty of wars. I was actually referring to some members of CanCon but since you asked f*cknuts.

So they're hypocrites like I said

Maybe! or maybe just ignorance!

gerryh

Yes, I asked, but t I didn't refer to you as fu cknuts. Don't be so hard on yourself. We all know you're an idiot. No need to state the obvious. So, why don't you show how the RCC is the main antagonists and how they are benifiting from this war.

Serryah
+1
This is one issue I never did understand why so many are against it. IF a patient is terminal and IF they are of sound mind at one point to say to their doctor/lawyer/loved ones "If I am in X situation with no chance of what could be called life, if I will be in pain before death, if I will be suffering, then I wish to die peacefully" then who is anyone ELSE to tell that person 'no'?

Both my aunt and uncle died of ALS; my aunt was confined to a wheelchair, my uncle died before he got to that point. So I KNOW what that disease is like, and it is normally fatal (though exceptions exist I admit). Who is someone from, say, Alberta, to tell them that they could not die with dignity if they so wished?

My grandmother died of, and my uncle is suffering from Alzheimers. If he, before he reached a point of total dementia, had stated a wish to die when it got too extreme, who is anyone from anywhere to deny him that right?

My mother has already asked that if she ends up in certain medical situations, that we do all we can to see her die peacefully, and if assisted suicide is an answer, so be it. That is HER wish, stated to all of us. Who is any of you to tell us "no"?

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

This is one issue I never did understand why so many are against it. IF a patient is terminal and IF they are of sound mind at one point to say to their doctor/lawyer/loved ones "If I am in X situation with no chance of what could be called life, if I will be in pain before death, if I will be suffering, then I wish to die peacefully" then who is anyone ELSE to tell that person 'no'?

Both my aunt and uncle died of ALS; my aunt was confined to a wheelchair, my uncle died before he got to that point. So I KNOW what that disease is like, and it is normally fatal (though exceptions exist I admit). Who is someone from, say, Alberta, to tell them that they could not die with dignity if they so wished?

My grandmother died of, and my uncle is suffering from Alzheimers. If he, before he reached a point of total dementia, had stated a wish to die when it got too extreme, who is anyone from anywhere to deny him that right?

My mother has already asked that if she ends up in certain medical situations, that we do all we can to see her die peacefully, and if assisted suicide is an answer, so be it. That is HER wish, stated to all of us. Who is any of you to tell us "no"?

and if the law allows, they can. Just not in a Hospital run by the RCC or those affiliated with the RCC.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

It can be a "slippery slope" for sure but I definitely think there are some situations that indicate assisted suicide is not only warranted but is sensible. A.L.S. would be one for sure.

skookumchuck
+1
And nobody has asked what it would feel like to kill a person, interesting. Why do people not have the guts to prepare their own demise when they can? They would prefer to wait until the last second and have someone else kill them, what a horse chit way to live and die.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuck View Post

And nobody has asked what it would feel like to kill a person, interesting. Why do people not have the guts to prepare their own demise when they can? They would prefer to wait until the last second and have someone else kill them, what a horse chit way to live and die.

Procrastination is a common fault of the human race!

PoliticalNick

If I could walk into a pharmacy and pick up an overdose of opiates without a prescription we wouldn't need the law. lf an ALS patient had lost use of their limbs they cannot inject or ingest such an ovedose without assistance so they require assistance. This is not about whether you have the right to end your own life, suicide is not illegal, it is about whether enlisting help should be allowed.

Angstrom
+1
The truth is, even though no doctors will admit it, its already happening. Doctors are already overdosing terminally ill patients with pain killing drugs , but not reported and documented deaths as such.

It's been happening for years.

petros

If I could walk into a pharmacy and pick up an overdose of opiates without a prescription we wouldn't need the law. lf an ALS patient had lost use of their limbs they cannot inject or ingest such an ovedose without assistance so they require assistance. This is not about whether you have the right to end your own life, suicide is not illegal, it is about whether enlisting help should be allowed.

Why OD? Hypoxia only costs a nickel, the going rate for a plastic shopping bag. No Dr needed.

No heaven if you kill yourself.