Youth raped and beat Edmonton grandmother

B00Mer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

btw, Yahoo Answers psychology section isn't exactly valid psychology reference material

Can't you just friggin laugh..

I have forum burn out form all the political BS over the last 3 weeks..

karrie
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

You're asking a rape victim, to laugh at an article like that.

Why don't you go look for the articles I've posted in the fun and jokes sections. I'm not a barrel of laughs in THIS one, no.

EagleSmack
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

I'm fairly certain rape crosses the mind of all males.....

Wha... WHAT!

B00Mer

You're asking a rape victim, to laugh at an article like that.

Why don't you go look for the articles I've posted in the fun and jokes sections. I'm not a barrel of laughs in THIS one, no.

get a friggin life Karrie.. it's a news article.. a sexual assault occurs every 2 minutes in America.. yup your so incensed over 1.

As tragic as it is.. it's part of life.. I just hope the punishment fits the crime..

Life sucks..

karrie
Which '1' am I incensed over? I've dealt with the fallout of so many Boomer, it becomes impossible to sit and listen to someone say I should laugh a little about the topic. So which ones should get shrugged off? Which ones matter? Enlighten me.

SLM
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

I'm fairly certain rape crosses the mind of all males....

Rape crosses the mid of all males????Are you frigging serious???? I'm positive it doesn't actually.

I'm sure that sex crosses the mind of all males (and all females too btw) though. Completely different issues/topics though.

karrie
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Rape crosses the mid of all males????Are you frigging serious???? I'm positive it doesn't actually.

I'm sure that sex crosses the mind of all males (and all females too btw) though. Completely different issues/topics though.

Dark fantasies are pretty common. But what that manifests as is pretty different for every individual. It's not abnormal so long as it stays a fantasy and not a compulsion.

EagleSmack
+1

Yes he is serious...disgustingly so.

Quote:

But he said Rape. He knew what he was saying.

I am certain it doesn't... but we're talking about EAO's twisted mind.

SLM
+3

Dark fantasies are pretty common. But what that manifests as is pretty different for every individual. It's not abnormal so long as it stays a fantasy and not a compulsion.

I understand fantasies and I understand dark fantasies. Sexual fantasies. Which are vast and as varied as the number of individuals who have them.

But rape is an act of violence which has nothing whatsoever to do with sex. So I still do not buy that all males fantasize about violence.

gore0bsessed

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound making it a political issue? Who's the stay at home mom on this board? What political label do people give me? Who says anti-spanking laws are dumb, and talks about having spanked her kids? And what lame *** political label do you partisan hacks always try to give me?

Seriously. Corporal punishment has never prevented someone from becoming a violent offender. That is a twist in your logic that you're not likely to sell someone on. Being too soft on kids doesn't make them go out and beat grandmas half to death and rape them. You're taking a bizarre leap there. Really bizarre.

You're right and even CAPITAL punishment hasn't even worked as a deterrent against crime! What chance does corporal punishment have??

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2

That is true but not all males (or females). Some of us are just quite boring.

JLM

Well, he's getting help. They're trying to help him control himself. They've chemically castrated him, he gets counseling, they try new meds. He gets to go home to see his family because they were lucky enough to be able to move to Edmonton to be near the remand centre. And if the docs ever get the whole thing figured out and 'fixed', he'll get let out. I just wanted to illustrate that saying the teen is getting a psych eval doesn't mean it will be the cake walk some people think it is. They think our justice system sees mental illness as a get out of jail free card. But they really do have to demonstrate that they are well to get out. The unfortunate part for my friend is that his isn't a simple case of mental illness, it's a case of retardation that they're trying to treat as if it was illness. They've given him a benchmark that's impossible to meet. But I really don't know what the alternative is.

Yep, there's some sad cases no doubt because someone else made them that way. But none of that helps the victim- very sad on all fronts.

taxslave

Yes, corporal punishment prevents rapists. silly society.

Maybe not but capital punishment prevents repeat offenders.

Let me clarify. I was not speaking to compare these two instances. I was simply speaking to point out that mental problems, at least here in AB, are not a get out of jail free card, and if someone can be locked up for the foreseeable stretch of their life for so little, you're jumping to a huge conclusion to assume that saying 'mental eval' means this guy is gonna walk.

I sincerely hope he's found both not mentally ill, and possessing of adult comprehension of his crime.

Mental issues rarely work as a get out of jail free card except for those that have no real issues but can afford a sleazy lawyer.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Praxius View Post

... there is no excuse for this kind of behavior and brutality.

Maybe and maybe not. You've shown a complete lack of understanding when it comes to mental health issues so you'll excuse me if I wait to hear from the experts.

Praxius
+1

Agreed, I was going to post something about that a day or so ago but wandered off to do something else.

I have never thought of or fantasized over raping someone.

It has never once crossed my mind any more than having sex with another male or a child.... I think he needs to get some help if he thinks the thoughts of rape are normal.... sweet jesus.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Forum burnout from political B.S.? Political B.S. happens 52 weeks every year! Has a cop got you tied to the computer? -