Justin Trudeau gets the job done.

Cobalt_Kid
Sounds good to me, Trudeau has a message of hope instead of one of fear.

Justin Trudeau gets the job done with an upbeat, pro-teacher ad | Full Comment | National Post

CDNBear
+2
Wow, he sounds so different talking out the other side of his face.

And in English.

Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
+1
If he's a drama teacher, what's with all the algebraic equations behind him? At least they are correctly expanded. Who said he was dumb?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote:

Indeed, the most bone-headed aspect of last week’s failed Tory attack ads was the snide allusion to Trudeau’s having been a “drama teacher” — as if this were some bozo avocation, on par with rodeo clown or door-to-door mop salesman.

The funny thing about Conservative supporters is that they just don't get it.

CDNBear
I don't think he's dumb, he has said some dumb things, and isn't very bright if he think people will forget his double talk and contradictory commentary though.

I will say he's being well marketed too.

Durry
+1
I think he should run for PM of school children,,, small children, that is!! He has a small mind so he would be good for small children.

Cobalt_Kid
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

The funny thing about Conservative supporters is that they just don't get it.

Many conservatives seem to be of the opinion that teachers are failed professions who are taking a fall-back option.

The art of teaching requires good communication and critical thinking skills, both can easily be applied to politics.

Trex
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cobalt_Kid View Post

Many conservatives seem to be of the opinion that teachers are failed professions who are taking a fall-back option.

The art of teaching requires good communication and critical thinking skills, both can easily be applied to politics.

Realty is that an education degree is one of the easiest rides in Uni.
Hard sciences, business, health care, engineering, accounting, vet school, law,and so forth, all far tougher than an education gig.
Harder to get accepted into, and then a tougher curriculum.
Truth is, its tougher to be a librarian than it is to be a teacher.
BTW my wife started out as a high school teacher.

Teachers now can make in excess of $100,000 a year in Canada depending on Province and contract.
And because it's a union gig in the public sector no merit advancement is required.
Retirement can be taken as early as 53 and averages 70% of final income.
Pension is around 70% funded by the taxpayer and around 30% funded by the teachers.
For around 9 months work a year.
And where I live the only person in the school after 3:15PM is the janitor.

Teachers are the new 1%.
They are the new multi-millionaires.
The pension alone insures of that.
In Canada ever year there are less and less young people.
Hence less and less students.
And every year there are more and more teachers.
Making ever inflated salaries.

I have no axe to grind.

I just feel the education system and teacher compensation is wildly out of control.
Unionism at its worst.

Teachers should make about half what they presently get and fund at least 50% of their own pensions.
And they should be working 12 months a year, less 3 weeks vacation.
They could, if nothing else, tutor stuggling students through the summer months and Christmas vacation periods
Its just that simple.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post

We will all see how unprepared JT is when he has to debate Harper.

No way.

We'll all see the well prepared fruitful endeavors of his writing staff, as he actually evades tough questions on the economy among others, and instead drags the debate towards his new feel good, Canadian group hug policy.

you hurd it here first.

Cobalt_Kid
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Trex View Post

Realty is that an education degree is one of the easiest rides in Uni.
Hard sciences, business, health care, engineering, accounting, vet school, law,and so forth, all far tougher than an education gig.
Harder to get accepted into, and then a tougher curriculum.
Truth is, its tougher to be a librarian than it is to be a teacher.
BTW my wife started out as a high school teacher.

Teachers now can make in excess of $100,000 a year in Canada depending on Province and contract.
And because it's a union gig in the public sector no merit advancement is required.
Retirement can be taken as early as 53 and averages 70% of final income.
Pension is around 70% funded by the taxpayer and around 30% funded by the teachers.
For around 9 months work a year.
And where I live the only person in the school after 3:15PM is the janitor.

Teachers are the new 1%.
They are the new multi-millionaires.
The pension alone insures of that.
In Canada ever year there are less and less young people.
Hence less and less students.
And every year there are more and more teachers.
Making ever inflated salaries.

I have no axe to grind.

I just feel the education system and teacher compensation is wildly out of control.
Unionism at its worst.

Teachers should make about half what they presently get and fund at least 50% of their own pensions.
And they should be working 12 months a year, less 3 weeks vacation.
They could, if nothing else, tutor stuggling students through the summer months and Christmas vacation periods
Its just that simple.

Is that really the issue?

To be an effective teacher you need to be able to understand your subject, be able to learn new aspects of it and others and be able to effectively communicate it to young people who are rapidly developing intellectually and emotionally.

It's one of the most important disciplines there is in terms of creating a healthy society and some of the best teachers are truly gifted. To try and smear Justin Trudeau based on his vocation is silly.

I get that the business world is seen as the only one that matters to some people, many of them on the right, but our society is much more complex than what many of us do for a living. Having a PM that has a background in communicating effectively new concepts can be a very positive thing.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
#11  Top Rated Post

Mostly teaching is for those that have no marketable job skills. Drama teacher is a good background for PM since Canadians are so gullible they will take a pretty face over sound economics any day.

Is that really the issue?

To be an effective teacher you need to be able to understand your subject, be able to learn new aspects of it and others and be able to effectively communicate it to young people who are rapidly developing intellectually and emotionally.

It's one of the most important disciplines there is in terms of creating a healthy society and some of the best teachers are truly gifted. To try and smear Justin Trudeau based on his vocation is silly.

I get that the business world is seen as the only one that matters to some people, many of them on the right, but our society is much more complex than what many of us do for a living. Having a PM that has a background in communicating effectively new concepts can be a very positive thing.

Don't forget his zero experience in business. Definite advantage when dealing with touchy feely subjects like foreign policy and economics. Group hugs are just so much better than reality.

Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
+1
I don't think Trudeau is that vulnerable on the "lack of job experience" front. I don't think Harper ever had a full time job outside of politics at all. He's been a political animal since high school is my understanding. Got a part-time job at his dad's company for a while.

Mulcair seems to have the advantage, as a previously practicing lawyer and professor. Then again, I think he's only worked for governments, academia and unions.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1
The conservative attack ad only helped Justin.
Here is why.

I know for a fact When he said Quebec was superior to the rest of Canada he was just joking.
Smart people know that words can be put into many different context and have very different
meaning given the situations.

But what Im starting to understand is, the conservatives may have just unknowingly handed
Quebec over to Justin with that attack ad. Quebecers will definitely think he really meant
it and will vote for him.

And the rest of Canada that was already going to vote for him are intelligent
enough to understand that The attack ad was all out of context, and just a hit piece.
I know for a fact he was getting, more support in Ontario and see him Wining it by a close margin.

The only consequence of the ad's will be a re-enforcement of the
hate that people that already would have not voted for him have for him.
Last edited by Angstrom; Apr 24th, 2013 at 06:47 PM..

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

I know for a fact When he said Quebec was superior to the rest of Canada he was just joking.

Ummm...

Quote:

And the rest of Canada that was already going to vote for him are intelligent enough to understand that The attack ad was all out of context.

So you didn't understand.

Good to know.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Ummm...

So you didn't understand.

Good to know.

Yes? Can you point out what I missed

CDNBear
The irony, lol.

DaSleeper
+1
Yup...
i'm smelf smart... i self smarted myself - YouTube

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

The irony, lol.

Yes. Plz lets have the irony.. You can do it bear

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+2
Drama sells...

CDNBear
+1

Yes. Plz lets have the irony.. You can do it bear

LOL, stop embarrassing yourself, it takes all the fun it.

Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Drama sells...

Oh, niiice one!

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

LOL, stop embarrassing yourself, it takes all the fun it.

Oh, niiice one!

I see your bluff and raise you 1 000 000.
Lets do it bear.. Explain to us all this irony you have inside you lol

CDNBear

I see your bluff and raise you 1 000 000.
Lets do it bear.. Explain to us all this irony you have inside you lol

Seriously, you're killing me here. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

Seriously, you're killing me here. Stop embarrassing yourself.

the clock is ticking bear..... Lets have this irony you speak of...
Or I guess you just fold?

#juan
No Party Affiliation
"Stop embarrassing yourself" bear's favorite little saying. He's used it a few hundred times......

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

"Stop embarrassing yourself" bear's favorite little saying. He's used it a few hundred times......

He really cares what others think.... It's a little man syndrome thing

CDNBear
+1

the clock is ticking bear.....

It is? What clock? lol.

Quote:

Lets have this irony you speek of...

It's right there for anyone actually intelligent to see.

So I really don't need to explain it to anyone but you. You have no idea how funny that is, lol.

Oh and oh so ironic, LMAO!

Quote:

Or I guess you just fold?

I might have to, and just let you make a fool of yourself, you're taking all the fun out it.

Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

You noticed how many times he's embarrassed himself too.

good eye on you juan.

He really cares what others think.... It's a little man syndrome thing

Is that why you post nothing but insults?

Angstrom
No Party Affiliation

It is? What clock? lol.

It's right there for anyone actually intelligent to see.

So I really don't need to explain it to anyone but you. You have no idea how funny that is, lol.

Oh and oh so ironic, LMAO!

I might have to, and just let you make a fool of yourself, you're taking all the fun out it.

It's so Ironic you can't explain it..... Yes. I can see how ironic that is.

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
+1
Much better response than his predecessors put out. Itll be interesting to see how this goes.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Much better response than his predecessors put out.

Better responce, or better packaging?

Quote:

Itll be interesting to see how this goes.

That's true.

It's so Ironic you can't explain it..... Yes. I can see how ironic that is.

LOL, keep telling yourself that, if it helps you feel all big, lol.

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post

All polititians evade questions but have to be smart enough to do it.

Ive never seen a smart evasion. I've only ever seen reporters get tired of going in circles with politicians and giving up. The press and people should be much harder on them when it comes to that.