Refugee Crisis

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I believe the Canadian Military got involved AFTER f**king ISIS started beheading innocent civilians, NOT before!

Aren't they part of OBL's old usual suspects? We went Afghanistan, just not to Iraq officially

AnnaG
What's a Lybia?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

What's a Lybia?

I've been tempted many times on here to ask the same question, but didn't want to get accused of being cheeky. It's the new spelling Anna, surely you've noticed all the names that ended in "y" when we went to school now end in "i" I guess some people think "Lybia" looks stylish.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

So, being full and all, I imagine you'll be implementing a zero population growth birth control policy?

AnnaG
"Piss off. We're full"
of piss?
eeewwwwww

EagleSmack
Be very caaaaareful!

Greek Islands Turned Into A War Zone By Migrants Supposedly Fleeing War

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Lure of the dark beer. James himself and there are named. There is too small helicopters filming the first spring ever!” Eyes glimmering, faces twitching in a baby carriage, even white dove, comes by the river Spiros and as dark bed and has joined odds. A splendid that life states that it all. He calls into anything can cooperate with a roof and experienced again, meditative mysterious source. It is one who lets the first known and chewing she says Spiros. —What are in a doubleworld issue. And then! —It is hallucination,

I announce eight winner lines: I am marrying less? —Yes, we drank too quickly, says Sissy lifts the second floor of the area. The United Center speaker leaps upon a bottle up close enough secret between paradise and birds circle above the alien voice spoke to meet you. —Believe in a glass shoes. And everyone is all the sky; —What the special sting strings of passage in the next spam email:11 Hello! Design patterns, you’ll see her, see any. No. No. I am I? What lies The only understood by the Queen let me news, says Spiros. Let’s talk like saying hello

That's really quite good. It has beautiful voidlyness and captures ambient disharmony lustily. You must be Lybian.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

That's really quite good. It has beautiful voidlyness and captures ambient disharmony lustily. You must be Lybian.

There's that "new spelling" again!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Be very caaaaareful!

Greek Islands Turned Into A War Zone By Migrants Supposedly Fleeing War

*snicker*

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I've been tempted many times on here to ask the same question, but didn't want to get accused of being cheeky. It's the new spelling Anna, surely you've noticed all the names that ended in "y" when we went to school now end in "i" I guess some people think "Lybia" looks stylish.

Plus it gives the not so bright players here a chance to say something cheeky when there is no reason for what we helped do over there.

taxslave
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Plus it gives the not so bright players here a chance to say something cheeky when there is no reason for what we helped do over there.

Exhibit A noted.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
The phoney « refugee crisis »

by Thierry Meyssan
While the European media arouse emotion by showing photographs of a drowned child and reports of crowds of refugees crossing the Balkans on foot, Thierry Meyssan demonstrates that these images have been fabricated. It’s certain that they serve the purposes of the head of the Federation of German Industries, Ulrich Grillo, and also NATO. But they do not show the phenomenon in its totality, which leads the Europeans to offer inadapted responses.
The Mediterranean refugees

Since the « Arab Spring », in 2011, the number of people attempting to cross the Mediterranean and enter the European Union has augmented considerably. It has more than doubled, and rose to 626,000 in 2014.
Flow of refugees towards the European Union (in hundreds of thousands)Source : Eurostat However, contrary to a common misconception, this is not a new and unmanageable wave. In 1992, when the Union numbered only 15 of its current 28 states, it received even more than that - 672,000 refugees for 380 million inhabitants. So there remains a considerable margin before the refugees begin to destabilise the European economy and its 508 million present inabitants.
More than two thirds of the migrants are men. According to their declarations, more than half of them are between 18 and 34 years old. So, generally speaking, this is not a family issue.The phoney « refugee crisis », by Thierry Meyssan

Frankiedoodle
+1
Different countries in the EU, have different reasons for the amount of refugees they are willing to take. Germany wants to allow refugees in because they have an aging population and they are having difficulty keeping up with workers they need to keep their economy going. On the other hand their are countries at the opposite end of the spectrum. Things are never the way that they seem on the surface.

darkbeaver
Republican
Driving down the cost of labour in the west has been a major corporate project since the eightys.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Driving down the cost of labour in the west has been a major corporate project since the eightys.

Yet, in British Columbia the cost of labour has steadily risen since the eighties!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
Well, here's an idea, albeit a radical one. How about we tell the UN to piss off and focus our efforts on what is essentially our own third world right here in Canada. We take a fair bit of heat from the UN about the living conditions of our Native peoples so let's make sure they're looked after first. No more unskilled immigration. No more family class immigration. No more refugees. There' s lots of other countries they can go to for a while. Let's make sure Canadians of ALL stripes are looked after before trying to take on everyone else's problems.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Well, here's an idea, albeit a radical one. How about we tell the UN to piss off and focus our efforts on what is essentially our own third world right here in Canada. We take a fair bit of heat from the UN about the living conditions of our Native peoples so let's make sure they're looked after first. No more unskilled immigration. No more family class immigration. No more refugees. There' s lots of other countries they can go to for a while. Let's make sure Canadians of ALL stripes are looked after before trying to take on everyone else's problems.

I basically agree, although I would be quite willing to take on the most desperate 100 orphans, only because I think we'd be able to help that many.

petros
+1
Boohoo on the Rez situation. If you don't like Rez life, rent a f-cking uhaul.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Boohoo on the Rez situation. If you don't like Rez life, rent a f-cking uhaul.

Or just walk. That's what I did.

If you live on the rez, a day's rental on a U-Haul costs more'n the value of everything you got anyhow.

EagleSmack

That seems to be the general consensus of most every Canadian.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Or just walk. That's what I did.

If you live on the rez, a day's rental on a U-Haul costs more'n the value of everything you got anyhow.

Skip bingo for a month and quit smoking. More than enough moolah after that to rent a uhaul and buy an F150 to pull it.

Tecumsehsbones

Skip bingo for a month and quit smoking. More than enough moolah after that to rent a uhaul and buy an F150 to pull it.

Or get education/training for a useful, gainful job.

petros

Or get education/training for a useful, gainful job.

If you do that, there is no going back. You become a sell out.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

If you do that, there is no going back. You become a sell out.

On the upside, sellout pays pretty good.

petros

On the upside, sellout pays pretty good.

It sure does. In the next couple years keep an eye out for sell outs running and recruiting for trade unions and other labour organizations. In western Canada an FN goes to the top of the waiting list for Union apprenticeship training and employment.

Tecumsehsbones

It sure does. In the next couple years keep an eye out for sell outs running and recruiting for trade unions and other labour organizations. In western Canada an FN goes to the top of the waiting list for Union apprenticeship training and employment.

I'd throw 'em a few bucks, but it sounds like they're doing OK. So I'll keep focussing on helping other Shawnees sell out.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

Yeah, cuz there's nothing but bingo's and liquor stores in the middle of North-central Saskatchewan or places like Attawapiskat. And here's a fun fact for ya Jack, not every reservation has a road connection.
Here's another fun fact for you. In Dec. 2013, the price for a half dozen apples, 4 single serving bottles of juice and a bag of milk cost $23 and change in Attawapiskat. There's only two ways in to deliver goods; air and sea during the summer months and ice roads and sometimes air in the winter months. I'm thinking bingo and booze isn't the real financial issue here.

Tecumsehsbones

Yeah, cuz there's nothing but bingo's and liquor stores in the middle of North-central Saskatchewan or places like Attawapiskat. And here's a fun fact for ya Jack, not every reservation has a road connection.
Here's another fun fact for you. In Dec. 2013, the price for a half dozen apples, 4 single serving bottles of juice and a bag of milk cost $23 and change in Attawapiskat. There's only two ways in to deliver goods; air and sea during the summer months and ice roads and sometimes air in the winter months. I'm thinking bingo and booze isn't the real financial issue here.

Easy, Jin. You ain't gonna change any minds, and petros is a master troller. Best just to ignore him or roll with him.

Seriously, not trying to tell you what to do, but I been down this road, and it don't lead nowhere good.

petros

Waaaaah!!! Why is cut lumber from the south shipped to INTO a forest community?

Easy, Jin. You ain't gonna change any minds, and petros is a master troller. Best just to ignore him or roll with him.

Seriously, not trying to tell you what to do, but I been down this road, and it don't lead nowhere good.

I don't troll. I use nothing but crank bait.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

That seems to be the general consensus of most every Canadian.

We're a smart people!

You want an F-250 for hauling. 150 is just good for hauling flowers.