Capitalism will save this world


petros
#631
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Who needs seat belts when the free hand of the market will hold you to your seat?

Gees I thought you far younger and aware of airbags. Free market insurance and the British lizard loves you being safe.
 
HarperCons
-1
#632
Free market life insurance wants you dead, moron. It's the only way they substantially profit.
 
petros
+1
#633
Insurance companies covering the labour and skills you sell openly on the free market wants you to keep selling and producing rather than seeing you on the dole so they have worked with automakers to keep you healthy and able to sell yourself on the open market.
 
HarperCons
-1
#634
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Insurance companies covering the labour and skills you sell openly on the free market wants you to keep selling and producing rather than seeing you on the dole so they have worked with automakers to keep you healthy and able to sell yourself on the open market.

You stupid ****, did you just advocate slavery unwittingly?
 
Angstrom
#635
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

who are the designers , the 0.01% competing with?

With the ones trying to knock them off their thrown. Try visualizing a world wide king of the mountain, school yard game. Fundamentally that's all it really is.

Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

You stupid ****, did you just advocate slavery unwittingly?

The struggle to survive everyday makes you a slave to your own body that must be feed and taken care of. You will be a slave to your body regardless of what system, or none system you live in Harpercon.

That its in the struggle to find food or in the struggle to make money, it's not going to change. Take away the struggle and you'lll realize it's not even living.
 
spaminator
#636
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Capitalism will save this world

I prefer lower caseism.
 
Angstrom
#637
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

I prefer lower caseism.

Move to India
 
Walter
#638
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

you can only reap the rewards of capitalism if you can afford it, is what i am saying.

Exactly. There are no freebies in this world.

Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

You stupid ****, did you just advocate slavery unwittingly?

Do you not sell your labours or are you independently wealthy or perhaps living on the dole?
 
captain morgan
+1
#639
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

If that's the penultimate, what's the ultimate?

Pol Pot and Stalin come to mind... You know, those wonderful people that provided such a high quality of life to millions without any of that pesky capitalism

Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

hollande is not remotely socialist. lol. this is how disconnected you are from what socialism actually is.

You are bloody hilarious... Dumber than a bag of The Peoples hammers, but funny nonetheless

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

I don't know the history of the seat belt. As it turns out, I'm not the one pretending that I do either.

You don't know much about anything it seems.

Angstrom has you totally pegged... No wonder you and HarperCons get on so well
 
Tecumsehsbones
#640
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Angstrom has you totally pegged... No wonder you and HarperCons get on so well

Yep. Those crazy people don't seem to understand the importance of capitalism innovating the game of chest.
 
Angstrom
#641
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yep. Those crazy people don't seem to understand the importance of capitalism innovating the game of chest.

Awww you got me tec

Chess made its way to Europe during the period of the Silk Road. What a great thing this think called commerce and capitalism has been for us
 
Tecumsehsbones
#642
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Awww you got me tec

Chess made its way to Europe during he period of the Silk Road. What a great thing this think called commerce and capitalism is

You think medieval Persia was capitalist.
 
Angstrom
+1
#643
Helping spread innovation throughout the world for so long now.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You think medieval Persia was capitalist.

Capitalism is essentially freedom for all to perform businesses.

Commerce is equally great. But the freedom for anyone no matter what or who they are to do business is even greater.

Do you want me to start anew thread on how great commerce has been for the human species?

Capitalism is simply the freedom of all to perform commerce.

Or was it better in the old days when only certain people were allowed?
 
HarperCons
#644
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Exactly. There are no freebies in this world.


Do you not sell your labours or are you independently wealthy or perhaps living on the dole?

there's plenty of freebies, if you're born privileged.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#645
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Helping spread innovation throughout the world for so long now.



Capitalism is essentially freedom for all to perform businesses.

You think medieval Persia offered "freedom for all to perform businesses."

Quote:

Commerce is equally great. But the freedom for anyone no matter what or who they are to do business is even greater.

Do you want me to start anew thread on how great commerce has been for the human species?

Go for it. Should be good for a laugh.
Quote:

Capitalism is simply the freedom of all to perform commerce.

Or was it better in the old days when only certain people were allowed?

Like in medieval Persia, where capitalism innovated chest.
 
HarperCons
#646
if you can't exploit a profit, capitalism disregards it. irrespective of what it is.

 
Angstrom
#647
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You think medieval Persia offered "freedom for all to perform businesses."


Go for it. Should be good for a laugh.

Like in medieval Persia, where capitalism innovated chest.

The Silk Road was the beginning of big time trade and commerce. But I never said it was the biginning of capitalism. Your just not intelligent enough to understand what I said
 
Tecumsehsbones
#648
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

The Silk Road was the beginning of big time trade and commerce. But I never said it was the biginning of capitalism. Your just not intelligent enough to understand what I said

Hmmm. . . care to point out where I claimed you said the Silk Road was "the biginning [sic] of capitalism"?

A quote will do nicely.
 
Angstrom
#649
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Hmmm. . . care to point out where I claimed you said the Silk Road was "the biginning [sic] of capitalism"?

A quote will do nicely.

"medieval Persia offered "freedom for all to perform businesses."
"

Here
 
Tecumsehsbones
#650
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

Here

How would that be the "biginning" [sic] of capitalism? The United States in 1922 allowed all to have businesses. Is that a statement that the "biginning" of capitalism was the U.S. in 1922?
 
Angstrom
#651
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

How would that be the "biginning" [sic] of capitalism? The United States in 1922 allowed all to have businesses. Is that a statement that the "biginning" of capitalism was the U.S. in 1922?

Nope, that wasn't my statement.
 
Corduroy
#652
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

You haven't made one argument that I would call"solid" against capitalism yet.

Right, I better get on that then. Just so I know what I'm working with, what would you call a "solid" argument?

Something like this?

Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

And I don't have the time to figure it out in a equation but there is one



You'll have to trust me on my word. But I'm not going to break it down for a bunch of tree stumps like you 4. The equation is much to valuable to share here anyways

The equation is strong enough that I have no doubt humans will one day, travel the galaxy With its help by amplifying our very strong ability to build solutions.

Because I can make an argument against capitalism equally as solid as this.
 
Angstrom
#653
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

Right, I better get on that then. Just so I know what I'm working with, what would you call a "solid" argument?

Something like this?



Because I can make an argument against capitalism equally as solid as this.

That wasn't a argument at all. I was playing along with you. Do you know what a analytic mind is?



It's about the 5th time you go back to this in this thread
 
Corduroy
+1
#654
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

That wasn't a argument at all.

It was a cop out because you realized you looked like a fool going on about your equation, but you couldn't actually explain your point because your point made no sense.

Until you admit that or actually produce the equation, you're going to get the same effort in my arguments as you've put into your own arguments.

So far this is the best you've come up with:

  • My argument is right because of an equation I don't know and haven't thought about.
and
  • I'm super analytical even though I don't understand this Wikipedia article says nothing about the point I'm trying to make.
 
Angstrom
#655
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

It was a cop out because you realized you looked like a fool going on about your equation, but you couldn't actually explain your point because your point made no sense.

Until you admit that or actually produce the equation, you're going to get the same effort in my arguments as you've put into your own arguments.

So far this is the best you've come up with:

  • My argument is right because of an equation I don't know and haven't thought about.
and
  • I'm super analytical even though I don't understand this Wikipedia article says nothing about the point I'm trying to make.

That's fine with me, let's continue that discussion, it's all you have to add because I've made you look like a idiot arround 15 times the rest of the time.

As for the equation it's simple. It's in business's favor to keep its market from collapsing. This means it will innovate in order to continue to profit from its market. I've already explained this five times but since, realized that you don't even see understand what I've just explained. It's basically a self solving algorithm.

I've already explained this equation 5 times and your still asking for a equation. Who looks stupid now?
 
Corduroy
+1
#656
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

That's fine with me, let's continue that discussion,

What discussion? There never was one.

This is how far you got on the topic:

  • My equation proves I'm right!
  • What's the equation?
  • I don't know. You're a tree stump.
Quote:

As for the equation it's simple. It's in business's favor to keep its market from collapsing. This means it will innovate in order to continue to profit from its market. I've already explained this five times but since, realized that you don't even see understand what I've just explained. It's basically a self solving algorithm.

I've already explained this equation 5 times and your still asking for a equation. Who looks stupid now?

That's not an equation. You might want to try looking up what an equation is first.

You seem really concerned with not looking stupid and boasting of your intelligence. So much so that it comes as a priority to you actually making an intelligent point. To you it seems that it doesn't matter whether you've shown your intelligence, just so long as you announce it and put others down in the process. We've all experienced people like that on elementary school playgrounds. It's a classic but boring cliche.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#657
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post


You seem really concerned with not looking stupid

Well, screwed the pooch on that one.

Quote:

and boasting of your intelligence. So much so that it comes as a priority to you actually making an intelligent point. To you it seems that it doesn't matter whether you've shown your intelligence, just so long as you announce it and put others down in the process. We've all experienced people like that on elementary school playgrounds. It's a classic but boring cliche.

Yeah, but only because you've left third grade behind.
 
darkbeaver
#658
Quote: Originally Posted by Angstrom View Post

This is the only car you could buy in Solviet Union for 40 years. While we had 500+ different models to choose from.


Thank you capitalism for innovations like the seat belt

I'd buy another of those Ladas in a minute. Toughest car I ever owned, exceptional in snow, sound but simple, lots of military grade hard parts, I also owned the Niva which was best 4x4 in it's class year after year. I bought the Lada GL sedan, withheadlight wipers in 85 and sold it to a friend six years later who sold it back to me two years after that so I could reengine the Niva.
 
Angstrom
#659
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

What discussion? There never was one.

This is how far you got on the topic:

  • My equation proves I'm right!
  • What's the equation?
  • I don't know. You're a tree stump.
That's not an equation. You might want to try looking up what an equation is first..

It's a self solving algorithm, if you can't understand that you are a tree stump

A algorithm can be seen as a form of equation, because it will solve a problem.

Your right. It's like explaining **** to a 3rd grade.
Last edited by Angstrom; Jul 15th, 2016 at 04:48 PM..
 
darkbeaver
#660
Maybe capitalism will save the world. Define the word world. While it may save the world why should you be so happy since you may not be included in this great salvation. I suppose the capitalist monitor this forum and can see you're all about them and this might soften their approach with respect to your person if and when there is gain to be had from such an undertaking. I think you had better find more reliable friends.
 

Similar Threads

8
How to save the world
by I think not | Nov 2nd, 2010
348
7 Ways to Save the World
by I think not | Nov 1st, 2010
73
Socialists Will Save The World
by darkbeaver | Apr 21st, 2007