Osama bin Laden is dead.


MHz
#781
YouTube - That's Not Osama bin Laden, That's My Neighbour
 
mentalfloss
+1
#782
I like this little dig on the Op's name.. Too true!

Quote:

Same with the name, Operation Geronimo. The imperial mentality is so profound, throughout western society, that no one can perceive that they are glorifying bin Laden by identifying him with courageous resistance against genocidal invaders. It’s like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk… It’s as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes “Jew” and “Gypsy.”

Guernica / Chomsky Half Full
Last edited by mentalfloss; May 11th, 2011 at 11:23 AM..
 
ironsides
+1
#783
Quote: Originally Posted by dancing-loon View Post

Here is a little help to educate the average ignorant North-Americans:

Interview with Osama bin Laden. Denies his Involvement in 9/11

I believe Obama is lying to his people and the world.

Very appropriate avatar, but bottom line, there are two truthes in this world, OBL is dead and there will always be loonies in this world.
 
MHz
#784
"Same with the name, Operation Geronimo. The imperial mentality is so profound, throughout western society, that no one can perceive that they are glorifying bin Laden by identifying him with courageous resistance against genocidal invaders. It’s like naming our murder weapons after victims of our crimes: Apache, Tomahawk… It’s as if the Luftwaffe were to call its fighter planes “Jew” and “Gypsy.”"

Lets hope they remember history if 'Little Big Horn' is ever suggested.
 
CurioToo
#785
Nag nag nag

If bin Laden's first name is confusing try using the correct one (see FBI Ten Most Wanted List) - it has been Usama for ten years or for
longer since he has been tracked down in the U.S.

It also separates the names of the president from the killer in discussions.
 
CUBert
#786
they don't release the photo of Osama because they believe it'll incite anger, but apparently admitting dumping his corpse in the ocean won't ...
 
DurkaDurka
#787
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

they don't release the photo of Osama because they believe it'll incite anger, but apparently admitting dumping his corpse in the ocean won't ...

It's as good a spot as any, Osama won't be having a jihad shrine this way.
 
mentalfloss
#788
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

they don't release the photo of Osama because they believe it'll incite anger, but apparently admitting dumping his corpse in the ocean won't ...

I think the official party line is to avoid disturbing people.
 
PoliticalNick
#789
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Very appropriate avatar, but bottom line, there are two truthes in this world, OBL is dead and there will always be loonies in this world.

Actually the only truths are everyone dies and everyone has an opinion. Everything else is open for question.
 
Cliffy
#790
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

Very appropriate avatar, but bottom line, there are two truthes in this world, OBL is dead and there will always be loonies in this world.

That's not true.
 
Unforgiven
+2
#791
Quote: Originally Posted by CUBert View Post

they don't release the photo of Osama because they believe it'll incite anger, but apparently admitting dumping his corpse in the ocean won't ...

Gather round and mourn the loss of fearless leader now. Bring flippers!

 
DurkaDurka
#792
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

That's not true.

Osama is alive?
 
Cliffy
#793
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Osama is alive?

three things: 1) the truth is relative, 2) we have no proof Usama is dead, just the word of a government that lies constantly, 3) loons are on the endangered list.
 
mentalfloss
+1
#794
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

three things: 1) the truth is relative, 2) we have no proof Usama is dead, just the word of a government that lies constantly, 3) loons are on the endangered list.

There's DNA testing confirmed it was him, I believe.
 
DurkaDurka
#795
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

three things: 1) the truth is relative, 2) we have no proof Usama is dead, just the word of a government that lies constantly, 3) loons are on the endangered list.

Why would Al Quida admit he's dead then?
 
Unforgiven
#796
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Why would Al Quida admit he's dead then?

Those jerks take credit for everything!
 
PoliticalNick
#797
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

There's DNA testing confirmed it was him, I believe.

Have you seen it? Has anyone outside the govt seen it? Until there is independant confirmation it is just propaganda.
 
DurkaDurka
#798
Quote: Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post

Those jerks take credit for everything!

They're really nice guys though; just misunderstood.
 
DurkaDurka
#799
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Have you seen it? Has anyone outside the govt seen it? Until there is independant confirmation it is just propaganda.

Pakistan confirms it, US confirms it, Al Quida confirms yet, I think that should put it out of the realm of propaganda.
 
Colpy
+1
#800
When Osama bin Laden died, he was met at the Pearly Gates by George Washington, who slapped him across the face and yelled, "How dare you try to destroy the nation I helped conceive!" Patrick Henry approached, punched him in the nose & shouted, "You wanted to end our liberties but you failed." James Madison followed, kicked him in the groin & said, "This is why I allowed our government to provide for the common defense!" Thomas Jefferson was next, beat Osama with a long cane & snarled, "It was evil men like you who inspired me to write the Declaration of Independence." The beatings & thrashings continued as George Mason, James Monroe & 66 other early Americans unleashed their anger on the terrorist leader.



As Osama lay bleeding & in pain, an Angel appeared. Bin Laden wept & said, "This is not what you promised me."



The Angel replied, "I told you there would be 72 Virginians waiting for you in Heaven. What did you think I said?



 
mentalfloss
#801
LOL

Good one Colpy.
 
PoliticalNick
#802
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Pakistan confirms it, US confirms it, Al Quida confirms yet, I think that should put it out of the realm of propaganda.

Possibly, but as our govts tend to lie and spin all the time and seem to have a propensity for misinformation until I have verified independant evidence of anything they say it is all propaganda. Most of the time I wouldn't believe the govt if their tongue was notarized.
 
DurkaDurka
#803
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Possibly, but as our govts tend to lie and spin all the time and seem to have a propensity for misinformation until I have verified independant evidence of anything they say it is all propaganda. Most of the time I wouldn't believe the govt if their tongue was notarized.

Well, it's not just the US government stating that he's dead like I said. I can understand being skeptical but in this case it's pretty clear that Osama is fish mulch.
 
Unforgiven
+1
#804
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Well, it's not just the US government stating that he's dead like I said. I can understand being skeptical but in this case it's pretty clear that Osama is fish mulch.

It's like a little bit of Osama in every catch!

 
PoliticalNick
#805
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Well, it's not just the US government stating that he's dead like I said. I can understand being skeptical but in this case it's pretty clear that Osama is fish mulch.

We have a supposed raid ina town where he was never seen according to all local accounts, we have a secret burial at sea so no autopsy or evidence, we have supposed pictures that will never be shown to anyone, we have supposed DNA testing that will never be independantly confirmed, and we have 8 other reports of his death over the last 9 years.

Lets also consider some of the verification. Pakistani govt, puppet to the US and afraid of US forces invading them for a multitude of already public reasons including supporting/assisting terroism and nuclear security. Al Queda websites, do you know where these sites are, have you seen them, do you speak and read arabic, is there independant confirmation they are actually run by Al Queda (which would lead to a whole new realm of questions regarding why we don't know more about their operations if its all over the net).

I would argue that the only reliable confirmation he no longer walks the earth is from multiple family members.

So do I think he is dead? probably. Do I think it happened at the time and place and in the manner Obama is telling us? Highly suspect when you consider how much this has deflected from his issues surrounding his birthplace/citizenship and the economy.
 
Just the Facts
#806
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

I would argue that the only reliable confirmation he no longer walks the earth is from multiple family members.

And the Khadr's, don't forget the Khadr's. Zaynab was the first to confirm it.
 
ironsides
+1 / -1
#807
He was given a service and dumped over the side of the ship. (Muslims have to be buried within 24hrs, or before the sun goes down) OBL was given a proper burial.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

That's not true.

Sorry Cliffy, I forgot your truth, as for the loonies, I was referring to nutty people not the bird nor Canadians.
 
PoliticalNick
+1
#808
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsides View Post

He was given a service and dumped over the side of the ship. (Muslims have to be buried within 24hrs, or before the sun goes down) OBL was given a proper burial.

Muslims are only buried at sea in the most extreme circumstance, not as a matter of course. I would call it more like disposal of the evidence, or lack of evidence.
Last edited by PoliticalNick; May 11th, 2011 at 06:44 PM..
 
Goober
#809
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Muslims are only buried at sea in the most extreme circumstance, not as a matter of course. I would call it more like disposal of the evidence, or lack of evidence.

Does not an extreme circumstance apply - Body parts identified by the NY Coroner as belonging to the bombers that hit on 911 were offered to the Saudi Govt for proper burial - They refused. While the Saudi Govt revoked his citizenship they cannot leave a person stateless if i recall correctly - It goes against a UN Convention.

So if the above is correct - then the extreme circumstances apply - 24 hrs - then the US had no other choice - But then again you imply that OBL is alive, or was imprisoned or killed years ago or this was all a farce. The Grassy Knoll is alive and well watered.


http://www.ipu.org/pdf/publications/nationality_en.pdf

“Everyone has the right to a nationality. No one shall be arbitrarily deprived of his
nationality nor denied the right to change his nationality.” With those succinct
statements, Article 15 of the 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights confers upon
every individual, everywhere in the world, the right to have a legal connection with a
State. Citizenship or nationality (the two terms are used interchangeably in this hanbook,
just as they usually are in international law) not only provides people with a sense of
identity, it entitles individuals to the protection of a State and to many civil and political
rights. Indeed, citizenship has been described as “the right to have rights.”
Despite the body of international law relating to the acquisition, loss, or denial of
citizenship, millions of people around the world have no nationality. They are stateless.
Statelessness may result from a variety of causes, including conflict of laws, the transfer
of territory, marriage laws, administrative practices, discrimination, lack of birth registration,
denationalization (when a State rescinds an individual’s nationality), and renunciation
(when an individual refuses the protection of a State).
Many of the world’s stateless persons are also victims of forced

Food for thought as the fishes feast on Osama.
 
petros
#810
Even Lieutenant Kijé had to be laid to rest at one point or another....
 

Similar Threads

31
Osama bin Laden was murdered!
by dancing-loon | Jan 9th, 2008
9
5
Who is Osama Bin Laden ?
by mrmom2 | May 24th, 2005