Canada and U.S. relations

crushem
Free Thinker
Given the mountain of evidence showing how the U.S. has manipulated, infiltrated, helped overthrow and otherwise subverted legitimate governments thoughout Central and South America during the last century and into this one, is there any doubt that they have been and are still doing the same here?

EagleSmack
As in Canada?

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by crushem View Post

Given the mountain of evidence showing how the U.S. has manipulated, infiltrated, helped overthrow and otherwise subverted legitimate governments thoughout Central and South America during the last century and into this one, is there any doubt that they have been and are still doing the same here?

Yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas today.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

LMAO

countryboy
No Party Affiliation

Jeez, I kinda' remember votin' in an election or two not that long ago and I don't remember any of them ugly ol' 'mericans forcing me to vote one way or t'uther. They seem to take a lot less interest in our guvermint that we do in theirs. (check a few posts and threads!)...

Now if yer talkin' influ-ence & neegoshe-eayshuns, that might be a differnt story. Mind you, we seem to do a bit o' that ourselves...fact is, I seem to remember sumthin' about a few people gittin' their nickers in a knot over our PM not givin' a strong enough influ-ence to China on something-or-other a short spell back.

How do you spell pair-a-noyd?

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Sometimes it's a whole country and sometimes it's one person at a time. Does that make one better than the other?

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

As in Canada?

Good question, EagleSmack. Maybe he means Austrailia or Germany???? LOL!

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

ROMFLO!!!!! Too funny.

Mowich
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Sometimes it's a whole country and sometimes it's one person at a time. Does that make one better than the other?

OOOOOH.....very deep, lone wolf.

AnnaG

The States has infiltrated us and is overthrowing us? Maybe you better let the press know. I haven't heard a words about it on the news yet. We aren't that far from the border either and haven't seen hide nor hair of paratroopers, jets, tanks, etc. I haven't even seen a car with a US tag on its bumper for a few weeks.

countryboy
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

The States has infiltrated us and is overthrowing us? Maybe you better let the press know. I haven't heard a words about it on the news yet. We aren't that far from the border either and haven't seen hide nor hair of paratroopers, jets, tanks, etc. I haven't even seen a car with a US tag on its bumper for a few weeks.

Well, you're just not in the right place at the right time. I saw a Hummer with Alaska plates the other day, and that just proves the invasion is underway. Everyone knows that vehicle was developed for the U.S. military.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a big semi with California plates, and it was easily big enough to carry a tank inside!

In the summer, there was even a tour bus with Washington state plates on it, going right up Hwy.97...probably a troop carrier in disguise. The windows were tinted to keep the interior a dark, sinister secret.

And just the other day, I looked up in the sky and sure enough, there was a set of contrails coming from the direction of the U.S.A. I am sure it was a nuclear-armed B-2 bomber out doing a practise run for the main event. It was right over B.C.!!!

Yep, I'd say there are enough signs out there to prove we're on the verge of a U.S. invasion. I'm going to oil up the old .22 to get ready. Right after I post this evidence - and I consider it my patriotic duty to warn my fellow Canadians of this impending overthrow of our government.

Mowich
Conservative
Countryboy

crushem
Free Thinker
Cute responses , good to see the quislings are still earning their keep

U.S. interests are heavily involved in Alberta's tar sands and that means big money and big money always looks for ways to influence the local politics towards their own ends. The best way to influence governments is to get your own people, or those who will be loyal to your interests, into that government. This is all poly sci 101 folks.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
China and few European countries are heavily invested in our resources. They are all influence pedaling at the provincial and federal levels. At one time the US was the major player but they are slowly being usurped by other interests.

What ticks me off is that we don't have the where with all to develop our own resources. Why are we let foreign interests trash our environment and take the profits out of country? That is such a third world thing to do. But we will invest thousands in watching hockey games! Something doesn't ad up.

TenPenny

This is all poly sci 101 folks.

Poly Sci is a pointless pursuit by people who can't decide what they want to be when they grow up.

wulfie68
No Party Affiliation

Do you hold the same stance regarding the Russians and the Chinese? After all they both occupied or still do occupy sovereign states for extended periods and seek to continue that domination politically after the military phases have ended. The Chinese, and various European countries also have large involvement in the Canadian energy sector. Imperialism isn't just limited to our southern neighbours.

countryboy
No Party Affiliation

U.S. interests are heavily involved in Alberta's tar sands and that means big money and big money always looks for ways to influence the local politics towards their own ends. The best way to influence governments is to get your own people, or those who will be loyal to your interests, into that government. This is all poly sci 101 folks.

Well, thank you for the lesson. Having foreign investment (not just from the U.S.) involved in developing our resources is nothing new...after all, we have a reputation of being "hewers of wood and drawers of water" and we collectively seem to be quite comfortable in that role. If we weren't, things would likely look a lot different.

All that foreign investment does have some benefits for us, jobs and money, to name a couple. (I believe we do get paid for some of the oil up there)

If there is a lack of national identity or strategy (something other than the "hewers of wood..."), other "interests" will flow in to fill the void. This has been touched in other threads (see "Should Canada Have High-Speed Rail?") but you will see that "we" don't seem to have a problem with our current direction. Or lack of it.

Carving out a long range direction and taking risks would be only two of the requirements for us to become the true custodians of our vast resources. Do you think we're up to the task?

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by countryboy View Post

Carving out a long range direction and taking risks would be only two of the requirements for us to become the true custodians of our vast resources. Do you think we're up to the task?

No. Too busy heading down to the pub for another beer, eh!

Kakato

So is China and Royal Dutch shell was one of the first ones in there.

Theres a whole bunch of other countrys in there and if you have even one mutual fund then your probably a shareholder in the oilsands too.

How ironic

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Yeah....I haven't heard about any incursions by Marines, any CIA supported coups, and bombings or extra-judicial killings here in months....Gee, do you think this new guy has fresh sources of info??????

Colpy
Conservative

No, it isn't Political Science 101, it is Paranoid Idiocy 101.....in a democracy people VOTE, they make the choice. Nobody I know has had an electro-psych control beam shone into their head.....Geez.

By the way, I can deal with being called moron, dumbarse, etc etc etc........I don't even blink.

But I'd leave off the "quisling" crap.....do you even know what it means?

I suppose you are comparing the USA to Nazi Germany, and Canada to Norway (or at least all our PMS to Vidkun Quisling).....which would just go to prove how ridiculously out of touch you really are.

Look it up.

Oh, and while I'm at, you and all the other yapping inferiority complexed little knee jerk anti-Americans should look around the world at the alternatives.....then get down on your knees and thank whatever God you worship that, if there is to be a hegemony in this world, that it is the USA. Full stop.

And that's a fact, Jack.

EagleSmack

So apparently our Canadian Fourth Column folks are doing their job well.

Quote:

Well at least he's not a Communications major.

darkbeaver
Republican

We should look behind the cheezeburger eating mass of American and Canadian meat puppets, there we find the Zionist scum of the earth riding their slime trails into and out of every western bastion of commercial democracy. A steady perpetual caravan of looted national treasures all vectoring in Israel, the ugly shame of humanity itself.
So while we're fond of beating Americans with print we will get nothing for it but a bit of unearned pleasure. Forget them they have come and almost gone completely down the memory hole.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by countryboy View Post

Well, you're just not in the right place at the right time. I saw a Hummer with Alaska plates the other day, and that just proves the invasion is underway. Everyone knows that vehicle was developed for the U.S. military.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a big semi with California plates, and it was easily big enough to carry a tank inside!

In the summer, there was even a tour bus with Washington state plates on it, going right up Hwy.97...probably a troop carrier in disguise. The windows were tinted to keep the interior a dark, sinister secret.

And just the other day, I looked up in the sky and sure enough, there was a set of contrails coming from the direction of the U.S.A. I am sure it was a nuclear-armed B-2 bomber out doing a practise run for the main event. It was right over B.C.!!!

Yep, I'd say there are enough signs out there to prove we're on the verge of a U.S. invasion. I'm going to oil up the old .22 to get ready. Right after I post this evidence - and I consider it my patriotic duty to warn my fellow Canadians of this impending overthrow of our government.

Come and hide on Vancouver Island. We don't often see US plates here. All the "different" cars I see are hanging onto Alberta plates. However, Britain could be invading the Island. I don't see their armed vehicles but they are living here none the less. Scots too. You never know who's going to be standing beside you at your work place.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

Come and hide on Vancouver Island. We don't often see US plates here. All the "different" cars I see are hanging onto Alberta plates. However, Britain could be invading the Island. I don't see their armed vehicles but they are living here none the less. Scots too. You never know who's going to be standing beside you at your work place.

Well if DB's predictions are correct...Canada is on the verge of a humanitarian crisis!

Within a few months Americans will be flooding Canada...starving Americans...seeking food I suppose. You better start building your tent cities for us.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Oh, and while I'm at, you and all the other yapping inferiority complexed little knee jerk anti-Americans should look around the world at the alternatives.....then get down on your knees and thank whatever God you worship that, if there is to be a hegemony in this world, that it is the USA. Full stop.

And that's a fact, Jack.

Ya! It could be China. If we are going to be invaded - USA come on down (up?)

VanIsle

Well if DB's predictions are correct...Canada is on the verge of a humanitarian crisis!

Within a few months Americans will be flooding Canada...starving Americans...seeking food I suppose. You better start building your tent cities for us.

LOL - Well, if we are going to have to build tent cities for you, it's warmer where I live than nearly anywhere in Canada year round but - you sure could have a wet tent. I don't expect to be seeing any of you in that context, ever. Canadians and Americans are almost one and the same for almost everything. On a personal level, I have always believed that one day in the not too distant future we may join the US as one country but not via invasion by either country. As a Canadian it's not what I wish for. Not because I am anti American but because as a Canadian by birth, I am pro Canada.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

On a personal level, I have always believed that one day in the not too distant future we may join the US as one country but not via invasion by either country. As a Canadian it's not what I wish for. Not because I am anti American but because as a Canadian by birth, I am pro Canada.

I truly would not worry about Canada and the US joining as one country. Canada will be Canada.

Mowich
Conservative

Well I've got lots of land here if anyone from the US wants to set up camp.

Mowich
Conservative

I truly would not worry about Canada and the US joining as one country. Canada will be Canada.

I don't worry about that either, EagleSmack, nor would I want it. We are two great countries in our own right and the fact that we have the longest undefended border in the world speaks volumes about our relationship. Here's to both our countries and a continued peaceful existance.