Lone Marine Ignores Death Threats to Stand Guard at War Memorial

Locutus
+6
#1  Top Rated Post
Bekkaa Coulson ن ‏@_BekkyC_

@minnman47 Ret USMC Major w 5 Purple Hearts stands guard at Ottawa War Memorial in place of Cirillo

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/198902-3-man-ignored-death-threats-stand-guard-war-memorial-marine/ … @BlueGood2

When you’ve completed tours in Vietnam and have 5 Purple Hearts to boast about, you’re already quite the hero. But for one retired United States Marine, there was more work to be done.

Marine Major R. E. G. “Fox” Sinke, Jr. heard the news that Corporal Nathan Cirillo was killed by a lone gunman while standing guard at Canada’s National War Museum and was spurred to take action.

According to Western Journalism:

more

A Lone Marine Ignores Death Threats to Stand Guard at War Memorial. What Happened There Haunts Him.

Thank you.

B00Mer
+2
Who the Fukk is giving death threats... a bunch of Islamic twats living in Canada?

Muslims are such cowards..

Thank God for Heroes like this in Canada.. what a brave man.
Last edited by B00Mer; Nov 8th, 2014 at 03:15 PM..

CDNBear
There's no such thing as an Ex Marine.

captain morgan
+5
Marine Major R. E. G. “Fox” Sinke, Jr. heard the news that Corporal Nathan Cirillo was killed by a lone gunman while standing guard at Canada’s National War Museum and was spurred to take action.

That is so cool!

To anyone that still maintains a fantasy that the USA or the folks that comprise America are not Canada's closest Ally and friend, I offer a standing invitation for my assistance in shoving their head all the way up their a s s

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Bekkaa Coulson ن ‏@_BekkyC_

@minnman47 Ret USMC Major w 5 Purple Hearts stands guard at Ottawa War Memorial in place of Cirillo

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/11/198902-3-man-ignored-death-threats-stand-guard-war-memorial-marine/ … @BlueGood2

When you’ve completed tours in Vietnam and have 5 Purple Hearts to boast about, you’re already quite the hero. But for one retired United States Marine, there was more work to be done.

According to Western Journalism:

more

A Lone Marine Ignores Death Threats to Stand Guard at War Memorial. What Happened There Haunts Him.

Thank you.

there will always be heroes...they stand for what they know is right regardless of whom they go up against

WLDB
Nice gesture.

Sal
+5
kudos to this brave man

it's not about country...it's about valuing right and human life

Angstrom
+1
He's got the right idea. Stand tall sir. You're made of the stuff real men are made of. Tough stuff.

The Old Medic
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Nice gesture.

This was NOT a "gesture". It was an act of solidarity, and one that he did completely on his own, to honor the Canadian Corporal that was murdered.

This man felt a moral obligation to do this. I salute him!

waldo
good on him; a good way to showcase the need to address the root causes behind domestic so-called "self-radicalizers"... causes other than mental illness...

CDNBear
"self-radicalizers" Bwaaahahahaha!!!

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Nonsense, they're buried all over the planet.

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Nonsense, they're buried all over the planet.

They're still Marines.

They didn't have orders to die, or faced a court martial. So technically, they're AWOL.

Last edited by CDNBear; Nov 8th, 2014 at 06:46 PM..

waldo

"self-radicalizers" Bwaaahahahaha!!!

allright, allright... I defer to your want to call the guy a "lone wolf".

darkbeaver

They're still Marines.

They didn't have orders to die, or faced a court martial. So technically, they're AWOL.

You were in the military weren't you? I suppose these undeceased marines continue to draw a wage then?

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by waldo View Post

allright, allright... I defer to your want to call the guy a "lone wolf".

One, he's never said that.

Two, our own "Lone Wolf" might take an issue with that. Of course if you're only issue is to make a mockery out of the tragic death of Nathan Cirillo, then maybe you don't care about that.

You were in the military weren't you? I suppose these undeceased marines continue to draw a wage then?

They aren't undeceased, they simply did not cease being marines.

CDNBear
Our wally enjoys fiction, he fills post after post with it.

darkbeaver
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

One, he's never said that.

Two, our own "Lone Wolf" might take an issue with that. Of course if you're only issue is to make a mockery out of the tragic death of Nathan Cirillo, then maybe you don't care about that.

They aren't undeceased, they simply did not cease being marines.

You know it's not like that for dentists.

SLM
+3

You know it's not like that for dentists.

Only four out of five of them.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

That is so cool!

To anyone that still maintains a fantasy that the USA or the folks that comprise America are not Canada's closest Ally and friend, I offer a standing invitation for my assistance in shoving their head all the way up their a s s

We will wait for your comments when you are obliged to assist paying off their debt. You will no doubt be front of the line with your gold and assets when the plate comes around, AND IT WILL. As for a head up a hole I think we can count on your experience. You'll no doubt send your children to their next war in the quest for democracy, well mine ain't going to help the worlds most brutal savage murdering thieving ignorant beast ever to stain this planet.

Corduroy
+1
That's a great show of solidarity, but do we have our own soldier guarding the memorial?

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

That's a great show of solidarity, but do we have our own soldier guarding the memorial?

Yes, they were returned to duty a day or two after the shooting if I remember correctly.

WLDB
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by The Old Medic View Post

This was NOT a "gesture". It was an act of solidarity, and one that he did completely on his own, to honor the Canadian Corporal that was murdered.

Which falls under the definition of gesture. They arent mutually exclusive.

Yep. They even had cops with machine guns there for a few days afterwards along with the ceremonial guard.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Yes you do, and the Marine who filled in was also your own soldier. He may have served in the U.S. Marines, but Maj. Sinke is Canadian.

Sinke arrived at the memorial at 6:30 a.m. and guarded the memorial alone until 9 a.m., when the Canadian honor guard and eight Canadian police officers armed with fully automatic weapons showed up, he said.

The Canadian troops were glad to see him there and allowed him to guard the northern side of the monument for the day, but the senior police officer was initially perturbed, telling Sinke he should not have been at the memorial by himself.

“He says, ‘God man, you got more balls than brains don’t you?’ ” Sinke said. “So I said, ‘Well actually, sir, I was kind of hoping that one of those scum-of-the-earth radicals would show up and take me on because, to tell you the truth, I have always dreamed of being able to confront an evil-doer and run him through with this damn sword.’ So he kind of liked that, you know.”

http://popularmilitary.com/marine-gu...death-threats/
Last edited by Tecumsehsbones; Nov 8th, 2014 at 09:39 PM..

shadowshiv
+1
Anyone that gave death threats to this gentleman need to get their asses thrown out of this country (since they obviously hate it so much). Or, better yet, make them have a face-to-face meeting with this Marine so they can tell him why he is so "deserving" of death. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that they would just piss their pants and wish they were anywhere else but there.