Jury selection begins in Brunswick baby shooting trial

Locutus
via Fark

Trial of man accused of shooting baby in stroller gets underway today -- after being moved 300 miles away to find a less-inclined-to-hang-him jury

MARIETTA, Ga. -- Jury selection begins Monday for the trial of a coastal Georgia teenager accused of gunning down a baby in his stroller.
Public outrage in Brunswick forced 18-year-old De'Marquise Elkins' trial to be moved to Cobb County, more than 300 miles from the scene of the crime.

Prosecutors say Elkins shot 13-month-old Antonio Santiago while trying to rob his mother. His 15-year-old accomplice's trial will happen later. The other teen is expected to be the state's star witness.

Investigators believe Elkins shot Santiago after the toddler's mother said she didn't have any money.

The shooting made national headlines and even caused Brunswick's mayor pro tem to be arrested for obstruction and influencing a witness.

The lowlife scumbag

SLM
+2
#2  Top Rated Post
300 miles for a less inclined to hang him jury??? I would think moving the trial to Mars would not be far enough away for that.

L Gilbert
Firing squad at high noon, naked, with a lineup of mothers armed with pellet rifles at 20 paces.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Wait. . . isn't that Trayvon Martin?

#juan
Hardly seems worth a trial since the verdict is/or should be known. How would anyone explain that crime? Well your honor, I threatened to shoot the baby unless the mom gave me money and when she didn't, I shot the baby. I can't think of a suitable punishment.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Hardly seems worth a trial since the verdict is/or should be known. How would anyone explain that crime? Well your honor, I threatened to shoot the baby unless the mom gave me money and when she didn't, I shot the baby. I can't think of a suitable punishment.

I can, but according to the news, it's already "off the table."

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I can, but according to the news, it's already "off the table."

For something like this, a quick trial in front of a judge to get a confession, and a quick execution by firing squad.

Mowich
+2
It's just too bad he didn't trip over those low-riding pants of his before he even got to the baby's mother. I've been known for wearing some pretty far out clothing styles ie my hippie years but it is beyond why anyone would want to wear their pants like this.