BREAKING: WABC: One dead in school shooting in Newtown, CT


tay
+4
#31
If the 6 year olds were armed, this wouldn't have happened..........
 
gore0bsessed
-1
#32
http://youtu.be/YAObRh2RQ8o

Connecticut School Shooting: "NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Group"
 
B00Mer
+1
#33
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessed View Post

Connecticut School Shooting: "NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Group" - YouTube

Connecticut School Shooting: "NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Group"

O.K. I have to agree with this video... to a limited point.

I like the idea of regulation for bullets.. a guys buying 6000 bullets online, really and nobody questioned that?

Quote:

Spree shootings never happen in Sweden, where guns are tightly controlled. Spree shootings never happen in China, where guns are tightly controlled.

 
petros
+1
#34
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

O.K. I have to agree with this video... to a limited point.

I like the idea of regulation for bullets.. a guys buying 6000 bullets online, really and nobody questioned that?

My local Cabela's flyer has a nice Mossberg/Mossy Oak tactical .22LR with the handy 10lb "grab and go" Remmington Bucket O Bullets with 1400 rounds of .22LR.

I wouldn't mind the set for Christmas but I could probably get it way cheaper than Cabela's at the gun shop right next to the drive through liquor in Williston ND.

A great shop few blocks south of Target on the main drag heading downtown. You can't miss it.
 
Locutus
+2 / -1
#35
Via Zip

Repulsive Lib Michael Moore Calls On Dems To Immediately Capitalize On Conn. Elementary School Shooting…



Tubby’s in rare form today.


Via Beltway Confidential:
Liberal filmmaker Michael Moore lashed out at the National Rifle Association this afternoon after news broke about the horrific shooting in Connecticut.


“The NRA hates freedom,” he wrote on Twitter. “They don’t want you to have the freedom to send your children to school & expect them to come home alive.”


“The way to honor these dead children is to demand strict gun control, free mental health care, and an end to violence as public policy,” he wrote.


Keep reading…
Michael Moore: The NRA hates freedom

Michael Moore: The NRA hates freedom | WashingtonExaminer.com
 
Risus
#36
The yankee gun mentality raises it's ugly head again...
 
JLM
+1
#37
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

The yankee gun mentality raises it's ugly head again...

Which has little to do with it, one lunatic does!
 
earth_as_one
#38
Why isn't now the right time to talk about gun control? Too much clarity?
 
Colpy
+6
#39
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

Why isn't now the right time to talk about gun control? Too much clarity?

It is the right time to talk about gun control......

To institute a tough background check, qualification requirements, and training for those who wish to carry concealed.

To encourage citizens to take the courses at their own expense, thus achieving at least the same level of skill as your average police officer.

To remove the restrictions against licensed owners carrying on school property.

250 to 350 million guns in the USA....you will NEVER disarm the bad guys or the nuts.

The only solution is to allow the good guys to be armed.

While you are at it.....take a long look at society. What has gone wrong?? There have been repeating firearms capable of being used for this type of mayhem since the Henry rifle of 1862. (lever action .44 RF with a 16 round magazine, "that dam Yankee rifle you load on Sunday and shoot all week") But this is a recent phenomenon.

WHY?????
 
Risus
#40
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Which has little to do with it, one lunatic does!

The fact that their law allows one lunitic to get a gun has a lot to do with it. Don't you get it?
 
gore0bsessed
+1
#41
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post


The only solution is to allow the good guys to be armed.

Yeah those middle school children should have been armed.
 
CDNBear
+8
#42  Top Rated Post
ffs, kids.

Why little kids?

Rest in peace kids.
 
Mowich
+4
#43


My thoughts and prayers are with all who have been touched by this tragedy. Gaia bless them.
 
Tonington
+1
#44
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

To encourage citizens to take the courses at their own expense, thus achieving at least the same level of skill as your average police officer.

To remove the restrictions against licensed owners carrying on school property.

Ok, I know you're a gun nut but that is insane. Average police officers spray stray bullets into crowded New York streets and injure bystanders, and you'd like to have more citizens equally confident in their abilities on the gun range, potentially doing the same thing as an average police officer at a school in a very real and very different situation than that at the range...

Quote:

While you are at it.....take a long look at society. What has gone wrong??

Gun porn. Lack of treatment for the mentally ill. Amongst many, many other things.
 
JLM
+2
#45
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

The fact that their law allows one lunitic to get a gun has a lot to do with it. Don't you get it?

Do you really think a guy who kills 26 people cares about laws? Don't be delusional!
 
taxslave
+1
#46
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

20 children between 5 and 10 years old.. o.k. this may change my mind on Gun Control.. seriously....

TAKE AWAY THE GUNS!!!!! TAKE AWAY THE GLORY OF THIS #$%$....... Like someone else said theres only gonna be more shootings.... the next person is gonna want to out do the previous shooter..............

Did you see a gun walk down the street and point itself at a kid and make the trigger work?

Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessed View Post

Connecticut School Shooting: "NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Group" - YouTube

Connecticut School Shooting: "NRA is a Domestic Terrorist Group"

cubby is a retarded troll.
 
damngrumpy
+3
#47
Today is a special tragedy, children murdered, and the life of a young man who is guilty
of nothing, except being someones brother is now marked by a facebook picture.
The howl will now go up for more gun control but that is not the real problem the problem
is the society itself. This idiot would have got a weapon somewhere legal or not but we
have to find some way to combat this type of behavior. It is a society out of control when
you see what happened right here in Kelowna where some fools set a passed out drunk
on fire. It demonstrates that its not America alone who has loonies.
There is a fundamental question however who's rights are trump little kids or the NRA?
No total gun bans and massive controls will not work so we have to find a solution of some
sort.
 
Kreskin
+5
#48
Imagine what those families are going through right now.
 
SLM
+5
#49
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Imagine what those families are going through right now.

I can't even begin to imagine, it's too heartbreaking to contemplate. I don't know how a parent could come back from that kind of loss.
 
Risus
#50
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Do you really think a guy who kills 26 people cares about laws? Don't be delusional!

I'm not delusional at all. Guaranteed the guy purchased his weapons legally. It is their law that is delusional.
 
JLM
#51
Quote: Originally Posted by Risus View Post

I'm not delusional at all. Guaranteed the guy purchased his weapons legally. It is their law that is delusional.

And how do you propose to prevent the sale of guns to guys like him without curtailing the sale to sane, law abiding, respectful people and curtailing THEIR rights? Do we examine the entire populace for mental health and issue colour coded cards that have to be presented for a gun purchase? What would you do to prevent guns thefts? Would any of the above prevent him from making a bomb?
 
lone wolf
+2
#52
Crazies are going to obtain the means whether they're legal or not. It's easy to mix common household cleaners to make gas.
 
SLM
+3
#53
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Crazies are going to obtain the means whether they're legal or not.

Which to my mind is the point where the entire argument for gun control falls apart. It just becomes a moot point.

Mind you, I think if you're going to sell them legally you should at least be vetting the purchasers to prevent the ones who might reasonably be a danger from obtaining that particular product from you. But trying to 'ban' anything beyond that is just a fool's errand.


Quote:

It's easy to mix common household cleaners to make gas.

Recipe is just a google search away.
 
JLM
#54
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Which to my mind is the point where the entire argument for gun control falls apart. It just becomes a moot point.

Mind you, I think if you're going to sell them legally you should at least be vetting the purchasers to prevent the ones who might reasonably be a danger from obtaining that particular product from you. But trying to 'ban' anything beyond that is just a fool's errand.


Points I've been trying to get across to no avail, but maybe with your style and sagacity you can penetrate some thick heads!-
 
SLM
+1
#55
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Points I've been trying to get across to no avail, but maybe with your style and sagacity you can penetrate some thick heads!-

Very unlikely.

If I thought for even one second that a ban on legal ownership would prevent the kind of senseless and horrible tragedy that took place today, you wouldn't be able to shut me up about it. But it won't do a damn bit of good.
 
JLM
#56
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Very unlikely.

If I thought for even one second that a ban on legal ownership would prevent the kind of senseless and horrible tragedy that took place today, you wouldn't be able to shut me up about it. But it won't do a damn bit of good.

Yep, you can't legislate against lawlessness!
 
Colpy
+2
#57


Elemenatary school class....in Israel.
 
Cliffy
+7
#58
This is insane. Every time something like this happens, the same argument breaks out between the pro-gun and anti-gun bunch. This has nothing to do with guns or laws. It is a symptom of a much greater and more complex societal problem. We can't even begin to get close to understanding why this happens without putting every aspect of our "civilization" under the microscope.
 
B00Mer
#59
get back on topic..

Elementary school shooting: What gun control laws might US voters support? (+video)

(gerry & lone wolf.. what you both must live in Ontario) LOL 2 reds.. oh boo hoo

[youtube]uJu3uxIxgkI[/youtube]
 
lone wolf
+1
#60
CTV News just said something about 22 kids and one adult being stabbed in China today. Nuts abound....

http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/14/man-wi...china-3316760/
 

Similar Threads

0
School Shooting in Ohio
by eh1eh | Feb 27th, 2012
50
Shooting at school in Minnesota
by Vanni Fucci | Mar 30th, 2005