Religions Needs A 21st Century Update

MapleDog
This is a semi serious topic i start,which is about all religions,which we know definitly need an update/upgrade,from the "God want you dead" or god want my to kill you" and "god gave me this land"
So instead of fighting one another to know who's right or who's wrong,we need to remove all the crap that separate humanity.
Buddy Christ - Scene from Dogma- YouTube
Last edited by Locutus; Sep 5th, 2012 at 05:08 PM..Reason: Moved to the 'Spirituality & Philosophy' forum

L Gilbert
Dunno bout you, but I kind of like the differences between people. For example the differences between men and women.

gerryh
and what "crap" do you want to remove?

MapleDog
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

and what "crap" do you want to remove?

All the crap that says we got to hate others,and all the inconsistencies.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by MapleDog View Post

All the crap that says we got to hate others,and all the inconsistencies.

The NT doesn't say anything about hating anyone.

MapleDog

The NT doesn't say anything about hating anyone.

Some of the other religious books does "apparently"

gerryh

Some of the other religious books does "apparently"

You didn't say "some", you said "all".

This is a semi serious topic i start,which is about all religions,which we know definitly need an update/upgrade.......

MapleDog

You didn't say "some", you said "all".

Some says you must hate,but basically all religions are full of crap,and inconsistencies.

As Rufus said in Dogma, and the quote is not exactly as he said,but "the idea got lost/hijacked"

gerryh
+1
#9  Top Rated Post

Some says you must hate,but basically all religions are full of crap,and inconsistencies.

I'll have to remember that my life is run by a bunch of crap the next time you tell us that your life isn't worth living.

Maybe if you opened your eyes, mind, and heart to God and invited Christ into your life, you wouldn't be whining so damn much.

darkbeaver
good advice gerry, lots of gods to choose from too, different colours and everything, I only use the one though, he wants a 21st century update, it,ll have to be managed properly and processed efficiently, globalized, most of this century might not happen anyway
Last edited by darkbeaver; Sep 5th, 2012 at 09:52 PM..

MapleDog

I'll have to remember that my life is run by a bunch of crap the next time you tell us that your life isn't worth living.

Maybe if you opened your eyes, mind, and heart to God and invited Christ into your life, you wouldn't be whining so damn much.

Its not easy to believe blindly,when growing up one noticeds the hypocrisy of the catholic church.

darkbeaver
well I'm out of here, don't want to get splattered

gerryh

Its not easy to believe blindly,when growing up one noticeds the hypocrisy of the catholic church.

Wonderful, and that has what to do with a belief in God our Father and Jesus Christ?