living in the 21st century with a 20 century mentality

gerryh
Store refuses to sell wedding dress to lesbian bride - Yahoo! Shine Canada

I hope she goes broke.

Cliffy
Reminds me of the words from a song:
"Things change very slowly
If they ever change at all." - The Eagles (I think)

SLM
What a small minded idiot.

I'm glad they published the name of the store, I for one would not give it my business and I hope others do the same.

In Between Man
Good for them.

Machjo
I don't agree with gay marriage myself, but at the end of the day, the shop is merely selling a dress, not condoning what one does with it.

TenPenny
+1
I am pleased by this. Next, if things work out well, they'll stop selling to them uppity dark-skinned folks, everyone knows they shouldn't be allowed to shop in the same stores as the rest of us.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

I am pleased by this. Next, if things work out well, they'll stop selling to them uppity dark-skinned folks, everyone knows they shouldn't be allowed to shop in the same stores as the rest of us.

Wal*Mart and Supestore would be barren wastelands.

In Between Man

C'mon now! A person being against gay marriage doesn't automatically mean they are also racist. This would be like saying people who support gay marriage also support communism, or some other notion that has nothing to do with the original principle.

Cliffy
+2
#9  Top Rated Post
God created gays in his own image, just like everyone else. To believe otherwise is to deny god's love for all his children. "Judge not lest ye shall be judged."

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by alleywayzalwayz View Post

C'mon now! A person being against gay marriage doesn't automatically mean they are also racist. This would be like saying people who support gay marriage also support communism, or some other notion that has nothing to do with the original principle.

Zoom - that was the point, going over your head.

Being against gay marriage does not give you the right to discriminate against gay people who are simply trying to carry on a simple commercial transaction. Either you are in business, in which case you sell things to customers, or you are not. Selling a woman a wedding dress does not mean you support them in other ways.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Store refuses to sell wedding dress to lesbian bride - Yahoo! Shine Canada

I hope she goes broke.

Maybe to be successful in business a good start would be to MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Zoom - that was the point, going over your head.

Being against gay marriage does not give you the right to discriminate against gay people who are simply trying to carry on a simple commercial transaction. Either you are in business, in which case you sell things to customers, or you are not. Selling a woman a wedding dress does not mean you support them in other ways.

Maybe she was buying it for her sister who is "straight".

windowsillsound
Bridal stores shpuld be down to taake money from anyone in this economy.

shadowshiv
The following is just one of the many comments from the article:

"It's her store, she can sell or not sell to whom ever she pleases! this is a free country last time I checked. If she loses business because of this, then so be it. We should have the courage to always stand up for what we believe in."

Apparently the poster did not read the article, as it stated "Furthermore, in New Jersey, it is against the law to refuse to buy from, sell to, contract or otherwise do business with an individual because of the individual's sexual orientation, according to the state's Attorney General office—which means that Saber did participate in an illegal action after all, just not the one she incorrectly accused her customer of planning."

So, she was wrong legally as well.

gerryh
Yup, morally and legally she's a douche bag.