Imagine this...

GreenGreta
Southern Ontario is just wonderful!!!

ST. THOMAS, Ont. (CP) - An Ontario couple were horrified when they woke up to find a snake lying on their infant's chest.

The month-old boy also had a small bite on his neck. The baby was checked out in hospital and is fine. The parents told police their son was sleeping in bed with them and they awoke at about 7 a.m. and spotted the snake.

The black and white reptile, a non-venomous California king snake, is about 45 centimetres long.

It had slithered away from an neighbour's apartment, where it was kept as a pet.

"It was lying on the shoulder-neck area." said Cont. Glenn Hodgson of St. Thomas police.

The animal control officer in the southwestern Ontario city was is investigating.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

Southern Ontario is just wonderful!!!

ST. THOMAS, Ont. (CP) - An Ontario couple were horrified when they woke up to find a snake lying on their infant's chest.

The month-old boy also had a small bite on his neck. The baby was checked out in hospital and is fine. The parents told police their son was sleeping in bed with them and they awoke at about 7 a.m. and spotted the snake.

The black and white reptile, a non-venomous California king snake, is about 45 centimetres long.

It had slithered away from an neighbour's apartment, where it was kept as a pet.

"It was lying on the shoulder-neck area." said Cont. Glenn Hodgson of St. Thomas police.

The animal control officer in the southwestern Ontario city was is investigating.

i would freak. No two ways about it. I tend to panic in emergencies.

Diamond Sun
Said, your signature has me singing. I love that silly song!

The snake thing is icky. Reminds me of a story I've heard from my father in law (about amillion times) about when he was living in India, and he told his mom there was a snake in the closet. She didn't believe him and told him to go back to bed.

There really was some big cobra (or something) in the closet, but he was more afraid of his mother than the snake, that he actually went back to bed!! Talk about a scary mom!

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by Diamond Sun

Said, your signature has me singing. I love that silly song!

The snake thing is icky. Reminds me of a story I've heard from my father in law (about amillion times) about when he was living in India, and he told his mom there was a snake in the closet. She didn't believe him and told him to go back to bed.

There really was some big cobra (or something) in the closet, but he was more afraid of his mother than the snake, that he actually went back to bed!! Talk about a scary mom!

OMG! Poor kid. I'm so citified, I don't know how I managed to survive camping as a kid. I remember seeing a water snake one time on the beach while camping and I refused to go back in the water for the duration of the trip.