What is Canadian Culture? your input.

chrisfer
O.K. the Question is name the one thing you thinks defines Canadian Culture it can be anything from food to sports to clothing you name it.
You only get one thing, no cheating, so make it the most significant one.

I'll start PRIDE

Giraldi_Theirrey
Facism

Reverend Blair
Freedom

Gonzo
Of all the countries in the world we are the most "FREE".

LadyC
Polite

Machjo
Spread all over God's Green (well, used to be) earth!

Serious! No wonder there are no Canadians in Canada. Every time I go travelling her in China, I keep running into more Canadians than any other foreigner. How's that possible with such a small population.

I'm sorry, but we're just spread way too thin.

Like butter on toast.

I'd never thought of Canada as a diaspora culture until I came to China!

missile
The CBC-the essence of all things Canadian

peapod
Your right missle, its the bulletin board for all canadians.

Canadians= Compassion

Paranoid Dot Calm
Canadians are docile.

I'm a paranoid Canadian and damn proud of it!

Calm

peapod

Rick van Opbergen
Hey, you are the Europeans of the American continent, what about that one?

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by Rick van Opbergen

Well, some of us are, Rick. But Canadian is not made up of only Europeans these days.

Mediana
Delusional.

peapod
You otta know medinia, your the expert on delusional :P

EternalSunshine
Relaxed.

Rick van Opbergen
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Quote: Originally Posted by Rick van Opbergen

Well, some of us are, Rick. But Canadian is not made up of only Europeans these days.

No that's I mean. Don't feel offended, but I have the picture you ACT like the Europeans of the continent, meaning that your political traditions, for example, don't differ that much from (Western) European traditions, or am I wrong?

Giraldi_Theirrey
Quote: Originally Posted by Mediana

Delusional.

I support this person's idea!!! Canadians are delusional 100%!!! Canadians see things that aren't there. Canadians exaggerate, come on to these forums and whine uncessarily over small matters and talk about things that totally breaks the rules of basic physics.
Canadians develop mood swings out of nowhere and it could even be in the middle of a canuck's sleep. so random that it makes canadians dangerous.

Canadians think that the whole world is out to get them, thus they always live in fear. This makes canadians extreamly easy to scare away at times.

Wild Canadians, who wonder in the wilderness are extreamly easy to be intimidated. Just push the panic button when you hear a canadian growl. Just make a quick dash, otherwise you will become a popular canadian dish.

Rick van Opbergen
Yeah, we Dutchmen are definitely going after you Canadians, beware!

peapod
The dutch can come any time ricky :P bring appelmoes with you. :P
Yes Giraldi I am sure you do agree with medinia bird of a feather stick together. Keep talking turkey :P

aupook
UnASSuming...We don't trust anybody, thats why we have kept our population small, to a select group. Most of us never lock our doors, because we can always stop you at the boarder. We are very friendly, if a man leaves home to do his duty, you can be sure his neighbour will take care of his wife, and put his childern to work. We do not discriminate, we make sure that every citizen has free mood elevators, whatever their afflication. We all meet at the clinic, the high and the low. We have better teeth than americans, and they are not capped, look at donald sutherland. And than his kid. We could go on, all the best smiles in hollywood are canadian. Look at the evidence Lorne greene, perry mason, jim carey.

If genetics is the name of the game, we are the future.

Diamond Sun
One word hey?

Diversity

Twila
Quote:

Canadians are delusional 100%!!!

Maybe one day you'll get to move up to using crayons, eh? Course that'll depend on your ability to let go of the wide brush you feel compelled to paint all Canadians with.....

aupook
To whom it may concern: As soon as you learn to bang the rocks together, we will talk.

Rick van Opbergen
Quote: Originally Posted by aupook

If genetics is the name of the game, we are the future.

Ehm aren't you taking it a bit too far?

aupook
250 years ago my ggggg-grandfather came to the colonies to find honest labor. He took a job with the local government, than christmas day george washington crossed the deleware to arrest him. So this is where breeding shows, he than decided to move to Canada. And fifty years later he was proven correct, when america sued for peace and we were declared winners. The only country to ever defeat america, and to further show the fine quality of genetic material in canada, one of the granddaughters married the president and the rest of her relatives came down and burned down her white house, while the rest of my relatives were looting it. From that point on we realize, we don't have to do the work, we just have to collect the dues.

Rick van Opbergen
I see, I see.

Mediana
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

You otta know medinia, your the expert on delusional :P

Yes, and as the resident expert of delusional psychosis I say its high time you layed off the recreational drugs and started your regime of "reality pills".

A taxi driver recently summed it up this way; he said that Canadians go through life like they are on opium, they are clueless about how the world really works.

In light of the recent "strippergate" scandal, I have to agree.

You have to be pretty freaking delusional to set up a special exotic dancer program and not understand mafias were destined to exploit it as a means of trafficking women for the purpose of prostitution.

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2004/dec/04120102.html

Canadians are delusional.

Twila
All right, who's handing out those damn kindergarten paint brushes?

Mediana
Need another example?

How about the appointment of Adrienne Clarkson to the position of Governor General and Commander-in-Chief of Canada... you can't get any more delusional than that.

aupook
Strippergate is part of bigger plan typical taxpayer, for the rest of the plan send a $1.49 in american funds please, through your local consulate.
Black hockey players are involved, but only on a need to know basis.