Happy Earth Day

Cliffy
-1
#1
this about sums it up...


 
Walter
#2
Read Paul Ehrlich.
 
Cliffy
#3
 
Cannuck
#4
So...?
 
Walter
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Wonderful.
 
Cliffy
-1
#6
“So, just as a junkie, when he’s addicted, has a physiological change throughout his body so that each cell in the body is dependent upon the addition of junk to keep him in any kind of state of painlessness, so the entire American consumer population is hooked on what you might call an oil-burner habit to sustain his daily life cycle. We’re injecting, in the United States.. we’re injecting..into the political..the body politic is a metabolism of the body politic… billions of gallons of oil, millions of volts of electricity, that run automobiles, that run the households, that keep us up all night, that maintain the communication networks, the television and radio. Every family is completely dependent on the services provided by electronics and by consumption of raw materials. We consume sixty per cent of the world’s raw materials with something like three or six per cent of the population, which means that we’ve got an enormous.. an enormous monkey on our back, like an electronic monkey, a raw materials monkey, and we’ve been so conditioned, over the last thirty years at least, to be dependent on that raw material monkey, that if it were removed now, it would be like removing junk from a junkie (and you can’t remove junk from a junkie, without him going kicking and screaming, like a psychotic state of need, and sometimes heart-attack, sometimes suicide..” - Allen Ginsberg
 
Cannuck
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

So...?

Ahem.....tough question I see....
 
Danbones
#8
Fortunately we have digital paper for times like this.
 
spaminator
#9
 
spaminator
#10
 
darkbeaver
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post




This planet has undertaken numerous near extinction events upon human infestations in the past and will will do so again and again. Yer worried about a non problem as far as the planet is concerned ,it already has an effective environmental plan.
 
MHz
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

This planet has undertaken numerous near extinction events upon human infestations in the past and will will do so again and again. Yer worried about a non problem as far as the planet is concerned ,it already has an effective environmental plan.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. . . . .
 
darkbeaver
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. . . . .


Cliffy will blame humans for the next super volcano
 
darkbeaver
+1
#14
Crop loss globally is alarming. Seems to be H2O rather than CO2, lots of biblical flooding, snow, hail huge deluges of rain, and rats. Lots of farmers late to the land, famine.
 
Walter
+2
#15  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Crop loss globally is alarming. Seems to be H2O rather than CO2, lots of biblical flooding, snow, hail huge deluges of rain, and rats. Lots of farmers late to the land, famine.

There be lots of food to go around. There be lots of despots who will prevent it.
 
darkbeaver
#16
GSM Crop Loss Map: http://iceagefarmer.com/map/


Europe Frosts: http://www.freshplaza.com/article/90... http://www.freshplaza.com/article/90... http://agroinsurance.com/en/austria-... http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Leba... http://agroinsurance.com/en/lebanon-... http://www.financialexpress.com/indi...

USA: http://agroinsurance.com/en/usa-how-... http://komonews.com/news/local/potat... http://agroinsurance.com/en/usa-plan...

Canada: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/infl... http://www.freshplaza.com/article/90...

Avocados: http://www.voanews.com/a/california-...
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fo... http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl... http://www.sfgate.com/food/article/M... http://www.cbsnews.com/news/looming-... http://www.wsj.com/articles/your-avo... http://www.theguardian.com/world/201... http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-... http://www.havasunews.com/arizona-fo...
 
DaSleeper
#17
https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/...climate-change
 
Cliffy
#18
 
Walter
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

GSM Crop Loss Map: http://iceagefarmer.com/map/
Europe Frosts: http://www.freshplaza.com/article/90... http://www.freshplaza.com/article/90... http://agroinsurance.com/en/austria-... http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Leba... http://agroinsurance.com/en/lebanon-... http://www.financialexpress.com/indi...
USA: http://agroinsurance.com/en/usa-how-... http://komonews.com/news/local/potat... http://agroinsurance.com/en/usa-plan...
Canada: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/infl... http://www.freshplaza.com/article/90...
Avocados: http://www.voanews.com/a/california-...
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-fo... http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl... http://www.sfgate.com/food/article/M... http://www.cbsnews.com/news/looming-... http://www.wsj.com/articles/your-avo... http://www.theguardian.com/world/201... http://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-... http://www.havasunews.com/arizona-fo...

Shelves in the stores are full.
 
Cliffy
#20
 
petros
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

You really need to crawl out of the outhouse basement.

I don't hate to tell you this but if Moses parted the Red Sea today it would still be one of if not the most diverse coral laden seabeds on Earth and it going to survive climate change.

https://teen.wng.org/node/5268
 
Johnnny
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

this about sums it up...

That terrible picture is exactly what is happening.
 

Similar Threads

22
Happy Earth Day
by Cliffy | Apr 24th, 2018
93
Happy Earth Day
by Cliffy | Apr 27th, 2017
6
happy earth day
by spaminator | Apr 22nd, 2016
16
This is a happy thread for happy thoughts.
by Sassylassie | Mar 14th, 2006