Whole milk

Walter
+2 / -1
We became empty-nesters last month and, lo and behold, whole milk, or as we always called it years ago, homo, starts showing up in the fridge. Haven't had homo milk since I was a kid on the farm and got milk direct from the dairy farm next farm over. Yummy.

Ludlow
+1
Always loved milk. Didn't get enough as a kid is maybe why. Now though, it doesn't agree with me especially ice cream. Guess I'll try the substitutes . sucks to get old.

PoliticalNick
+2
I remember buying real whole milk from the farmer down the road. Straight from the cow. It was so creamy and awesome. Such a shame the govt outlawed such good stuff in favor of the watery pasteurized crap in the stores.

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

I remember buying real whole milk from the farmer down the road. Straight from the cow. It was so creamy and awesome. Such a shame the govt outlawed such good stuff in favor of the watery pasteurized crap in the stores.

Gubmint ruins most everything it touches.

Twila
+1
I never liked cows milk except on cereal. I had a goat and enjoyed fresh from the udder goats milk with all the fat and enjoyed that. But only warm.

I sure miss it.

Ludlow
I use to like to put cornbread in a bowl of milk. Or, milk on jello. Or a cold glass of milk with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Gubmint ruins most everything it touches.

Is that why you don't use roads, Waltard?

AnnaG
+4
#8  Top Rated Post
That was uncalled for, T-bones.

Anyways, we get raw milk from a neighbour here. Yummy stuff. I find that storebought crap has less flavour and the flavour it does have tastes a bit off.

I agree that gov't sort of ruins good stuff. The commercial producers seem to de-nourish foods and then cram stuff back in. A lot of the time, it's the same nutrients that they took out in the first place. Then the gov't subsidizes these producers and the unnatural foods end up being cheaper than the unfűcked-with foods. It's a special brand of idiocy, as far as I am concerned.

Ludlow
Never had raw milk. Just whatever Mom bought at the store and was in the frig. The 2% I don't care for. I like the half & half in the coffee maybe that"s closer to the raw milk I don't know. In the city you take what is available.

Never had anything that wasn't bought from the store. Never cared for the 2% stuff though. I like half & half in the coffee. Maybe tha's closer to raw milk I don't know.
Last edited by Ludlow; Oct 15th, 2015 at 01:12 PM..Reason: messed up

Machjo
I love my soy drink, rice drink, and coconut drink.

Yum yum.

Danbones
+1
hopefully they don't decide whole milk might be good for a body
the swat teams have enough to do with raw milk and yogurt producers

Walter
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Is that why you don't use roads, Waltard?

Roads are built by private companies that are hired by the gubmint. The gubmint imposes all the regs and statutes that encourage cost overruns and work not being done on time for most gubmint projects.

relic
+4
Homo and whole milk are not the same, I was brought up on whole milk ,sometimes it was still warm when I got it, De lish. I credit whole milk for the fact I'm virtually indestructible. That and lots of wild meat.

Ludlow

Roads are built by private companies that are hired by the gubmint. The gubmint imposes all the regs and statutes that encourage cost overruns and work not being done on time for most gubmint projects.

I thought of the Programs in the thirties that were part of the new deal. The people involved who had jobs to put food on the table and a roof over their heads didn't mind that it was a government program.

mentalfloss
**** the 2%
Last edited by mentalfloss; Oct 15th, 2015 at 02:19 PM..

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

I never liked cows milk except on cereal. I had a goat and enjoyed fresh from the udder goats milk with all the fat and enjoyed that. But only warm.

I sure miss it.

Did you put the goat on the table or lie under it to suckle?

Quote: Originally Posted by Machjo View Post

I love my soy drink, rice drink, and coconut drink.

Yum yum.

Soy very bad

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Did you put the goat on the table or lie under it to suckle?

We had special milking stands for the goats. but we would just get a cup and the nearest milker and fill the glass. Goats are great creatures. They're affectionate and very tolerant when treated with respect.

relic
+1
And taste somewhat like deer

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by relic View Post

And taste somewhat like deer

goat? yep. But it sure does taste better then industrial beef, chicken, etc.

Goat meat makes delicious meatballs. delicious.

AnnaG
The way I heard it was that whole milk is milk that has not been skimmed of any cream. Raw milk is right out of the critter. Homo has been messed with by dairies. And you can also get 2%, 1%, skimmed, etc. in either raw form or homo.
I tried that soy stuff. Once is enough.
Goat milk and cheese and whatever is yummy.

selfsame

I sure miss it.

The goat milk is not like the sheep milk or the cow milk; the goat milk we call it zephir i.e. it has some detestable taste and smell.
The sheep milk is nearer to human milk than the other kinds of milk, while the milk of cow contains much phosphorus and needs to be diluted with equal amount of water when giving it to infants, but to older children and to adults it is OK without dilution.
The buffalo milk is full of much cream and fat.
The camel milk is salty: its taste is salt, but of course it is very good and the diseases of camel are fewer than other cattle, because of its grazing on thorns and herbs in the desert and wilderness.

Ludlow
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

The goat milk is not like the sheep milk or the cow milk; the goat milk we call it zephir i.e. it has some detestable taste and smell.
The sheep milk is nearer to human milk than the other kinds of milk, while the milk of cow contains much phosphorus and needs to be diluted with equal amount of water when giving it to infants, but to older children and to adults it is OK without dilution.
The camel milk is salty: its taste is salt, but of course it is very good and the diseases of camel are fewer than other cattle, because of its grazing on thorns and herbs in the desert and wilderness.

I've tried human milk by accident a few times. I'll settle for a strawberry shake from Jack in the Box.

AnnaG

.... in your opinion. Many people are raised from birth on human milk and then weaned from it till about a year after birth when they can eat solids and drink undiluted cow milk. Some people are simply fed on undiluted cow milk exclusively.
Quote:

You mean the thorns chase the diseases away? hahahahahahhaa

selfsame
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

.... in your opinion. Many people are raised from birth on human milk and then weaned from it till about a year after birth when they can eat solids and drink undiluted cow milk. Some people are simply fed on undiluted cow milk exclusively.
You mean the thorns chase the diseases away? hahahahahahhaa

Your people I did not speak about them: I said infants. Then when the child becomes older then it is OK
The wilderness and desert out of cities where usually no diseases.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I've tried human milk by accident a few times. I'll settle for a strawberry shake from Jack in the Box.

Human milk of the mother for the infant.

Twila

well, thanks for sharing your opinion. I like the taste of goats milk cause it tastes good. maybe where you live, goats milk tastes bad cause all they have to eats is thorns and herbs? Here it tastes awesome.

Diseases prevelant in the desert:

Plague
Typhus
Malaria
dengue fever
dysentery
cholera
typhoid

http://www.armystudyguide.com/flashc...cat=68&qnum=26

Not to mention the disease MERS...which is contracted by humans from camels milk....
Last edited by Twila; Oct 15th, 2015 at 03:58 PM..

AnnaG

Your people I did not speak about them: I said infants. Then when the child becomes older then it is OK

So you don't consider babies to be infants. Interesting.
Quote:

The wilderness and desert out of cities where usually no diseases.

Oh. You could have just said that to begin with.

gerryh

I sure wouldn't say that these are few.

https://www.ilri.org/InfoServ/Webpub...ONO5/Camel.htm

Then again, you aren't known for being that scientifically literate.

selfsame

well, thanks for sharing your opinion. I like the taste of goats milk cause it tastes good. maybe where you live, goats milk tastes bad cause all they have to eats is thorns and herbs? Here it tastes awesome.

Diseases prevelant in the desert:

Plague
Typhus
Malaria
dengue fever
dysentery
cholera
typhoid

Flashcard Section: Army Study Guide Flashcards - Desert Operations | ArmyStudyGuide.com

Not to mention the disease MERS...which is contracted by humans from camels milk....

This is only mixing and confusion.
The desert and wilderness, where usually camels live, in fact have no such diseases; such diseases are in urban regions.
Moreover, these are human diseases not diseases of camel specially in the wilderness.
The goat milk and meat are not like the sheep meat and milk.
Sheep milk has better taste, this is practical not theoretical.

This does not mean the camel has no diseases; but certainly less than other cattle living nearer to cities and urban regions where usually there is not such healthy conditions as in the wilderness.
Moreover, such military websites intend to warn the military from the diseases which they may acquire in countries which they consider as desert .. like the desert storm of Busch. So the Arab countries they consider as desert ... the religion of the Islam .. desert ..etc.

Their rancor and hatred reached even to the camel.. what's the fault of the camel?
Last edited by selfsame; Oct 15th, 2015 at 04:27 PM..

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

I thought of the Programs in the thirties that were part of the new deal. The people involved who had jobs to put food on the table and a roof over their heads didn't mind that it was a government program.

Attilla the Hun employed people, too.

Ludlow

Attilla the Hun employed people, too.

Good analogy Walter.