The History and Meaning of "Palestine" and "Palestinians"

Locutus
Summary ... Palestine has never existed . . . as an autonomous entity. There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are simply Arabs by another name.
"There is no such thing as a Palestinian Arab nation . . . Palestine is a name the Romans gave to Eretz Yisrael with the express purpose of infuriating the Jews . . . . Why should we use the spiteful name meant to humiliate us?
The British chose to call the land they mandated Palestine, and the Arabs picked it up as their nation's supposed ancient name, though they couldn't even pronounce it correctly and turned it into Falastin a fictional entity." Golda Meir quoted by Sarah Honig, Jerusalem Post, 25 November 1995
Palestine has never existed . . . as an autonomous entity. There is no language known as Palestinian. There is no distinct Palestinian culture. There has never been a land known as Palestine governed by Palestinians. Palestinians are Arabs, indistinguishable from Jordanians (another recent invention), Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, etc.
Keep in mind that the Arabs control 99.9 percent of the Middle East lands. Israel represents one-tenth of one percent of the landmass. But that's too much for the Arabs. They want it all. And that is ultimately what the fighting in Israel is about today . . . No matter how many land concessions the Israelis make, it will never be enough. from "Myths of the Middle East", Joseph Farah, Arab-American editor and journalist, WorldNetDaily, 11 October 2000
From the end of the Jewish state in antiquity to the beginning of British rule, the area now designated by the name Palestine was not a country and had no frontiers, only administrative boundaries . . . . Professor Bernard Lewis, Commentary Magazine, January 1975
Talk and writing about Israel and the Middle East feature the nouns "Palestine" and Palestinian", and the phrases "Palestinian territory" and even "Israeli-occupied Palestinian territory". All too often, these terms are used with regard to their historical or geographical meaning, so that the usage creates illusions rather than clarifies reality.

What Does "Palestine" Mean?

more

The History and Meaning of "Palestine" and "Palestinians"

petros
That's funny.

WLDB
+3
Oh well that settles that then.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Oh well that settles that then.

Now THAT's funny!

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

That's funny.

Well, if they don't exist, we can just shoot them all. I'm sure Israel would like that. Interesting that in Jordan there are more Palestinians than Jordanians.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

Well, if they don't exist, we can just shoot them all. I'm sure Israel would like that.

You know, using simple logic, most intelligent people have figured out that if Israel really wanted to eradicate Palestinians, it would have been done already.

Given Israel's might and ability, they could have done it with ease, a thousand times over already.

Quote:

Interesting that in Jordan there are more Palestinians than Jordanians.

They breed like rabbits.

petros
Jew was a political movement in a crazy state carved out after a civil war. They weren't liked by the Israelites or the Romans. After being punted Israelites moved in and became "the Christians" in Palestine which now included former Judea and Galileans and Nazarenes

there is a book about it.

WLDB
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

there is a book about it.

I hear its good.

petros
not bad

CDNBear
+3
I skipped to the end, the Devil did it.

MHz
Damn, now I have to withdraw that, ''It isn't cheating comment.'

damngrumpy
+2
Some actually believe in the Old Testament the land of Palestine was actually the
land of the Philistines and according to the old book the Israelite took it from them
too so go figure. No I am not anti Israel its just trying to simplify something as
complicated as this saying Palestine never existed as a free state, it sounds like
it did before the Israeli's arrived that is according to the book the Old Testament
and hell that was written by the Israelite s
The whole area is a dysfunctional mess

Dexter Sinister
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

You know, using simple logic, most intelligent people have figured out that if Israel really wanted to eradicate Palestinians, it would have been done already.

Given Israel's might and ability, they could have done it with ease, a thousand times over already.

Exactly. And Israel is surrounded by explicitly genocidal neighbours who *would* wipe it out if they could. Not only do they deny the Holocaust, they think it would have been a good thing to happen and they'd like a chance to do it. Israel has been made brutal by the constant need to defend itself against these loons. so I wouldn't suggest Israel is blameless, but I do think that tells us who has the moral high ground, if anybody does.

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Exactly. And Israel is surrounded by explicitly genocidal neighbours who *would* wipe it out if they could. Not only do they deny the Holocaust, they think it would have been a good thing to happen and they'd like a chance to do it. Israel has been made brutal by the constant need to defend itself against these loons. so I wouldn't suggest Israel is blameless, but I do think that tells us who has the moral high ground, if anybody does.

Morals are being voted out and replaced with buzz kill orthos. The future doesn't look good for anyone.

Dexter Sinister
...hence the "if anybody does" qualification.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

You seem to be a bit behind time as far as the facts, start at about 6:30.
Miko Peled Seattle. Oct. 1, 2012 - YouTube

I thought the 'loon' was Nazi Germany and all the other European neighbors in the 1,000 or so years before that that had been cruel to the Jew because of exiles. Arabs and the 12 Tribes have lived together for 5,000 years, if they were mortal enemies somebody would have won the war by now..

Take the mob hatred for the Jewish bankers away and the reasons for exiles drops by about 75%. Have the Jews in exile accept the relaxed dietary laws that are given in Acts:10 and they would not be demanding special status.
The common theme with Jews (today) is that they made up the OT from a bunch of mostly unrelated stories, so much for having any real claim to any land any place in the real world.

Perhaps the shrinks that thought arming a persecuted (real and imagined) group to the teeth and expecting peace should have their own heads examined before handing out ant other 'advice'.

As it stands they had to chase out almost 1M Arabs before their version of democracy could exist. It was a failed state that far back, what you see now is the effects of failing to own up to that fact.
Last edited by MHz; Nov 1st, 2014 at 02:29 PM..

CDNBear
+7
#17  Top Rated Post
Oh yay, more of MHz patented stupidity.

MHz
Not me in the vid or making claims that the Jews invented God. If you dislike it so much you would have given it a red.

lone wolf
What is the official language of the nation of North, Central or South America

CDNBear
Hebrewish

DaSleeper

I had a comment for his post....but I think you covered it all pretty well

MHz
Moral equally would mean the Israel Gov has the exiled Arabs being voters in the elections. The gift part is the Jews that were exiled to Israel (that has a strange sound to it) get to vote as they have been there for decades already.

Solve the issue in the UN Courts and give out large cash prizes as the only form of compensation. Jews being the ones to throw themselves on the financial sword would be something the world's general public would be hard pressed to find fault with. Like GWB and the all fingers wave joke, one funny moment doesn't make up for all the puppet moves he made. The big costs would be passed over to the 5 Arab/OPEC Nations backing the rebels in Stria as they would get tapped for all the unrest in the whole area. Their money is already in European controlled banks and they have a lot more of it still in the ground.

Central and South Americans know how to say 'Don't shoot.' in 10 languages.' Hebrenese is not one of them, they have a different one for that situation.

Zec:8:23:
Thus saith the LORD of hosts;
In those days it shall come to pass,
that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations,
even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew,
saying,
We will go with you:
for we have heard that God is with you.

CDNBear
And more.

SLM
+3

That has a patent??

Man those standards are set low.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I had a comment for his post....but I think you covered it all pretty well

The reason for you making a post is taken away and so no post should have been made but you made a post saying you weren't going to be making one for said reason. That about sum it (and your life) up?

Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

That has a patent??

Man those standards are set low.

Did Tosh make more in season one than in his last season? There is water-cooler banter about needing better condemners though.

And more.

You are so sensitive. Hebrenese will now now forever known as Hebewnese

DaSleeper
Like the pete and repeat riddle....only you don't get it.....

lone wolf
+1

Hebrewish

Possibly.... Schmuck is a familiar word

Dexter Sinister
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

You seem to be a bit behind time as far as the facts, start at about 6:30.

No, I don't think I'll bother. Anyone whose reality is governed by a uniquely twisted understanding of texts written between two and five millennia ago isn't someone I'm going to accept information from, and anyone you agree with is likely to be just as wrong as you are.

MHz
We are all Palestinians.
Enlightenment of the truth in the world [Documentary] - YouTube

DaSleeper
+3
You recommend a 2 hour illuminati movie.......I'll pass....and I doubt you'll find many taker....

You are beyond stoopid......misspelled on purpose because it's a mile beyond stupid!