inquiry about Canada

triedit
Quote: Originally Posted by Annalee View Post

The only one thing to add: people in Canada are far from being nice. They are arrongant, they don't see anything except for themselves, they care only about themselves and will never help you, unless there is something in it for them. Very cheap.

Did you visit Quebec recently?

darkbeaver

The only one thing to add: people in Canada are far from being nice. They are arrongant, they don't see anything except for themselves, they care only about themselves and will never help you, unless there is something in it for them. Very cheap.

Some of us eat babies and puppys and step on bugs for fun.

Annalee
No, I live in Ontario. And when I visit Quebec, I find people to be very polite and very helpful. In Ontario however arrogance is all over (I mean among English speaking population).

Annalee
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Some of us eat babies and puppys and step on bugs for fun.

Please don't try to turn it into a joke.

Like today even: neighbors deliberately were throwing snow on my front yard, but after I told them not to, they got all upset because "the previous owner did not mind that". No consideration at all. Like this is the way it should be. No respect to others' property. Though of course maybe it's just a matter of luck, the woman (neighbor) has no education and works as a clerk, and maybe more educated person would be different. However an educated person in Canada is also a rarity.

triedit
I think Im glad Im not your neighbor. Granted what they did was wrong, but you've got issues. My husband, a Canadian, is well educated and has a good job. The taxi driver I met the other day was a doctor in his country. The clerk at the Dominion near me is a retired teacher and just works for fun.

What do you do that makes you so superior?

Granted, as an immigrant, I find things to complain about in Canada. But it's not petty things like snow. It's important things like the wait in an ER or the liberal sentencing for felons. Snow? Bah. Throw it back and get a life. Perhaps if you "lowered yourself" to be friends with this neighbor she might be more sympathetic to your request.

From where I sit, it looks like you are a shining example of that which you complain.

Annalee
and i think, triedit, you are a good example of a canadian.
what your just wrote is totally arrogant. You don't know the situation and me as well. I was nothing but polite, however thee just think that they own the world and don't follow the rules. You know, there are some rules to follow i the property game??

And as for education, yes, in Canada people are not educated enough. You probably did not encounter with many, if yu think otherwise.

triedit

what your just wrote is totally arrogant.

Im not Canadian. Im from the US. Of COURSE Im arrogant. My morals are that I know this about myself.

Annalee
Then you should live in Canada. You would fit right in....

triedit
I do live in Canada.

Nice to meet you.

gerryh

what your just wrote is totally arrogant. You don't know the situation and me as well. I was nothing but polite, however thee just think that they own the world and don't follow the rules. You know, there are some rules to follow i the property game??

And as for education, yes, in Canada people are not educated enough. You probably did not encounter with many, if yu think otherwise.

I'm curious...... were you always such a moron....or have you had to work at it?

Dexter Sinister
Annalee, you appear to be committing the logical error called the fallacy of composition. You don't get along with some of your neighbours, for instance, and you generalize that to all Canadians. You've had some unpleasant experiences in Canada, and you generalize that to the whole country. You accuse Canadians of being uneducated, yet it's clear from the way you write that you're not very well educated either, or if you are it didn't sink in. Your spelling and grammar aren't very good, you don't write well based on the evidence in this thread.

I think the problem might be you, not Canadians or Canada in general.

darkbeaver
Westmanguys female alterego thingy.

gerryh
Well.... if one thinks so little of the country they are in, then get the hell out. I know I won't shed any tears.

Annalee
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Well.... if one thinks so little of the country they are in, then get the hell out. I know I won't shed any tears.

Ha-ha! That's very Canadian statement!

gerryh

Ha-ha! That's very Canadian statement!

Yup....and damn proud to be Canadian. You obviously don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

Annalee
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Yup....and damn proud to be Canadian. You obviously don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

I have to disappoint you, if you think that you are so Canadain, it means that you are just empty. Because being Canadian means to be plain, enjoy hockey, eat donuts at Tim Hortons and be nasty to other people. There is no long history and obviously no culture in Canada. Where are Canadian movies, books etc? The nicer looking actors, born in Canada, run to the States. Some of them even get famous, but mostly by making connections like that guy, who married Tori Spelling (and who for that dumped his wife and kids in Canada - probably really wanted to get out of Canada and get an American passport).

So cogratulations on recognizing that you've got no essence!