Canadian Tire Web Site Irritant

Rosebud
Yes, yet another CT irritant.

Looking for a product on CT's web site is a real pain. The culprit is the dreaded "Enter Store Location"(ESL) window. You would think it would go away after you were nose led into it's labrinth. The session doesn't retain the information you give it, but enters an infinite loop for anything you click on.

I never even got to the basic "Contact Us". A click of that brings you to the labrinth once again, and you dutifuly enter a PO code, which it recognizes. Well "finally!" I say. After clicking the now unlocked "Contact Us", I'm brought back into the ESL game once more.

I usually go to the website just to see if they have a product, then I go to CT to buy it on a chance. But I never get to enter it.

CT should create a site that is like a lobby and you get to see what is on inventory. This way if there is a programming glitch, at least you know the product is a typical item of CT, before you go into the site innards. At least if you are to retain the current system, make sure it works.

One last thing I always tell my clients after 30 years of computer programming, that after receiving a site from your site builder and you write him that check, always.....

Acceptance test.... acceptance test.....acceptance test.....

by people who are NOT computer literate. They will do a better job of exposing the bugs in the system.

MHz
Since the option of 'make this my store' is there already you should only have to do that once if you are on the same computer. If you are only 'looking' what does it matter? Something that might catch on is when you price-shop using an app or a website where you enter your postal code and the article (actual model number) you are looking for an it pops up wit two lists, lowest price and lowest price and in stock. The same place could give you any coupons that might apply and you run it off on a printer at home. Reduction to stamp size is allowed or it can be added to your digital wallet and then a map gives you directions to the store.

Would that be better or worse for you (you can also have your computer store all the info that you fill out for forms, not sure which button that is)

In my location people would have been laying out snare-wire and spring traps just to protect their gardens. (rabbits)

Rosebud
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Since the option of 'make this my store' is there already you should only have to do that once if you are on the same computer. If you are only 'looking' what does it matter? Something that might catch on is when you price-shop using an app or a website where you enter your postal code and the article (actual model number) you are looking for an it pops up wit two lists, lowest price and lowest price and in stock. The same place could give you any coupons that might apply and you run it off on a printer at home. Reduction to stamp size is allowed or it can be added to your digital wallet and then a map gives you directions to the store.

Would that be better or worse for you (you can also have your computer store all the info that you fill out for forms, not sure which button that is)

In my location people would have been laying out snare-wire and spring traps just to protect their gardens. (rabbits)

All good advice.

The options are many, and in the design stage they can add data base options. For instance if like they say they need your PO for the price of the option, then why ask?. They have the info, make it an option in the legend, and on a click list the prices at the various stores in a scroll page.

But some of the options aren't on the level. The features are actually meant to aid them.

MHz
The yellow pages in my bookmarks has a little map that maps out all the stores so I can zoom in on that to help in locating the closest one or the one that has the part, it doesn't compare prices but if Home Depot is closer and has the same part that is where I'm going to go.
Most of the computer stores have a big website and short on stock so that option is free shipping if the order is over $50 and then I don't have to go anywhere but I do have to wait for it to arrive.

Postal codes are handy for Kijiji browsing also as it gives you an indication of what part of town it is in, not so important in a smaller pace but why spent $20 on gas for a $10 part.

A few years back there was a site that would search the computer stores that did ship and it had stores show up that was coast to coast and the prices did vary quite a bit especially on the 'clearance items'.

IdRatherBeSkiing
If you don't like their website, you can always try walmart.ca or some other competitor? Why reward them with business if they irritate you?

TenPenny
I've never had an issue with crappy tire/s site; what browser be ya using?