Dow Jones

JLM
+3
#1  Top Rated Post
Take a gander at it this morning. Trump is doing something right!
 
petros
+3
#2
With the US being the top producer, consumer and now an exporter of oil it can only benefit the DJI.

It's been a Holy Grail quest of every President since Eisenhower.
 
Curious Cdn
#3
Trump's approval goes down, down.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/203207/t...al-weekly.aspx
 
EagleSmack
+3
#4
Look a squirrel!
 
justlooking
+2
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Look a squirrel!


A shiny squirrel !
 
Hoid
#6
Everyone understands the Dow is down ?

It eas 26000 in January.
 
EagleSmack
#7
The Dow is making you weepy eh?
 
Hoid
#8
Dow Jones sets 60 year record 132nd straight session in correction

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...ars-2018-08-15
 
Cliffy
#9
 
MHz
-1
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Take a gander at it this morning. Trump is doing something right!

One small question. If Trump is calling the shots why does the Pentegram correct him on what foreign policy is about? Usually he says something (good) will happen and they correct it and say no good is going to happen, what will happen involves moving military pieces around at great cost and they never actually get used very much. When they are against an armed foe it is a bigger disaster than it is a 'victory', in case you want to know what you get for all they money they are given.
You may want to put your coffee down, 9/11 saw that same military unable to do anything, yet Wall St was shut down in record time and if they wanted ATM's across the nation could have gone into 'service mode' and stayed there as long as 'they' wanted.

It isn't called 'a life' if you don't understand what the environment around you is like.

'Unaware' should be a keyword for our 'current condition', being determined to stay that way is insanity, period.
 
JLM
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

One small question. If Trump is calling the shots why does the Pentegram correct him on what foreign policy is about? Usually he says something (good) will happen and they correct it and say no good is going to happen, what will happen involves moving military pieces around at great cost and they never actually get used very much. When they are against an armed foe it is a bigger disaster than it is a 'victory', in case you want to know what you get for all they money they are given.
You may want to put your coffee down, 9/11 saw that same military unable to do anything, yet Wall St was shut down in record time and if they wanted ATM's across the nation could have gone into 'service mode' and stayed there as long as 'they' wanted.

It isn't called 'a life' if you don't understand what the environment around you is like.

'Unaware' should be a keyword for our 'current condition', being determined to stay that way is insanity, period.


Who is this "Pentegram"?
 
MHz
#12
Pentegon
 
DaSleeper
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

https://scontent.fyka1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38773926_2071732319567435_262698582283386880_o.png ?_nc_cat=0&oh=00242d301ddca3e492498b7da1948ad2&oe= 5BF7DD83


Facebook dummy
 
Cliffy
#14
Poor Sleepy, follows me a round like a puppy dog and I don't even need a leash.

I should probably throw the poor mongrel a bone.


 
DaSleeper
+1
#15
You must have noticed that I only comment on your stupid facebook memes.....non?
 
Cliffy
#16
 
MHz
#17
Hot off the press Comrades.
https://sputniknews.com/us/201808171...ctions-threat/
A senior US official has said that China is likely to buy even more Iranian oil after the sanctions which it describes as “long-armed jurisdiction."

Washington is prepared to slap sanctions on all countries that continue buying oil from Iran after the November deadline, including China, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing the new US special representative for Iran, Brian Hook.
“The United States certainly hopes for full compliance by all nations in terms of not risking the threat of US secondary sanctions if they continue with those transactions,” Hook said.
He added, however, that the US would issue waivers from sanctions to countries that have made efforts to reduce their purchases of Iranian oil.


(that would be every friend the US has, the decline they will all see is because Iran has other customers that are more important)
 
Hoid
#18
it made me laugh when China bought the oil from Iran.

wtf did they think the Chinese were going to do?
 
Cliffy
-1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

it made me laugh when China bought the oil from Iran.

wtf did they think the Chinese were going to do?

The US hasn't realized that they are irrelevant since the clown in the white house took over the helm. The US is the laughing stock of the planet. Slap all the sanctions they want, the rest of the world will turn their backs on the jackasses. The Trump administration will be left hold their own scrotum, abandoned by everybody but the few third world countries that depend on them to survive.
MAGA my ass.
 
pgs
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The US hasn't realized that they are irrelevant since the clown in the white house took over the helm. The US is the laughing stock of the planet. Slap all the sanctions they want, the rest of the world will turn their backs on the jackasses. The Trump administration will be left hold their own scrotum, abandoned by everybody but the few third world countries that depend on them to survive.
MAGA my ass.

Is that what you are wishing for ? Is that what is really happening ?
 
Walter
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Is that what you are wishing for ? Is that what is really happening ?

Yes, the biggest economy by far, the greatest power in the world by far, the most influential gubmint in the world by far make the US irrelevant. Progs and their thinking are easy to figure out. Reagan said it best,
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAgURdLJobU
 
Hoid
#22
Dow still down for the year.
 
Curious Cdn
-1
#23
Trump sure does thrive on anarchy.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45226228

Surprising and blind-siding investors is right up his alley.
 
Hoid
#24
How on Earth can there be record employment and booming economy and this flat Dow?

And this creeping inflation?
 
OpposingDigit
+2
#25
The U.S. government has been issuing more debt, but it’s not getting more foreign buyers in the door. As a result, U.S. investors have so far financed all of this year’s increase in the federal government’s borrowing.
Foreign holdings of the debt have remained essentially flat, though the government’s borrowing has risen by $500 billion, giving foreign investors the smallest share of U.S. government debt since 2003. Even as yields on Treasury securities have risen to multiyear highs, foreign demand for debt at government bond auctions has slowed to the weakest level since 2008.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/funding...ers-1534507201

The Fed can simply monetize the debt, if enough suckers/bond buyers can’t be found.
https://www.thebalance.com/how-is-th...g-debt-3306126

This is similar to check kiting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Check_kiting

But since it involves trillions of dollars, they came up with a more innocuous sounding term for the practice: Open Market Operations.
https://www.thebalance.com/open-mark...ations-3306121
 
spaminator
+1
#26
 
Cliffy
-1
#27
 
taxslave
+2
#28
Theft from who? Welfare bums that are too lazy to haul their own freight?
 
Cliffy
+1
#29
 
Walter
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Bullshit.
 

Similar Threads

3
Coleen Jones Wardrobe
by JBeee | Jun 11th, 2007