More the Marry in Bountiful, BC

Zzarchov
Quote: Originally Posted by WeeLeprechaun View Post

16 is over the age of consent. If okayed by the parents, none of your business.

Either they are smart enough to make decisions or they are not. A parent should not have any say in someone being married.

We should change that law. Marriage at 18, and no parently input. Parents have no business deciding the adult sex lives of their children.

Francis2004
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

Harleyhunny/WeeLeprechaun:

Your second attempt at joining this community has fared no better than your first. Should you choose to create a third account to join and troll this site, you will be reported to your service provider.

Zan, if this person tried to log on as Harleyhunny she will be back.. You can ask SirJosephPotter, IslandPacific, JLM or any of the Canada.com previous people she will not give up and will try to return in some form or alteration of someone else.

I remember her coming back as a alter name a slight difference like Zan / Zαn ... Can you tell the difference ?

Keep a close watch.. and most of us know when she shows up..

VanIsle

Further more Karrie as a person who has 7 day adventist in her family I take offense to your discriminative remark regarding all of them. Second I have lived in the town of Creston BC which in case you do not know it is the town next to Bountiful, and have been in these peoples homes, and they are a happy contented people who do not fill their lives with crap. They also are in their marriages by their own choice.

Harley: For one thing - we all take offence to your presence on these forums. For another thing, Seventh Day Adventists, are not part of the Church of Latter Day Saints aka Mormons. Note - Seventh Day - not 7 day.
You should remember those of us who know you can spot you in two or three words from your lightning like skills on the keyboard. Ha! No one can even type your name on canada.com because it is considered so repugnant.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by SirFrancis2004 View Post

Zan, if this person tried to log on as Harleyhunny she will be back.. You can ask SirJosephPotter, IslandPacific, JLM or any of the Canada.com previous people she will not give up and will try to return in some form or alteration of someone else.

I remember her coming back as a alter name a slight difference like Zan / Zαn ... Can you tell the difference ?

Keep a close watch.. and most of us know when she shows up..

She tried JLM also and she tried Vanlsle instead of VanIsle (isle spelled lsle) and a number of other things. She often includes the word Angel in her various names. Harley Hunny is right as well as Harleyhoney. She has a temper. Iggy - where are you?

karrie
Ah, so we're not the only ones who've dealt with her specific brand of 'debate'. lol. Good to know.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

Ah, so we're not the only ones who've dealt with her specific brand of 'debate'. lol. Good to know.

She could sing a few lines of "I've Been Everywhere" when it comes to forums! She hates me with a passion and you will get to see that and I won't have to do a thing.

talloola

16 is over the age of consent. If okayed by the parents, none of your business.

I have given my opinion, and it is my business, and mine alone, but if I do decide
to heed the advice of someone else on the matter, it will be someone of my choosing, and certainly not you. Your advice to me is no better than a dog
farting in my face.
I have much love for young people, I have 4 daughters.
I have just as much love for young males as females, they are all precious, and
their teenage lives should be honed and helped along with much care and
guidance, which will help them become proud young adults, who can make
thier decisions for their lives from an 'adult' perception.
Parents who give consent for their children to marry at 16, are not doing that.

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by Zan View Post

Harleyhunny/WeeLeprechaun:

Your second attempt at joining this community has fared no better than your first. Should you choose to create a third account to join and troll this site, you will be reported to your service provider.

Oh nooooooo!!!! Say it ain't so. BTW where did HH learn to spell; is that how we got fooled?

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

No they aren't. People like you are trying to impose your version of morality on them and I have a problem with that. If these people try to impose their morality on you and force you into a plural marriage arrangement against your will, then I'd have a problem with that too. But as far as I know they aren't imposing anything. They just want to live their lives in a way they believe leads to happiness.

At one time intolerant people like yoursel were trying to break up mixed race and same sex relationships. As our society becomes more tolerant of our differences, its inevitable that plural marriages will become legal.

By fighting to legitimize, either by persuasion, coercion, or through the courts, actions that run counter to societal mores is in fact forcing their morality upon others. What people believe will lead to their happiness is irrelevant, there are a lot of illegal or immoral things I could do that could lead to my happiness too, that doesn't make it right.

There is a world of difference between mixed race and plural marriages, a difference that liberals obfuscate in an effort to promote or legitimize their views. Race is an indelible part of everyone, it cannot be changed, you are what you are. Polygamy, homosexuality, philandering, etc. are all actions. Actions require a conscious effort; but you cannot stop being black, white, green with purple dots.

The government has a fiduciary duty to protect society at large and not bend to the whims of a small minority, especially when that minority is promoting actions detrimental to society.

lone wolf
She's ba-aa-ck!

Scott Free

Said1
Aw, the crazy, old bag is gone already?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Yeah, I was going to have a little fun teasing her, but probably just as well she's gone. She indirectly got me suspended off the other forum. (I wasn't very nice to her)

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by Islandpacific View Post

She could sing a few lines of "I've Been Everywhere" when it comes to forums! She hates me with a passion and you will get to see that and I won't have to do a thing.

You just brought to mind Blackmores punishment: A chorus line of twenty women singing NOT TONITE DEAR, I'VE GOT HEADACHE.

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yeah, I was going to have a little fun teasing her, but probably just as well she's gone. She indirectly got me suspended off the other forum. (I wasn't very nice to her)

Maybe we should invite Mr.Crow over to do battle with her... , hmmm, maybe not...

Francis2004
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1 View Post

Word to the wise.. This person is not gone and probably has had 3 different accounts running as we "Type"..

She was actually civil under one account for a year but finally gave herself away when she could no longer be mean to herself.

earth_as_one
Quote: Originally Posted by bobnoorduyn View Post

By fighting to legitimize, either by persuasion, coercion, or through the courts, actions that run counter to societal mores is in fact forcing their morality upon others. What people believe will lead to their happiness is irrelevant, there are a lot of illegal or immoral things I could do that could lead to my happiness too, that doesn't make it right.

There is a world of difference between mixed race and plural marriages, a difference that liberals obfuscate in an effort to promote or legitimize their views. Race is an indelible part of everyone, it cannot be changed, you are what you are. Polygamy, homosexuality, philandering, etc. are all actions. Actions require a conscious effort; but you cannot stop being black, white, green with purple dots.

The government has a fiduciary duty to protect society at large and not bend to the whims of a small minority, especially when that minority is promoting actions detrimental to society.

I'm a straight guy and lead a monogomous devoted husband lifestyle by free choice. But I recognize that not everyone can find happiness by living my lifestyle and I'm ok with whatever goes on between consenting adults as long as it doesn't affect me. IMO, a secret affair is not a consenting relationship and I have a problem with that. In a plural relationship, everyone in the relationship should be aware and consenting. Plural marriages meet that requirement.

I can see how your version of morality and our antiquated laws adversely affects these people's lives. But I can't see how their version of morality affects your life, even after our laws change to allow Canadians greater freedom to find happiness in their "personal" relationships.

What these people do, doesn't affect you or me, it affects them. As long as they are happy with it, that's their business not mine or yours or at least it shouldn't be.

Yes the government should have a fiduciary duty to protect Canadians from people like you, who would like to make everyone else miserable. But that's not the way the law worked regarding homosexuality until recently.

Not everyone finds happiness by monogomous male/female, missionary position, no oral or anal sex relationships. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms includes the right to liberty, which protects an individual's freedom to act without physical restraint (i.e., imprisonment would be inconsistent with liberty unless it is consistent with fundamental justice). However, the right has been extended to include the power to make important personal choices. The court described it as "[touching] the core of what it means to be an autonomous human being blessed with dignity and independence in matters that can be characterized as fundamentally or inherently personal."

Section Seven of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Homosexuality and plural marriages are "personal" choices and as such are protected rights. Protected from people like you who would like to stick their noses in other people's business and interfere with their happiness.

About time this went to court. When they win (and they will win) they'll finally be protected from people like you.

earth_as_one
Charges dropped:
Quote:

Polygamy charges in Bountiful, B.C., thrown out
Last Updated: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 | 7:03 PM PT Comments383Recommend155CBC News
Winston Blackmore, a religious leader of the polygamous community of Bountiful, in the B.C. Interior, shares a laugh with six of his daughters and some of his grandchildren in April last year. (Jonathan Hayward/Canadian Press)A B.C. court has thrown out polygamy charges against two religious leaders, ruling former B.C. attorney general Wally Oppal was wrong to ask a third special prosecutor to take the case after the first two prosecutors decided the men should not be charged.

B.C. Supreme Court Judge Sunni Stromberg-Stein ruled Wednesday that the attorney general did not have the authority to appoint a new special prosecutor to consider the cases of Winston Blackmore and James Oler of Bountiful, B.C., after the first special prosecutors recommended against charges.

Blackmore and Oler had petitioned the court to stay the charges, arguing that the B.C. attorney general had gone "special prosecutor shopping" until he found someone who would go ahead with charges.

The judge agreed, ruling the appointment of special prosecutor Terrence Robertson — and therefore the decision to charge the men — was "unlawful."...

CBC News - British Columbia - Polygamy charges in Bountiful, B.C., thrown out

#juan
I just finished reading a book called "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop. The book pretty much follows the life of a young lady who was basically forced into a marriage and who had eight children in fifteen years before she was able to escape from the tyranny of the elders in the Fundamentalist Latter day Saints. She had to go to court to prevent the church from dragging her back to the hell she had fought to escape from. A hell where a man can push his daughter of fifteen into a marriage with a church alder(an old man) for political reasons and the daughter can't do a thing about it.

I had a sister who was a Mormon, and she and her husband were prodded to get her whole family into that bloody church. The Mormon church alders called on us several times a week until I demanded they stop and threatened court action.

VanIsle
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_one View Post

Charges dropped:

What a sad sad day for the child brides of Bountiful.Your thinking in the matter of plural marriages is flawed.

petros
So Mormosexualism is A-OK! We wouldn't have this problem with Mormosexuals and Mormofascists if we had tighter immigration laws. Coming here from strange lands with their weirdo ways taking all our good Christian jobs. Who do they think they are?

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

What a sad sad day for the child brides of Bountiful.Your thinking in the matter of plural marriages is flawed.

Here is another thing: Young men are thrown out so they won't be competition for the elders to get young women.

karrie
Now what they need to do is find proof, or change the law, surrounding the child brides that get drug into this. These girls deserve rescue, they deserve that the elders face charges. The courts have just gone about it from the wrong angle.

petros
Harper could take a few lessons from Clinton.

Label the Mormosexuals terrorists like the Branch Davidians and torch the lot of them.

I doubt a can of ashes could go to the Supreme Court and win.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Harper could take a few lessons from Clinton.

Label the Mormosexuals terrorists like the Branch Davidians and torch the lot of them.

I doubt a can of ashes could go to the Supreme Court and win.

yes... incinerating the girls would be better than creating proper laws to protect them.

petros
Tell me how does this differ from Afghanistan where innocent kids are vapourized daily by thousand pound bombs falling from 10km high? Collateral damage is sometimes a price you have to pay for peace right?

petros

Tell me how does this differ from Afghanistan where innocent kids are daily vapourized by thousand pound bombs falling from 10km high? Collateral damage is sometimes a price you have to pay for peace right?

Oh and how many kids was it that Clinton cooked without remorse? If it worked in Texas it will work in BC.

Ron in Regina
So if Canada actually recalls its Troops from Afghanistan in 2011, they do a
fly over of Bountiful, BC on the way home then? Lighten their load before
landing?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

So if Canada actually recalls its Troops from Afghanistan in 2011, they do a
fly over of Bountiful, BC on the way home then? Lighten their load before
landing?

You got it Pontiac!

Any jackass coud start claiming anything as a religious right if given the chance.

You've got to draw the line somewhere and Clinton had the right idea.

VanIsle

You got it Pontiac!

Any jackass coud start claiming anything as a religious right if given the chance.

You've got to draw the line somewhere and Clinton had the right idea.

Okay Pal. You've lost me in your thoughts. I took it in the beginning you meant the elders. Do you really mean the children?