Official Canadian Artists Thread


mentalfloss
#1
Let's start this one off on the right foot.

Tommy Hunter - YouTube
 
Mowich
#2
Anne Murray
Ian Tyson
Gordon Lightfoot
Neil Young
Robbie Robertson
 
petros
#3
Hot corn, cold corn bring along the demijohn.....

Flatt and Scruggs....

Good choice.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Anne Murray
Ian Tyson
Gordon Lightfoot
Neil Young
Robbie Robertson

No Sylvia Tyson? Ever heard their boys play?
The Sadies - 'The Horseshoe' Rat Fink video - YouTube
 
mentalfloss
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Hot corn, cold corn bring along the demijohn.....

Flatt and Scruggs....

Good choice.

No Sylvia Tyson? Ever heard their boys play?

Never heard of the Sadies, but that's really good stuff. Will have to do some ipodding tonight. Any recommendations on which album?

Some Neil in the meantime..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVC2cszdTao
 
petros
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Never heard of the Sadies, but that's really good stuff. Will have to do some ipodding tonight. Any recommendations on which album?

Start at the beginning. Precious Moments
 
Mowich
#6
Used to be a big fan of Slyvia but haven't heard anything of her's lately. Didn't know their boys were into music too. Another one for my list - Buffy Ste. Marie. Oh, and how could I forget...........Stan Rogers! Listenin' to Fogarty's Cove right now. What a voice. Actually saw a Mayday program on the plane crash that Stan died in.
 
TenPenny
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post


No Sylvia Tyson? Ever heard their boys play?

Ian and Sylvia were interviewed (together) recently on Q on CBC radio, first time they've been interviewed together in years.
 
petros
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Ian and Sylvia were interviewed (together) recently on Q on CBC radio, first time they've been interviewed together in years.

I heard that interview too. Giam is an excellent interviewer and has excellent insight into what makes Canada tick.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Used to be a big fan of Slyvia but haven't heard anything of her's lately. Didn't know their boys were into music too. Another one for my list - Buffy Ste. Marie. Oh, and how could I forget...........Stan Rogers! Listenin' to Fogarty's Cove right now. What a voice. Actually saw a Mayday program on the plane crash that Stan died in.

Buffy....a good local talent that goes unappreciated these days.
 
TenPenny
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I heard that interview too. Giam is an excellent interviewer and has excellent insight into what makes Canada tick.

Nothing beats his interview a year or two ago with BillyBobThornton...I was crackfilling one day, listening to it live, and just couldn't believe my ears, it went so far off the rails.
 
Mowich
+1
#10  Top Rated Post
Another bunch of talent that doesn't get heard enough............Buddy What's His Name and the Other Fellas.
 
petros
#11
the sadies - 1000 cities falling - YouTube
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
#12
Diana Krall - Just The Way You Are - YouTube
 
Locutus
#13
I'll call these two genius writers, composers, producers and general behind-the-scenes guys 'builders' in the Hall of Fame:


Paul Anka
David Foster



Wouldn't have been without Paul:


Tom Jones - She's a lady - YouTube





A bit from the lesser-known Foster vault:

SKYLARK (DAVID FOSTER) WILDFLOWER - YouTube
 
Nuggler
+1
#14
Sorry, Tommy's a dork! I have links.
 
spaminator
#15

Date of release: 23/03/2010
Format: DVD
Catalogue number: W91R28413
Studio: EMI


Date of release: 22/05/2007
Format: DVD
Catalogue number: E91E89638
Studio: VIRGIN


Date of release: 23/09/2008
Format: DVD
Catalogue number: HEJDVD01
Studio: SLEEPING GIANT MUSIC
 
JLM
#16
Slim Dusty - A Pub With No Beer - YouTube
 
mentalfloss
#17
Okay, time to spice this bitch up a bit..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PezbK...eature=related

..funny..i can say bitch but not s!ut
 
Locutus
+1
#18
Before Jackson thought one glove looked cool, Kenny Shields had already been there:

Under My Thumb-Streetheart-1979 - YouTube

Streetheart - Action - YouTube


As for the rest, you're welcome:

EIGHT SECONDS - kiss you (when it's dangerous) - YouTube

Peter Pringle - YOU REALLY GOT ME NEEDING YOU NOW.wmv - YouTube

ReUnion 86 Cooper Brothers 3 Know Her When I See Her - YouTube

Big Hard Sun - Remastered - YouTube

CopperPenny - YouTube

Mashmakhan - As The Years Go By - YouTube

Abraham's Children - Gypsy (1973) - YouTube

Gordon Lightfoot - Rainy Day People - YouTube

Christopher Ward - Once In A Long Time - YouTube

B.T.O. - Not Fragile - YouTube

The Stampeders- Minstrel Gypsy - YouTube

April Wine - You Could Have Been A Lady - YouTube

Chalk Circle - April Fool [Stereo Audio] - YouTube

April Wine - Comin' Right Down On Top Of Me - YouTube

IAN THOMAS - HOLD ON - YouTube

Ian Thomas- Coming home - YouTube

Jackson Hawke - You Can't Dance - YouTube

Michel Pagliaro - What The Hell I Got - YouTube

Mandala - Love-Itis - YouTube



And an RIP to prostate cancer victimDomenic Troiano

Life is a precious gift my friend, don't waste it away now...

We All Need Love - YouTube
 
TenPenny
#19
Christopher Ward! Late of 'The Next Star' on YTV.

How about Jane Sibberry - I'd Probably Be Famous Now, If I Wasn't Such a Good Waitress.

 
Locutus
#20
[QUOTE=TenPenny;1482733]Christopher Ward! Late of 'The Next Star' on YTV.

QUOTE]


And Much Music.



Now this guy didn't make me wanna order from Pizza Nova but all the same:


Alfie Zappacosta - Nothing Could Stand In Your Way - YouTube
 
mentalfloss
#21
Thanks to Durka for the reminder of this incredible band.

Arcade Fire - No Cars Go (on BBC Radio 2 Session) | Part 4 of 10 | DVB-S Version - YouTube
 
petros
#22
My wife's favourite....

Sarah Slean Black Flowers - YouTube
 
mentalfloss
+1
#23
Incredible pipes on her. Ipod will reach max. capacity soon.

The Tragically Hip - New Orleans is Sinking (Westwind) - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrY_d3epq48
Last edited by mentalfloss; Oct 1st, 2011 at 09:09 AM..
 
CDNBear
+1
#24
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm_UQkrpJE0&ob=av2n

 
Locutus
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm_UQkrpJE0&ob=av2n


Our chum will love that!


Now back to the show:


The Rodeo Song.wmv - YouTube
 

Similar Threads

566
43
The Official Bear's anti UN thread...
by CDNBear | Jan 2nd, 2011
1
Canadian artists
by Indiechick | Jul 10th, 2007