COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

Avro52
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

A Mitigation Disaster
A national stay-at-home order would be deadlier than COVID-19.
Thomas Sowell famously wrote, “Only in government is any benefit, however small, considered to be worth any cost, however large.”

https://spectator.org/a-mitigation-disaster/
Yep. Gubmints most always get things wrong.

I'll assume you will post pictures of your Easter Sunday event at church.

Looking forward to it.

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Maybe THEY'RE the same person.

Rent free.

Blackleaf
+1
I've just seen on Sky News that the Government is going to be looking, in the next few days, on whether or not to end the lockdown.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak has said he wants an end to the lockdown otherwise "there won't be an economy left."

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

I've just seen on Sky News that the Government is going to be looking, in the next few days, on whether or not to end the lockdown.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak has said he wants an end to the lockdown otherwise "there won't be an economy left."

They should end the lockdown.

All this fuss over a bit of a cold.

Mockingbird
+2

No, they're not. They're not reporting what symptoms Boris has got.
Two numpties on here have already said he's on a ventilator, even though he isn't.

Yes, they are. I know there is no convincing you and that's okay because you're probably just pushing back for the sake of pushing back. But the reality is that the articles linked both state that his coronavirus symptoms have worsened. I will say though, that I hope you're right. I hope he does just have the sniffles, that would be awesome. But that's a whole lotta hoopla over the sniffles.

Blackleaf
Mr Sunak has argued that unless a clear path is mapped out now for a hasty return to normal activity, then the country could face devastating economic damage. Critics of Health Secretary Matt Hancock - who wants to keep the lockdown going for longer - argue he’s underplaying the long-term economic destruction caused by the lockdown.

The precise decision on the extension of the coronavirus lockdown rules cannot be made until Good Friday as this is the earliest point the lockdown’s effects will register on the infection figures (which are falling rapidly).

Conservative journalists Peter Hitchens and Toby Young warned about the ‘hidden death toll’ of the lockdown which includes the rise of ‘excess morbidity’ - due to mental illness, unemployment or missing hospital appointments for critical conditions such as cancer.

Toby Young wrote: “It is an incredibly delicate issue. No one wants to be seen to be doing a crude calculus of pounds-for-lives, or debating whether a 90-year-old’s life is ‘worth’ saving.

“And for the most part everyone is being very grown up about it. But we cannot come out of this having destroyed the economy for the best part of a generation.

“Hancock is desperate not to have an overloaded NHS, with patients gasping on ventilators in an army field hospital, on his CV.”

He continued: “But the damage to society of a severe lockdown could have even more far-reaching consequences.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exp...is-Johnson/amp

Avro52
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

They have a name for people who don't think the stay at home order is good.. Covidiots.
Is that what you are promoting??

Trust me.

Walt is hiding under his bed.

Weakness is his truth,

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Avro52 View Post

Trust me.
Walt is hiding under his bed.
Weakness is his truth,

Rent free. You can't post enough about me.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post

Yes, they are. I know there is no convincing you and that's okay because you're probably just pushing back for the sake of pushing back. But the reality is that the articles linked both state that his coronavirus symptoms have worsened. I will say though, that I hope you're right. I hope he does just have the sniffles, that would be awesome. But that's a whole lotta hoopla over the sniffles.

And yet I heard one former Tory MP on Sky News tonight saying that Boris may be in intensive care over some other medical issue that's not coronavirus.

I wouldn't believe everything the mainstream media tell you.

B00Mer
+2 / -1

...and like your God (Trump) you love it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp-IvkTohbs

(love the comments)

Avro52
+3

Triggered.

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

Mr Sunak has argued that unless a clear path is mapped out now for a hasty return to normal activity, then the country could face devastating economic damage. Critics of Health Secretary Matt Hancock - who wants to keep the lockdown going for longer - argue he’s underplaying the long-term economic destruction caused by the lockdown.

The precise decision on the extension of the coronavirus lockdown rules cannot be made until Good Friday as this is the earliest point the lockdown’s effects will register on the infection figures (which are falling rapidly).

Conservative journalists Peter Hitchens and Toby Young warned about the ‘hidden death toll’ of the lockdown which includes the rise of ‘excess morbidity’ - due to mental illness, unemployment or missing hospital appointments for critical conditions such as cancer.

Toby Young wrote: “It is an incredibly delicate issue. No one wants to be seen to be doing a crude calculus of pounds-for-lives, or debating whether a 90-year-old’s life is ‘worth’ saving.

“And for the most part everyone is being very grown up about it. But we cannot come out of this having destroyed the economy for the best part of a generation.

“Hancock is desperate not to have an overloaded NHS, with patients gasping on ventilators in an army field hospital, on his CV.”

He continued: “But the damage to society of a severe lockdown could have even more far-reaching consequences.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.exp...is-Johnson/amp

The problem with this approach is that most health systems are not equipped to deal with the exponential growth of people requiring treatment for the virus. If you make your health system able to handle 1/2 your population (or whatever your peak number will be) at the same time, there is no need for a lockdown. Most countries and states cannot do this for a variety of reasons (one that it is quite uneconomical). But if Britain can indeed handle this, then go for it.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Ask Blackie. He says he has a bit of a cold. We shouldn't listen to mainstream media.

Is that like getting a bit of the shits where you arent sure if it's safe to fart?

Tecumsehsbones
+3

And yet I heard one former Tory MP on Sky News tonight saying that Boris may be in intensive care over some other medical issue that's not coronavirus.

You mean, like a bit of a cold?

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Yeah, Sky News ain't the mainstream media.

petros
Is a bit more or less than a spot?

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Is a bit more or less than a spot?

I think it's someplace between a spot and a touch.

Avro52
+1 / -1

It's okay fella, we are here for you.

Even though you are an admitted pedophile.

Ocean Breeze
+2

It's okay fella, we are here for you.

Even though you are an admitted pedophile.

social distancing has its merits.

petros
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I think it's someplace between a spot and a touch.

I guess that'll work in a pinch.

Serryah
+1

No, they're not. They're not reporting what symptoms Boris has got.

Two numpties on here have already said he's on a ventilator, even though he isn't.

I said he MAY be on a ventilator, not that he is.

You don't go to the ICU with just minor symptoms. ICU would be for serious issues breathing.

He could get worse, he could get better.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I said he MAY be on a ventilator, not that he is.
You don't go to the ICU with just minor symptoms. ICU would be for serious issues breathing.
He could get worse, he could get better.

I don't really see how he could get worse. . .

Walter

Triggered.

Rent free. There you go again.

Walter

I'll assume you will post pictures of your Easter Sunday event at church.
Looking forward to it.

Rent free. The gubmint has closed all churches.

DaSleeper
+1
And no more Bingo!

Mockingbird
+1

Rent free.

Thank you doll.

Walter
+1
Cuomo says NY needs 30,000 ventilators, pleads with feds for help
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-feds-for-help

Cuomo: ‘We Don’t Need Any Additional Ventilators’
https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/06/c...k-coronavirus/

Did he get the 30,000?

Mockingbird
+1 / -1

Oh I don't believe everything the MSM tells me. If it's proven that he's in intensive care for some other obscure reason that's being kept from the world I wonder if it will piss Trump off for helping to perpetuate "fake news" about his good friend, and not being let in the loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wDqWpA8dwo

Ocean Breeze

Rent free. The gubmint has closed all churches.

Probably because the churches are not smart enough to do it themselves .....in the interest of PUBLIC HEALTH.

Ocean Breeze
Trump, Congressional leaders converge on need for new coronavirus economic package, concerned recent $2 trillion law wasn’t enough

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...economy&wpmk=1