BREAKING NEWS: (of all types )

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Don't matter what you call it, it's alive and it's human!

can it survive outside the womb?? that is the operative question.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Don't matter what you call it, it's alive and it's human!

So what? What gives humans the right to decide who or what is to die and who or what is to live? Why do men even have a voice in this? Why is human life more important than any other life form?
It all comes down to ego and this false sense of superiority. Humans are not superior to any other species on this planet. We just happen to think we are. Everything and everyone we kill in this life, we do so because it is convenient to our egos. Humans are a sick and demented bunch of wankers.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

So what? What gives humans the right to decide who or what is to die and who or what is to live? Why do men even have a voice in this? Why is human life more important than any other life form?
It all comes down to ego and this false sense of superiority. Humans are not superior to any other species on this planet. We just happen to think we are. Everything and everyone we kill in this life, we do so because it is convenient to our egos. Humans are a sick and demented bunch of wankers.

evolution is a slow process...

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Why? Can it survive as an independent entity until it is 15 years old? Is the inability to survive outside the womb a valid reason for killing it? Should it be killed before it has the ability to have a say in the matter?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

More important to whom? As a dog's life might be most important to dogs, perhaps it follows a human life is most important to humans!

pgs
Free Thinker

Why ?

pgs
Free Thinker

Why do rams fight for the right to mate . Why do female elk choose the biggest and strongest male to mate with .

Cliffy
Free Thinker
White House Reviews Military Plans Against Iran, in Echoes of Iraq War

WASHINGTON — At a meeting of President Trump’s top national security aides last Thursday, Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan presented an updated military plan that envisions sending as many as 120,000 troops to the Middle East should Iran attack American forces or accelerate work on nuclear weapons, administration officials said.
[To follow new military deployments to the Middle East, sign up for the weekly At War newsletter .]
The revisions were ordered by hard-liners led by John R. Bolton, Mr. Trump’s national security adviser. They do not call for a land invasion of Iran, which would require vastly more troops, officials said.

More: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/w...lans-iran.html

JLM
No Party Affiliation

You might want to give that post some more thought, Cliffy. When the day comes you need open heart surgery or a brain tumour removed, which other species would you select to do it?

Cliffy
Free Thinker

You might want to give that post some more thought, Cliffy. When the day comes you need open heart surgery or a brain tumour removed, which other species would you select to do it?

I wouldn't trust a human to do any of it. I didn't when they said I would be dead in one month if I didn't have open heart surgery back in '96. I fixed it myself. If I had a brain tumour, I would fix it myself.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I wouldn't trust a human to do any of it. I didn't when they said I would be dead in one month if I didn't have open heart surgery back in '96. I fixed it myself. If I had a brain tumour, I would fix it myself.

Tell us how. You could be a millionaire! I had a potentially fatal heart condition 4 years ago and the doctors fixed it within two weeks and today I'm healthier than a horse. You may want to look at some second, third and fourth opinions. Believe it or not there's people alive in the world today who know things you don't.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Tell us how. You could be a millionaire! I had a potentially fatal heart condition 4 years ago and the doctors fixed it within two weeks and today I'm healthier than a horse. You may want to look at some second, third and fourth opinions. Believe it or not there's people alive in the world today who know things you don't.

I have a "do not resuscitate" notice on my fridge. I don't care if I die, I just don't want to suffer.

I have studied herbal medicine, foot reflexology, Shiatsu and many other healing modalities and I trust my knowledge more than any doctor.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

I have a "do not resuscitate" notice on my fridge. I don't care if I die, I just don't want to suffer.

I have studied herbal medicine, foot reflexology, Shiatsu and many other healing modalities and I trust my knowledge more than any doctor.

That's crazy, Cliffy. I too believe that 99% of what it takes to stay alive you can and should do for yourself. How you expect to have the same knowledge they have gleaned from 7 or more years of intensive studying and working on cadavers? Four years ago I had a defibrillator installed. Tell me just how you would go about installing one on yourself. Are you going to surrender 20 or 30 years of life for lack of a defibrillator? Believe me, Cliffy, there's professional people who know stuff that you don't. Before you go ahead with the "do not resuscitate" you might want to take a close look at the other alternative as seen by a professional.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Not meaning to be intrusive, but am interested in HOW you did it and would do it. thks.

Tecumsehsbones

That's crazy, Cliffy.

Not as crazy as an old guy in British Columbia telling women in Alabama what to do with their pregnancies.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Not as crazy as an old guy in British Columbia telling women in Alabama what to do with their pregnancies.

... or old guys anywhere doing that ...

.. .. or guys anywhere doing that, for that matter ...

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

... or old guys anywhere doing that ...
.. .. or guys anywhere doing that, for that matter ...

Nope. I believe that the fathers have an interest in the pregnancies. So in any case where a woman is pregnant, the decision on whether or not to continue the pregnancy should be a vote between the man and the woman.

And, of course, since she has the greater stake, draws go to the woman.

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker

Nope. I believe that the fathers have an interest in the pregnancies. So in any case where a woman is pregnant, the decision on whether or not to continue the pregnancy should be a vote between the man and the woman.

And, of course, since she has the greater stake, draws go to the woman.

Not sure rapists qualify to make that decision. Nor do "fathers" of insets related pregnancies.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Not meaning to be intrusive, but am interested in HOW you did it and would do it. thks.

I PMed you.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Not sure rapists qualify to make that decision. Nor do "fathers" of insets related pregnancies.

Men, in general, are not much more than sperm donors. I fail to see why they should have any say unless the couple is married. I also, know, that many men feel they are not real men unless they bring forth spawn, which I have always viewed with distaste. Bringing children into such a fukked up world is rather selfish but forcing children into the world is demented.

Tecumsehsbones

Did you miss the point? If they agree, there's no question. If the man isn't available, the woman's decision rules. If the man is available and they disagree, the woman's decision rules. End of.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2

Did you miss the point? If they agree, there's no question. If the man isn't available, the woman's decision rules. If the man is available and they disagree, the woman's decision rules. End of.

A woman gets the final say because she takes all of the risks ... and her responsibilities generally last a lifetime, whereas men tend to make like big bird and flock off when the going gets tough.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

You're nuts! What woman did I tell what to do? There's another subject in this matter, that you seem eager to dismiss!

Cliffy
Free Thinker

Tecumsehsbones

You're nuts! What woman did I tell what to do? There's another subject in this matter, that you seem eager to dismiss!

Yeah, the Grumpy Grampy in BC.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by cliffy View Post

maga.... ???????