Rock and Roll

Cliffy
Received this in an email from a friend. Was wondering if any of you heard anything about this:

Hello folks
Wondering if any of you were aware of this or have been following it?
About midnight GMT shortly before the lunar eclipse the whole planet was shaken and seismograms all over the world went completely bananas:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua9Cj7mWP9c&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL Earth shaking 1
www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE71HZVtU5E&feature=player_embedded# ! Earth shaking 2
Based on data from http://aslwww.cr.usgs.gov/Seismic_Data/heli2.shtml

I picked it up from another info site early the next morning, when you could still see on the charts the moment at which the shaking started, within 15 minutes of 23h30 all round the globe. So weird to see the same thing happening almost simultaneously in Alaska, Samoa, Norway, Lhasa, Australia, Chile, Sakhalin, Barbados and everywhere in between. There was even a significant earth tremor in the Lake District as you may have seen on the TV news.
The data on this seismic info site is live so by the end of the day the critical patch was no longer on screen, though there were obviously still a lot of aftershocks visible in many places. If any of you know where to find an archive of seismic info it would be great to have another look at it.

Weird also that none of this seems to have been mentioned on the earthquake watch sites like www.iris.edu/seismon , let alone in the media. Mitch Battros on http://earthchangesmedia.com forecast significant earthquake events around the time of the eclipse and he was not wrong, as you can see from the IRIS site above.

Bar Sinister
I would say, Cliffy, that if no one noticed anything then the seismic data is a hoax. Earthquakes are hard to hide, even from the public.

hermite
Couple of things. Those links don't seem to work. Here is the real USGS site with an earthquake map for the past 7 days, and yeah, there's quite a few but they're all places that usually shake a bit. Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

Another site I like is: RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service
When that page first opens it appears to be blank, you have to scroll down a bit and towards the bottom is earthquake info for the past 12 hours. I can't recall ever seeing that much activity.

Sooooo, my advice would be to avoid tall buildings for a bit.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by hermite View Post

Couple of things. Those links don't seem to work. Here is the real USGS site with an earthquake map for the past 7 days, and yeah, there's quite a few but they're all places that usually shake a bit. Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days

Another site I like is: RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service
When that page first opens it appears to be blank, you have to scroll down a bit and towards the bottom is earthquake info for the past 12 hours. I can't recall ever seeing that much activity.

Sooooo, my advice would be to avoid tall buildings for a bit.

Tallest building in Nakusp is 3 stories. But if the Revelstoke or Myca dam should break, then we would be FUBARed.