For the good of the Americans, the Republicans must go


Tyr
#1
The GOP is becoming a cartoon

CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The Republican Party is becoming a cartoon.

Where to start?


Bobby Jindal: "I'm certainly not nearly as good of a speaker as Obama." Good OF a speaker? How about not as good at eighth-grade grammar either. It's embarrassing.


Sarah Palin? Billing the taxpayers for her kids to travel to official events the children weren't even invited to? She finally agreed to pay back the state for that money she took.


Her per diem charges to the state in the amount of $17,000 while she was living at home instead of in the governor's mansion? She has now agreed to pay the taxes owed on that money. Another tawdry grab at a few dollars that didn't belong to her.


Michael Steele, the newly elected chairman of the Republican National Committee, down on his knees apologizing to the helium-filled poster boy of the conservative right? Pathetic.


If the Republicans are ever to emerge from the long dark night they have created for themselves it will have to be without pandering to the right wing nuts that comprise Rush Limbaugh's radio audience. Didn't they learn anything in the last election?


All of which is to say the GOP is blowing it big time. They were handed a golden opportunity to redeem themselves with the election of Barack Obama -- a chance to line up and in unison condemn the evil their party put in the White House the previous eight years.


But instead of getting on board the change train and recognizing the incredible amount of damage their people had done to the country, Republicans go blithely along as though nothing has happened. They're busy obstructing Obama's programs and criticizing the Democrats' spending plans that are aimed at trying to bring the country out of a horrible recession.


I hate to break it to them, but a lot has happened. And they're not going to like any of it.


The latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows the Republican Party's favorability rating at an all-time low. President Obama's is at an all-time high. The same poll shows that Republicans are getting most of the blame for the partisanship that hinders governmental progress. And perhaps most telling, when asked which party is best equipped to lead the country out of recession, the Republicans trail the Democrats by a stunning 30 points.


And while all this is going on, the GOP ran a straw poll on who the party's nominee should be for president in 2012. Ready?


Mitt Romney finished first followed by Bobby Jindal, Ron Paul and Sarah Palin.
The Republican Party is marching double-time down the road to irrelevance and they don't even know it
 
Just the Facts
#2
Money grubbing politicians abusing their position for personal profit. That's new. Definitely unique to republicans. Certainly doesn't happen outside of the united states either.
 
RanchHand
#3
Well we know you didn't write this. Who wrote it at CNN? When did they write it at CNN? Obama's favorability rating is about the same or less than Bush's rating at this time in his presidency. "President Obama's (rating) is at an all-time high"
For Obama? In history of America?
Can you contact CNN and find out for us?
I think the guy at CNN has a powerful point that Jindal spoke incorrectly. Another nail in the coffin of the Republican party.
Brilliant post.
 
Francis2004
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyr View Post

The GOP is becoming a cartoon

CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- The Republican Party is becoming a cartoon.

Where to start?


Bobby Jindal: "I'm certainly not nearly as good of a speaker as Obama." Good OF a speaker? How about not as good at eighth-grade grammar either. It's embarrassing.


Sarah Palin? Billing the taxpayers for her kids to travel to official events the children weren't even invited to? She finally agreed to pay back the state for that money she took.


Her per diem charges to the state in the amount of $17,000 while she was living at home instead of in the governor's mansion? She has now agreed to pay the taxes owed on that money. Another tawdry grab at a few dollars that didn't belong to her.


Michael Steele, the newly elected chairman of the Republican National Committee, down on his knees apologizing to the helium-filled poster boy of the conservative right? Pathetic.


If the Republicans are ever to emerge from the long dark night they have created for themselves it will have to be without pandering to the right wing nuts that comprise Rush Limbaugh's radio audience. Didn't they learn anything in the last election?


All of which is to say the GOP is blowing it big time. They were handed a golden opportunity to redeem themselves with the election of Barack Obama -- a chance to line up and in unison condemn the evil their party put in the White House the previous eight years.


But instead of getting on board the change train and recognizing the incredible amount of damage their people had done to the country, Republicans go blithely along as though nothing has happened. They're busy obstructing Obama's programs and criticizing the Democrats' spending plans that are aimed at trying to bring the country out of a horrible recession.


I hate to break it to them, but a lot has happened. And they're not going to like any of it.


The latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows the Republican Party's favorability rating at an all-time low. President Obama's is at an all-time high. The same poll shows that Republicans are getting most of the blame for the partisanship that hinders governmental progress. And perhaps most telling, when asked which party is best equipped to lead the country out of recession, the Republicans trail the Democrats by a stunning 30 points.


And while all this is going on, the GOP ran a straw poll on who the party's nominee should be for president in 2012. Ready?


Mitt Romney finished first followed by Bobby Jindal, Ron Paul and Sarah Palin.
The Republican Party is marching double-time down the road to irrelevance and they don't even know it

Tyr, albeit the Republican party is in disarray it will find it's path back to power. One certainty in life is that things go around and around.. I am sure they are contemplating the day they squish the Democratic party to their turn, but again it will be another cycle to restart.

I read the article myself ( easy to find) and it is only someone's opinion.

Fact remains that a void is made and needs to be filled again and will be.. It will probably take two terms if not one but I guarantee you Republicans gain back power again..
 
Colpy
#5
Ah....I thought this was a Canadian forum?????

And they accuse ME of being obsessed with our friends to the south...
 
YukonJack
#6
Tyr, to misquote and paraphrase the immortal Mark Twain, the obituary notices of the Republican Party were grossly exaggerated and totally inmature.

You would be well advised to recall the sorry state of the Democrat Party in 1994. In 1996. In 2000. In 2004.

Parties live and die in cycles. Right now, due to a totally phoney, politically correct, immature and unprepared teleprompter driven empty-suit, the Democrat Party is enjoying a fire-fly resurrection of very temporary duration. So, go and enjoy it, it will come to a crushing halt, when it will be seen - even by the most devout and blind disciples - that the emperor - indeed has no clothes.

Remember: history has a habit of repeating itself. So be mindful that a hated and and unpopular President always gives way to a new preceived saviour. Thus, Nixon spawned Carter.

The 444 days of American hostages, the 18% inflation, the, 14% unemployment and the 20+% of interst rates under Carter gave rise to the Greatest Twentieth Century President, Ronald Reagan.

So, Bush was hated and unpopular. The inflation under his watch is nowhere near to that of the Peanut President. The unemployment rate under Bush's watch is nowhere near of the one under the watch of the Nobel Piss Prize Winner. And let us not forget that the real eastate crush came under the wise Democrat Leadership of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd who usurped House and Senate leadership, respectively.

So, a new Reagan is coming. No one knows yet who he/she might be. The Democrat hate machine already made hay with Palin and Jindahl. Surrise? NO! They love style over substance any day. What I would like to see is a debate between Jindahl and Obama WITHOUT a telepropmter!! Any doubt who would win that?

There is one tyhing we can all agree on: never in history EVER did a person attained the height Obama did less prepared and less qualified.

No matter he was and still is champion of crap and BS.
 
gopher
+1
#7  Top Rated Post
The RePUKEblicans have always been a laugh. That's why we say,


PALIN-MCCAIN IN 2012!!!
 
lone wolf
#8
Now I see why C.C is dead....
 
Francis2004
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolf View Post

Now I see why C.C is dead....

Actually YukonJack was banned almost more times then Harley from Canada.com...
 
MissAnnika
#10
this reminds me of that movie "Eagle Eye" anyone else see that? It had the same concept of removing the evil from politics for the good of society
 
Spade
#11
Ahhh, Republicans
An anagram, depending on the degree of commitment to the Party for
Crabs lineup
or
Carbine plus!
 
petros
#12
Oh goody! Anagram time.
Lancer Pubis

Cleanup Ribs

Ban Clip Ruse

Nab Relics Up

Bra Nice Plus

Bar Uncle Pis

Ace Burp Nils

Place Rub Sin

Scalper Bun I
 
EagleSmack
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Ah....I thought this was a Canadian forum?????

And they accuse ME of being obsessed with our friends to the south...

The OP surely is.
 
EagleSmack
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by SirFrancis2004 View Post

Tyr, albeit the Republican party is in disarray it will find it's path back to power. One certainty in life is that things go around and around.. I am sure they are contemplating the day they squish the Democratic party to their turn, but again it will be another cycle to restart.

I read the article myself ( easy to find) and it is only someone's opinion.

Fact remains that a void is made and needs to be filled again and will be.. It will probably take two terms if not one but I guarantee you Republicans gain back power again..

Agreed Sir Francis. The Republicans will indeed find themselves back in power some day and that is for sure.

But hey... the Democrats have one the day per se and it is their turn so they should enjoy and perhaps try and do some good.
 
Tyr
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by RanchHand View Post

Well we know you didn't write this. Who wrote it at CNN? When did they write it at CNN? Obama's favorability rating is about the same or less than Bush's rating at this time in his presidency. "President Obama's (rating) is at an all-time high"
For Obama? In history of America?
Can you contact CNN and find out for us?
I think the guy at CNN has a powerful point that Jindal spoke incorrectly. Another nail in the coffin of the Republican party.
Brilliant post.

Thanks
 
RanchHand
#16
Actually, as far as this forum goes, this thread might as well be in the category of 'the lighter side of anti-Americanism'. Laugh on laughing boy.
 
L Gilbert
#17
"For the good of the Americans, the Republicans must go"

Jeeeez. Why stop at just the Reps? Why not include the others, too? As I keep saying, politics and religion are the two biggest banes to humans.
 
jimmoyer
#18
In every victory is the seed of defeat.
For every thesis there inevitably arises an opposing rebel anti-thesis.
Then the battle of synthesis in which a new thesis takes hegemony.

Consult either your Hegel, or the Tao.
 
SirJosephPorter
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Spade View Post

Ahhh, Republicans
An anagram, depending on the degree of commitment to the Party for
Crabs lineup
or
Carbine plus!

I have one more for you.

Crap, snub, lie
 
SirJosephPorter
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Agreed Sir Francis. The Republicans will indeed find themselves back in power some day and that is for sure.

But hey... the Democrats have one the day per se and it is their turn so they should enjoy and perhaps try and do some good.

I agree, EagelSmack, what goes around comes around. So Republicans will be back in power , the question is only when.

And it really does not depend upon the republicans, it depends upon Obama. If Obama does well, Democrats will continue to remain in power. If there is no recovery by say, middle of next year, Republicans will probably gain control of the House (and perhaps the senate, though that seems less likely).
 
SirJosephPorter
#21
Obama's favorability rating is about the same or less than Bush's rating at this time in his presidency.

RanchHand, it is dishonest to make such a comparison. I bet that is the brain child of a far right website in USA (worldnetdaily, townhall or similar). They probably racked their brains as to how they could show their President, Bush (Obama is not the president of the far right, according to them, he is an illegal alien and a Muslim terrorist) in a favorable light, and they finally found a way.

The conditions were totally different when Bush came to power. Thanks to Clinton years, the economy was roaring ahead, there was a healthy surplus (and I think that is what led the voters astray. Economy was not an issue in the 2000 campaign, and people probably thought that the good times will continue, no matter whether Bush or Gore is elected).

When Bush came to power, people were optimistic, bullish about the economy. Bush had not yet taken the country into Iraq. It was no wonder that Bush’s rating was very high.

Now it is totally opposite. Thank to 8 years of Bush, the economy is in the tank, with no light in sight at the end of the tunnel. People are deeply pessimistic about the economy. Where Bush inherited surpluses, a robust economy and low unemployment, Obama inherited huge (Bush) deficits, the sub prime crises, credit crunch, bank bailouts, high unemployment etc, USA is still involved in two wars. It is a wonder that Obama’s popularity is so high.

Saying that Bush was more popular than Obama somehow gives the impression that while Bush’s popularity was in the low 30s, Obama’s is maybe in the high 20s (or low 20s).

As I said, it sounds like a political ploy dreamed up by a far right website in USA. Were did you read it anyway? Worldnetdaily? Townhall? Humanevents?
Last edited by SirJosephPorter; Mar 16th, 2009 at 06:34 PM..
 
SirJosephPorter
#22
So, Bush was hated and unpopular. The inflation under his watch is nowhere near to that of the Peanut President. The unemployment rate under Bush's watch is nowhere near of the one under the watch of the Nobel Piss Prize Winner. And let us not forget that the real eastate crush came under the wise Democrat Leadership of Barney Frank and Chris Dodd who usurped House and Senate leadership, respectively.

Yukon Jack, you are extolling virtues of Bush like he was the best president ever (or maybe you do think that, I know far right was very pleased with Bush). Surprisingly, you don’t see the inconsistency in praising Bush to high Heaven and the first statement you make (that Bush was hated and unpopular).

Bush had the ignominy of being the only president in recent memory to preside over two huge, deep recessions, two meltdowns. First was the dot com meltdown in 2001-2002, the second is the current one. He also entangled USA in an unpopular, pointless war in Iraq.

While he got rid of a ruthless tyrant, he neglected Afghanistan (which was much more important than Iraq in war on terror) and as a result, Afghanistan has become a huge problem today. Also, Iraq war broke the back of US economy. The huge amounts spent in Iraq, combined with the Bush tax cuts (mostly for the rich) is what transformed huge Clinton surplus into astronomical Bush deficit.

Bush is hated and unpopular and it is well deserved.
 
RanchHand
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorter View Post

Obama's favorability rating is about the same or less than Bush's rating at this time in his presidency.

RanchHand, it is dishonest to make such a comparison. I bet that is the brain child of a far right website in USA (worldnetdaily, townhall or similar). They probably racked their brains as to how they could show their President, Bush (Obama is not the president of the far right, according to them, he is an illegal alien and a Muslim terrorist) in a favorable light, and they finally found a way.

The conditions were totally different when Bush came to power. Thanks to Clinton years, the economy was roaring ahead, there was a healthy surplus (and I think that is what led the voters astray. Economy was not an issue in the 2000 campaign, and people probably thought that the good times will continue, no matter whether Bush or Gore is elected).

When Bush came to power, people were optimistic, bullish about the economy. Bush had not yet taken the country into Iraq. It was no wonder that Bush’s rating was very high.

Now it is totally opposite. Thank to 8 years of Bush, the economy is in the tank, with no light in sight at the end of the tunnel. People are deeply pessimistic about the economy. Where Bush inherited surpluses, a robust economy and low unemployment, Obama inherited huge (Bush) deficits, the sub prime crises, credit crunch, bank bailouts, high unemployment etc, USA is still involved in two wars. It is a wonder that Obama’s popularity is so high.

Saying that Bush was more popular than Obama somehow gives the impression that while Bush’s popularity was in the low 30s, Obama’s is maybe in the high 20s (or low 20s).

As I said, it sounds like a political ploy dreamed up by a far right website in USA. Were did you read it anyway? Worldnetdaily? Townhall? Humanevents?


Very fair point SirJosephPorter. I heard that on TV a couple of times in the past 5 days or so, but I cannot rember who said it and I cannot find it with google. I don't visit far right web sites, unless you consider Drudge to be far right. It's not. I pretty much watch a lot of CNN and Bill O. I watch Kieth Olberman and Chris Matthews because they are so appalling they can be 'good entertainment' on occasion. And the Sunday morning talk shows. I don't think there will be another Tim Russert for a few more generations.
 
Tyr
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorter View Post

I agree, EagelSmack, what goes around comes around. So Republicans will be back in power , the question is only when.

And it really does not depend upon the republicans, it depends upon Obama. If Obama does well, Democrats will continue to remain in power. If there is no recovery by say, middle of next year, Republicans will probably gain control of the House (and perhaps the senate, though that seems less likely).

Politics is cyclical (both in Canada and the US) and votes are generally cast in opposition to what is already there unless the "already there" can't be any worse than the unknown (Kerry, Dion)

In Obama's case. It was not so much a vote for what he "promised" but rather a vote for "get the current guy" outta there and the Republican's suffered for that.

They could have run Washington/Lincoln/Jefferson all combined into one and there chances would have been nil.

MCCain (up until the final three weeks of the campaign) was honourable and forthright and would have stood a chance without Palin or his advisors (Rove and Schmidt in particular)

If he would have stood on his morals and basically said "choose" in September it would have been very close
 
SirJosephPorter
#25
I heard that on TV a couple of times in the past 5 days or so, but I cannot rember who said it and I cannot find it with google. I don't visit far right web sites, unless you consider Drudge to be far right. It's not.

I am only guessing here, RanchHand, but if you cruise some of the far right websites, very likely you will find it there.

But where is the point in just saying that? I Googled for ‘Obama less popular than Bush', and I found a whole host of websites, most (I assume) belonging to the right and the far right. Wall Street Journal, freerepublic, thenextright. I assume these are all right or far right websites.

And yes, I do consider Drudge to be a far right (or at least a right wing) website. All his news items are to the advantage of the Republicans, and to the disadvantage of the Democrats.
 
Tyr
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by RanchHand View Post

Very fair point SirJosephPorter. I heard that on TV a couple of times in the past 5 days or so, but I cannot rember who said it and I cannot find it with google. I don't visit far right web sites, unless you consider Drudge to be far right. It's not. I pretty much watch a lot of CNN and Bill O. I watch Kieth Olberman and Chris Matthews because they are so appalling they can be 'good entertainment' on occasion. And the Sunday morning talk shows. I don't think there will be another Tim Russert for a few more generations.

I'm a little partial to "Lou Dobbs" as he doesn't seem to be left or right and although he's a little "hokey", he seems to make sense or at the very least looks to make sense of the nonsensical
 
Francis2004
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorter View Post

I agree, EagelSmack, what goes around comes around. So Republicans will be back in power , the question is only when.

And it really does not depend upon the republicans, it depends upon Obama. If Obama does well, Democrats will continue to remain in power. If there is no recovery by say, middle of next year, Republicans will probably gain control of the House (and perhaps the senate, though that seems less likely).

Here I agree.

Hence why I mentioned the term or two.

But I am not so sure if Obama is the only swing factor in the US. That can be said in Canada but not the US.
 
Francis2004
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Agreed Sir Francis. The Republicans will indeed find themselves back in power some day and that is for sure.

But hey... the Democrats have one the day per se and it is their turn so they should enjoy and perhaps try and do some good.

All in good time..

Each must enjoy their day in the sun.. How long I do not know and do not have a crystal ball and care not to try and say..
 
EagleSmack
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by SirJosephPorter View Post

I agree, EagelSmack, what goes around comes around. So Republicans will be back in power , the question is only when.

And it really does not depend upon the republicans, it depends upon Obama. If Obama does well, Democrats will continue to remain in power. If there is no recovery by say, middle of next year, Republicans will probably gain control of the House (and perhaps the senate, though that seems less likely).

IMO I do not think the GOP will win back the house so soon. When the GOP owned both houses and the Executive office they did absolutley nothing and deserved the drubbing they got. People aren't so quick to forget that either. I'd say if things are still bad in four years then the Exec Office and the House may be in jeopardy for the Dems.
 
Cannuck
#30
Interesting propaganda piece. I don't think even Faux could have done better.
 

Similar Threads

70
Help ( Democrats + Republicans ) ???
by Noname11 | Oct 25th, 2009
20
Closet Republicans
by Cobalt_Kid | Sep 3rd, 2007
13
This is why I like Republicans
by jimmoyer | Oct 24th, 2006