Increased immigration of DP's No 5 25.00%
Deploy FOO, Forward Observation Officer Yes 6 30.00%
Deploy FOO, Forward Observation Officer No 1 5.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

I would be pleasantly surprised!

Well get ready for it- Aside from CF 18's and support aircraft and Air /men-women- there will be advisers in a non combat role on the ground.

CDNBear

I would be pleasantly surprised!

That's good, because Harper stated clearly, on Friday, no combat Troops.

So, are you surprised, pleasantly even?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

That's good, because Harper stated clearly, on Friday, no combat Troops.

So, are you surprised, pleasantly even?

Using PGM's on ISIl in and around Kobani are not working. Not causing sufficent damage to ISIL.
B52's 500 or 1000 lb bombs, ISIL areas by Kobani, a bombing run would clear a large area of ISIL and take the pressure off the Kurds.

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Using PGM's on ISIl in and around Kobani are not working. Not causing sufficent damage to ISIL.
B52's 500 or 1000 lb bombs, ISIL areas by Kobani, a bombing run would clear a large area of ISIL and take the pressure off the Kurds.

Brother, I'm going to be honest, I wasn't up to speed on what was going on over there. I should have known it was very serious when Gh sent me a PM and stated his change in position.

I've seen beheading videos, Cartel chainsaw messages, but I hadn't seen evil, true evil, until today. Not made for TV evil, not the stuff of demons or acid blooded aliens. But the true absence of a soul, of a heart, of a conscience. Pure evil, personified.

If we are to put an end to this, and swiftly, as it should be done. The QSO and RoE needs to be suspended. We as a coalition of nations need to amass our collective Armies, and put to death, each and every last one of these animals. In the most horrific and violent ways possible.

No three block warfare, no peacekeepers.

WAR!

Where we win, because we are fighting for a just cause, against the purveyors of evil.

Canada has not committed enough.

Durry
The Lib pretty boy does not want Canada to participate, he just wants us to send aid and use diplomacy.

#juan
A half dozen F-18s are not going to be that effective in that kind of war. Using a $160,000.00 missile to take out a bloody jeep is never gonna be cost effective. Canada needs troops on the ground.....but those troops need support....like tanks and artillery and somebody directing our jets. At last count there was 66 countries that are contributing to this effort......that makes me happy.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

The Lib pretty boy does not want Canada to participate, he just wants us to send aid and use diplomacy.

We've seen how ISIS treats aid workers trying to help their fellow Muslims.

These guys are fukked and so is the gov't and the opposition parties.

A half dozen F-18s are not going to be that effective in that kind of war. Using a $160,000.00 missile to take out a bloody jeep is never gonna be cost effective.

At this point, cost effective really shouldn't be a consideration.

Durry
+1
Heaven helps us if the Liberals and pretty boy ever get into power in Canada !!

WLDB

I've seen beheading videos, Cartel chainsaw messages, but I hadn't seen evil, true evil, until today. Not made for TV evil, not the stuff of demons or acid blooded aliens. But the true absence of a soul, of a heart, of a conscience. Pure evil, personified.

Ive seen those things too. What does ISIS have or do to make them any worse than the others who do the same thing?

Goober

A half dozen F-18s are not going to be that effective in that kind of war. Using a $160,000.00 missile to take out a bloody jeep is never gonna be cost effective. Canada needs troops on the ground.....but those troops need support....like tanks and artillery and somebody directing our jets. At last count there was 66 countries that are contributing to this effort......that makes me happy.

Turkey, Saudi, Egypt, Qatar, UAE, plenty of troops, armor, planes.
Let them clean up the shxthole that some of them helped create.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDB View Post

Ive seen those things too. What does ISIS have or do to make them any worse than the others who do the same thing?

I watched them lay men out in a ditch, walk along and shoot them one by one in the head.

I watched them drag men to the side of a river and put a round through their heads, one buy one and dump them in the river.

The odd radical act, by a small sect, is one thing, but this is on a mass scale not seen since the Nazi's first came up with the final solution.

These people just haven't put in the express lane the Nazi's did.

But I fear they would given the chance.

Given the level of atrocity, the reach of their media, the grasp it has had on the young Muslims that have left here to kill there.

It isn't a stretch to see the very real danger of blood being spilled here.

Until today, I really wasn't at all interested at getting involved, honestly.

After today, I'm willing to die to stop them.

SLM
+1
I've long feared it would take an all out world war to bring this to an end.

Looks like that's maybe not far off.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

It actually might be far off.

It looks like we're going to try and pretend we're serious, while we placate two sides of the electorate.

This has to be fought with the same ferocity as WWII.

There will be collateral damage, pictures of babies in burned out , half demolished buildings.

It will test the resolve of the most hardened heart.

But the west hasn't the stomach to wage war on these animals as it needs to be waged.

WLDB

I watched them lay men out in a ditch, walk along and shoot them one by one in the head.

I watched them drag men to the side of a river and put a round through their heads, one buy one and dump them in the river.

The odd radical act, by a small sect, is one thing, but this is on a mass scale not seen since the Nazi's first came up with the final solution.

So its a difference of scale rather than the acts themselves?

Perhaps. They need to figure out how to take out the ideology though. Going to war against these people is not the same as going to war against another country. These guys can disappear in one country and reappear in another fairly quick. Many terrorist organizations have done so. You never really know if you got them all or not, and if you did its likely that another similar group would pop into existence.

CDNBear

So its a difference of scale rather than the acts themselves?

Not really, it's the resolve and lengths that one is willing to go.

It takes a special kind of disconnect, to stand there while someone walks your next victim up to you, for you to put to death, like an assembly line.

Or walk along a ditch and take aim at the back of a prostrate man' head, enmass.

WLDB

There will be collateral damage, pictures of babies in burned out , half demolished buildings.

It will test the resolve of the most hardened heart.

But the west hasn't the stomach to wage war on these animals as it needs to be waged.

Images like that are already being used pretty effectively by ISIS and others to get new recruits.

gerryh
+4
Most of you know what my position on war has always been. Unfortunately, that position has now become untenable. WLDB makes very good points on other areas of the world. I have stated in the past that it was getting to the point where the UN needs to take a firm stand against attrocities and do something about it. It has now past the tipping point. It matters not, at this time, the whys and wherefores. It is time to take firm action and do something. If the UN members are not willing to take that stand, then NATO must.take the reins and step up. As a world family we no longer have the luxury of sitting back in our easy chairs mouthing platitudes. Action, and at this point it looks like military is our only option left no matter how unsavoury that May be, must be taken. Not in a week, or a month, but immediately. If the UN is unwilling or unable to pull the world community together then NATO must step up and take the reins.

Too many in this world, for far too long, have lived under threat. We must end the threats, and make sure those that wish to continue killing know that they will be dealt with quickly and perminatly. It has become uncomfortably clear to me that that is the only way our global community will have any chance at long term peace and prosperity.

Short term pain, for long term gain globally. Time to look at the greater good, rather than the selfish, personal, short term, comfort.

CDNBear

Images like that are already being used pretty effectively by ISIS and others to get new recruits.

They won't have the opportunity to use them, when they're in them.

There's a difference between the conflict that produces such horrible causalities we see on the evening news now, and the wholesale slaughter of the war I propose.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Most of you know what my position on war has always been. Unfortunately, that position has now become untenable. WLDB makes very good points on other areas of the world. I have stated in the past that it was getting to the point where the UN needs to take a firm stand against attrocities and do something about it. It has now past the tipping point. It matters not, at this time, the whys and wherefores. It is time to take firm action and do something. If the UN members are not willing to take that stand, then NATO must.take the reins and step up. As a world family we no longer have the luxury of sitting back in our easy chairs mouthing platitudes. Action, and at this point it looks like military is our only option left no matter how unsavoury that May be, must be taken. Not in a week, or a month, but immediately. If the UN is unwilling or unable to pull the world community together then NATO must step up and take the reins.

Too many in this world, for far too long, have lived under threat. We must end the threats, and make sure those that wish to continue killing know that they will be dealt with quickly and perminatly. It has become uncomfortably clear to me that that is the only way our global community will have any chance at long term peace and prosperity.

Short term pain, for long term gain globally. Time to look at the greater good, rather than the selfish, personal, short term, comfort.

My friend, I feel your pain, and apologise for not understanding where you were coming from.

Durry

Your just a loser, you can't assess fk all.
NATO, hahaha what a joke.

Why don't you go and sit in the corner and suck your tumb all day and let the real men of this country decide what's the best way forward.

gerryh
+3

Why don't you go and sit in the corner and suck your tumb all day and let the real men of this country decide what's the best way forward.

Really, lol. And I suppose you are one of those "real men". You are a joke. A pathetic little man that I am sure would toss a child aside to hide under a bed at the first sign of danger.

Keep up the good work, we all need some comedic relief in these times.

Durry

Really, lol. And I suppose you are one of those "real men". You are a joke. A pathetic little man that I am sure would toss a child aside to hide under a bed at the first sign of danger.

Keep up the good work, we all need some comedic relief in these times.

You have shown us many times what a lost little sick ***** you are but the above post of yours really shows how lost you are in this world.
Try growing up a bit,,eh!!

gerryh
+2

You have shown us many times what a lost little sick ***** you are but the above post of yours really shows how lost you are in this world.

I don't have the time or patience for 12 year olds..... Bear?

CDNBear
+2

Look, everyone has the right to be stupid from time to time, but you're abusing that right.

I get that you don't pick up things that are obvious to most. So maybe if you take a few moments, recollect and give a little thought to how a pacifist, one that has been consistent and constant in his beliefs, goes from said position, to the one he finds himself favouring now.

Just a few moments, I mean even children are capable of picking up on the most minor of social cues.

SLM
+2

I don't have the time or patience for 12 year olds..... Bear?

I'd ignore him, he's a complete loser.

The only thing more idiotic is some brainless twerp running around posting 'lolz' all the time.

Locutus
"war" eh?

WLDB
+3

Look, everyone has the right to be stupid from time to time, but you're abusing that right.

I get that you don't pick up things that are obvious to most. So maybe if you take a few moments, recollect and give a little thought to how a pacifist, one that has been consistent and constant in his beliefs, goes from said position, to the one he finds himself favouring now.

Just a few moments, I mean even children are capable of picking up on the most minor of social cues.

Dont go too hard on him. He's a westerner after all.

CDNBear
+3

Dont go too hard on him. He's a westerner after all.

I'm surprised he hasn't accidentally shot himself yet.

SLM
+3

I'm surprised he hasn't accidentally shot himself yet.

In the elbow.

JLM
[QUOTE=#juan;1987798]The last time we sent Canadian troops to one of these clusterf--ks we lost 160 killed and about a thousand wounded. I would like to know more about the mission than I do now. Can we win?[/QUOTE]

That's irrelevant, if we don't go we are going to lose!

Bugger off bear! Who died and made you an authority on anything? In any case, we don't know what Harper will say on Monday. Obama has asked for help and I think t\he wants boots on the ground. I will be very surprised if we get away with a half dozen CF - 18s

We have two problems in this country.................Thomas Mulcair and Jr. Canada has to make a bigger contribution than handing out hot dogs at lunch time.

I'd ignore him, he's a complete loser.

The only thing more idiotic is some brainless twerp running around posting 'lolz' all the time.

Boys will be boys, S.L.M. -

Good post Gerry. I've said for years that the useless U.N. has to be "deep sixed". Maybe was can sic Cannuck on the multitude of old boys drawing huge salaries.

Goober
+3

You keep on reaching a lower level. Not at all uprising.